Rinehart Family Feud: Ginia Rinehart Admits Being Hurt by Brother’s Oxygen Thief Comment
By Vittorio Hernandez | June 30, 2014 8:52 AM EST
At the end of the New South Wales Supreme Court's hearing of the Rinehart family feud on who should replace mining billionaire Gina Rinehart as the trustee of the $5-billion trust that controls about 25 per cent of Hancock Prospecting, youngest daughter Ginia admitted being hurt by brother John's remarks about her.
John had called his half-sister oxygen thief, moron and intellectually disabled.
Ginia said, "Nasty and mean comments shouldn't be made about anyone, let alone a family member, and certainly not to be then supported publicly by another family member," quoted by Daily Mail.
The mining mogul lashed out at eldest daughter Bianca, who sought to replace her mum as trustee , and John whom she labeled as selfish for the attempts to gain control over the trust.
Rinehart insisted she had always worked in the best interest of their family company, stressing, "My record shows I have turned Hancock Prospecting into one of the most successful private companies in the country, which is of benefit to all my children given their interest via the trust I requested be set up for them."
She emphasised that hard work, sacrifice and immense dedication and not short-term gambles in the hope of quick easy money was what got their family to their financial success, with the help of their dedicated but very small executive team. Rinehart kept her number 1 position on BRW Rich List 200 released last week, despite losing $2 billion the past 12 months due to the plummeting price of iron ore in the international market.
Bianca said she disagreed with the language used by John, but defended him, insisting his remarks against Ginia wasn't a personal attack, but his way of ensuring the family business is not left in the hands of someone who he believes is not fit for the job.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- New Malaysia Airlines Caught in Adelaide Airport Latest Scare
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Formula 1 Chief Sues Google over Sex Party Pictures
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8