iPhone 6 Release Date Imminent as New Handset Will Likely be Cheaper than iPhone 5s - Reports
By Karla Danica Figuerres | June 30, 2014 10:02 AM EST
The iPhone 6 release date becomes imminent as Walmart permanently cuts price of Apple's iPhone 5s to $99, iPhone 5c to $29 and new reports claimed that the iPhone 6 price could be cheaper compared to the previous iPhone 5s.
A woman holds her new Apple iPhone 5S after buying it at an Apple Store at Tokyo's Ginza shopping district September 20, 2013
A new report from Chinese media via G for Games showed that the 32GB version of iPhone 6 will cost $850 and the 64 GB variant will cost $1010. This is essentially a price drop since the 16 GB and 64 GB of the current iPhone 5s costs $1060 and $1100, respectively.
According to the announcement made by Walmart, it will be lowering the price of Apple's iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c version, earlier than the approaching refresh cycle coming this fall.
A spokesperson coming from Walmart informed Engadget to the latest pricing category, inscribe there is the Apple's lowered price, iPhone 5s will be available in stores for $99 with two-year contract, down from $149, while the 16GB iPhone 5c will be decreased to $29, down from $49.
These changes on the price of iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c are arranged to carry out an exactly 9 a.m. local time and are only available through brick-and-mortar stores. Higher capacity models like the 32GB iPhone 5s and 5c are also awaited and particular information will be released soon.
Also Walmart is already giving the same price on the selected iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c versions via different activities like the 2013 holiday sale, but the decrease of the price of the selected iPhone will be permanent.
The reason why Apple decided to do this move is still unknown, but it can be concluded that Apple is planning to wait for competitors before they launches there new and next-generation iPhone 6.
Maybe Apple is trying to get rid of its stock of iPhones in preparation for the iPhone 6, which is speculated to debut in just a few months' time.
The alleged "iPhone 6" comes in two sizes, a 4.7-inch version and a larger 5.5-inch "phablet" type model. The two are said to feature a complete redesign with thinner chassis, rounded edges and a relocated sleep or wake button. Internal enhancements are also made that will possibly include an advanced "A8" processor and improved communications hardware, expected by industry watchers.
Recent speculation says Apple will launch the speculated iPhone 6 during the company's usual launch date in September, and there are some reports saying that it specifically on September 19.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Battery Life Test Shows Its Curved Display And Build Has Impacted Its Battery Performance