Ben Affleck Reports: Drug, Alcohol & Gambling Addiction Threatens Marriage to Jennifer Garner
By Riza Ornos | June 30, 2014 10:02 AM EST
Back in 2008, actor Ben Affleck revealed that he gave up his wild lifestyle to be a good father and husband to Jennifer Garner. But based on the recent reports, the Grammy-award winning director is back in his old lifestyle, including drugs and gambling, and his addiction is threatening his marriage life.
Director Ben Affleck holds his best picture award for his film "Argo" at the 2013 Vanity Fair Oscars Party in West Hollywood, California in this file photo taken February 25, 2013. Affleck was banned earlier this week from playing blackjack at the Hard Rock casino in Las Vegas because he was "too good," a source close to the Oscar-winner said on Friday.
"I love being a father, it's wonderful. It's changed my life. All the clichés are true," Affleck revealed on his interview with Mirror back in May 2008. "My daughter Violet, who's two, is the most important person in my life. And Jen's great. I'm a lucky guy. I know my wife doesn't have much faith in me preparing my daughter's food properly when she's working, but I always surprise her by getting the job done."
All those years the actor maintained a squeaky clean image but according to Lainey Gossip report posted on Celebdirty Laundry, "the image is just a big front for what lies underneath - which is a man who has a lot of bad addictions, including drugs and gambling." The Web site also revealed that the "Batman vs Superman" actor's marriage to Jennifer Garner has been in trouble because of his excessive gambling.
Based on the recent report of Perez Hilton, the actor is a frequent visitor of one of Detroit's casinos whenever he is not shooting in Michigan. The news came after two months that the actor was kicked out of a Las Vegas joint for card counting.
"It took me a minute to realize it was Ben Affleck. He looked disheveled and upset while sitting there gambling. He seemed really frazzled like he had just lost a ton of money," told a source in an interview posted on the Web site. He was smoking a cigarette and his head was down in his arms. When he sat up his eyes looked bloodshot, like he'd been there all night!"
Because of his behavior, Garner allegedly cancelled a family trip to Michigan and was mortified about the Las Vegas incident. And to make matters worse, Mark Ruffalo recently claimed that he is no longer friends with his co-star in "13 Going on 30" because of Ben.
So fans of the couple could only hope that they will work out their differences for their two daughters, Violet and Seraphina Rose.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS