Ben Affleck Reports: Drug, Alcohol & Gambling Addiction Threatens Marriage to Jennifer Garner
By Riza Ornos | June 30, 2014 10:02 AM EST
Back in 2008, actor Ben Affleck revealed that he gave up his wild lifestyle to be a good father and husband to Jennifer Garner. But based on the recent reports, the Grammy-award winning director is back in his old lifestyle, including drugs and gambling, and his addiction is threatening his marriage life.
Director Ben Affleck holds his best picture award for his film "Argo" at the 2013 Vanity Fair Oscars Party in West Hollywood, California in this file photo taken February 25, 2013. Affleck was banned earlier this week from playing blackjack at the Hard Rock casino in Las Vegas because he was "too good," a source close to the Oscar-winner said on Friday.
"I love being a father, it's wonderful. It's changed my life. All the clichés are true," Affleck revealed on his interview with Mirror back in May 2008. "My daughter Violet, who's two, is the most important person in my life. And Jen's great. I'm a lucky guy. I know my wife doesn't have much faith in me preparing my daughter's food properly when she's working, but I always surprise her by getting the job done."
All those years the actor maintained a squeaky clean image but according to Lainey Gossip report posted on Celebdirty Laundry, "the image is just a big front for what lies underneath - which is a man who has a lot of bad addictions, including drugs and gambling." The Web site also revealed that the "Batman vs Superman" actor's marriage to Jennifer Garner has been in trouble because of his excessive gambling.
Based on the recent report of Perez Hilton, the actor is a frequent visitor of one of Detroit's casinos whenever he is not shooting in Michigan. The news came after two months that the actor was kicked out of a Las Vegas joint for card counting.
"It took me a minute to realize it was Ben Affleck. He looked disheveled and upset while sitting there gambling. He seemed really frazzled like he had just lost a ton of money," told a source in an interview posted on the Web site. He was smoking a cigarette and his head was down in his arms. When he sat up his eyes looked bloodshot, like he'd been there all night!"
Because of his behavior, Garner allegedly cancelled a family trip to Michigan and was mortified about the Las Vegas incident. And to make matters worse, Mark Ruffalo recently claimed that he is no longer friends with his co-star in "13 Going on 30" because of Ben.
So fans of the couple could only hope that they will work out their differences for their two daughters, Violet and Seraphina Rose.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles