Ben Affleck Reports: Drug, Alcohol & Gambling Addiction Threatens Marriage to Jennifer Garner
By Riza Ornos | June 30, 2014 10:02 AM EST
Back in 2008, actor Ben Affleck revealed that he gave up his wild lifestyle to be a good father and husband to Jennifer Garner. But based on the recent reports, the Grammy-award winning director is back in his old lifestyle, including drugs and gambling, and his addiction is threatening his marriage life.
Director Ben Affleck holds his best picture award for his film "Argo" at the 2013 Vanity Fair Oscars Party in West Hollywood, California in this file photo taken February 25, 2013. Affleck was banned earlier this week from playing blackjack at the Hard Rock casino in Las Vegas because he was "too good," a source close to the Oscar-winner said on Friday.
"I love being a father, it's wonderful. It's changed my life. All the clichés are true," Affleck revealed on his interview with Mirror back in May 2008. "My daughter Violet, who's two, is the most important person in my life. And Jen's great. I'm a lucky guy. I know my wife doesn't have much faith in me preparing my daughter's food properly when she's working, but I always surprise her by getting the job done."
All those years the actor maintained a squeaky clean image but according to Lainey Gossip report posted on Celebdirty Laundry, "the image is just a big front for what lies underneath - which is a man who has a lot of bad addictions, including drugs and gambling." The Web site also revealed that the "Batman vs Superman" actor's marriage to Jennifer Garner has been in trouble because of his excessive gambling.
Based on the recent report of Perez Hilton, the actor is a frequent visitor of one of Detroit's casinos whenever he is not shooting in Michigan. The news came after two months that the actor was kicked out of a Las Vegas joint for card counting.
"It took me a minute to realize it was Ben Affleck. He looked disheveled and upset while sitting there gambling. He seemed really frazzled like he had just lost a ton of money," told a source in an interview posted on the Web site. He was smoking a cigarette and his head was down in his arms. When he sat up his eyes looked bloodshot, like he'd been there all night!"
Because of his behavior, Garner allegedly cancelled a family trip to Michigan and was mortified about the Las Vegas incident. And to make matters worse, Mark Ruffalo recently claimed that he is no longer friends with his co-star in "13 Going on 30" because of Ben.
So fans of the couple could only hope that they will work out their differences for their two daughters, Violet and Seraphina Rose.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier