Rinehart Family Feud: Ginia Rinehart Admits Being Hurt by Brother’s Oxygen Thief Comment
By Vittorio Hernandez | June 30, 2014 8:52 AM EST
At the end of the New South Wales Supreme Court's hearing of the Rinehart family feud on who should replace mining billionaire Gina Rinehart as the trustee of the $5-billion trust that controls about 25 per cent of Hancock Prospecting, youngest daughter Ginia admitted being hurt by brother John's remarks about her.
John had called his half-sister oxygen thief, moron and intellectually disabled.
Ginia said, "Nasty and mean comments shouldn't be made about anyone, let alone a family member, and certainly not to be then supported publicly by another family member," quoted by Daily Mail.
The mining mogul lashed out at eldest daughter Bianca, who sought to replace her mum as trustee , and John whom she labeled as selfish for the attempts to gain control over the trust.
Rinehart insisted she had always worked in the best interest of their family company, stressing, "My record shows I have turned Hancock Prospecting into one of the most successful private companies in the country, which is of benefit to all my children given their interest via the trust I requested be set up for them."
She emphasised that hard work, sacrifice and immense dedication and not short-term gambles in the hope of quick easy money was what got their family to their financial success, with the help of their dedicated but very small executive team. Rinehart kept her number 1 position on BRW Rich List 200 released last week, despite losing $2 billion the past 12 months due to the plummeting price of iron ore in the international market.
Bianca said she disagreed with the language used by John, but defended him, insisting his remarks against Ginia wasn't a personal attack, but his way of ensuring the family business is not left in the hands of someone who he believes is not fit for the job.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight