Neil Patrick Harris's Husband, David Burtka Has a Jealous Streak, Worried About New York Guys Flirting
By Annie Dee | June 30, 2014 10:06 AM EST
It seems Neil Patrick Harris' fans can thank David Burtka for allowing the "How I Met Your Mother" star to take on the lead role for the "Hedwig and the Angry Inch" on Broadway. According to a new report, Neil Patrick Harris was only able to take on the role of the famous Broadway show after he agreed to do so in his husband, David's terms. David only allows Neil maximum of six months in New York, Radar Online reports.
Neil Patrick Harris accepts the award for Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role in a Musical for "Hedwig and the Angry Inch"during the American Theatre Wing's 68th annual Tony Awards at Radio City Music Hall in New York, June 8, 2014.
According to Radar Online, Neil Patrick Harris agreed to David's rule of only six months in New York or else he would not be able to take on the role. This is because other men often flirt with Harris. Burtka can only take six months of separation and he wants Neil back in Los Angeles with their two children after that. Extension will not be allowed.
"Neil and David came to an agreement that he would let Neil do Hedwig on Broadway for six months, including the rehearsals and previews," the source shared to Radar Online. "David was adamant that he not extend, partly, because moving to New York for longer than the summer would have been too disruptive for the kids."
According to the report, Burtka has a jealous streak and he does not want to risk Harris being tempted with other guys while they are away from each other.
"David also didn't trust leaving Neil in New York to do the show while he and the kids went back to L.A. because he knows that other guys are always very flirtatious with Neil in LA and he didn't want to risk it in New York," the source detailed.
If David can have his way, Neil Patrick should just stay in LA at all times. "At least in LA David is always around to make sure it never goes any further. And not to say certain guys haven't become 'friendly' with David in New York too, but without each other around, it's hard to resist other guys hitting on them."
David should not worry, considering Neil already claimed he will be taking a break after Hedwig in August. "Hopefully, some much needed rest. I'm ready for a little bit of downtime," he told People magazine."After August, I'll be all up in waffles," the "Smurfs" actor added.
For fans who want to see Neil Patrick Harris in his element though and even meet him personally, they can now purchase a groupon for just $10 that will enter them in a sweepstakes to win the experience for two, Reuters reports.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice’ First Photo Of Lex Luthor Leaked, Jesse Eisenberg On Villain’s Role And Plot Details Revealed
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nick Cannon–Mariah Carey Divorce Reports: Nick Dating Younger Woman
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Captain America 3’: Red Skull Returns, Greater Villains Added
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones