Neil Patrick Harris's Husband, David Burtka Has a Jealous Streak, Worried About New York Guys Flirting
By Annie Dee | June 30, 2014 10:06 AM EST
It seems Neil Patrick Harris' fans can thank David Burtka for allowing the "How I Met Your Mother" star to take on the lead role for the "Hedwig and the Angry Inch" on Broadway. According to a new report, Neil Patrick Harris was only able to take on the role of the famous Broadway show after he agreed to do so in his husband, David's terms. David only allows Neil maximum of six months in New York, Radar Online reports.
Neil Patrick Harris accepts the award for Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role in a Musical for "Hedwig and the Angry Inch"during the American Theatre Wing's 68th annual Tony Awards at Radio City Music Hall in New York, June 8, 2014.
According to Radar Online, Neil Patrick Harris agreed to David's rule of only six months in New York or else he would not be able to take on the role. This is because other men often flirt with Harris. Burtka can only take six months of separation and he wants Neil back in Los Angeles with their two children after that. Extension will not be allowed.
"Neil and David came to an agreement that he would let Neil do Hedwig on Broadway for six months, including the rehearsals and previews," the source shared to Radar Online. "David was adamant that he not extend, partly, because moving to New York for longer than the summer would have been too disruptive for the kids."
According to the report, Burtka has a jealous streak and he does not want to risk Harris being tempted with other guys while they are away from each other.
"David also didn't trust leaving Neil in New York to do the show while he and the kids went back to L.A. because he knows that other guys are always very flirtatious with Neil in LA and he didn't want to risk it in New York," the source detailed.
If David can have his way, Neil Patrick should just stay in LA at all times. "At least in LA David is always around to make sure it never goes any further. And not to say certain guys haven't become 'friendly' with David in New York too, but without each other around, it's hard to resist other guys hitting on them."
David should not worry, considering Neil already claimed he will be taking a break after Hedwig in August. "Hopefully, some much needed rest. I'm ready for a little bit of downtime," he told People magazine."After August, I'll be all up in waffles," the "Smurfs" actor added.
For fans who want to see Neil Patrick Harris in his element though and even meet him personally, they can now purchase a groupon for just $10 that will enter them in a sweepstakes to win the experience for two, Reuters reports.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools