Apple Updates iPod Touch Lineup, Prices Slashed
By Sovan Mandal | June 30, 2014 7:46 AM EST
Apple has brought about some pleasant changes to its iPod lineup. According to AppleInsider, the biggest change has been introduced to the entry level 16 GB iPod Touch which now boasts of an iSight camera. The 5 megapixel camera allows for 1080p HD video recording. This apart, buyers can now choose from half a dozen colors which so far were exclusive to the more expensive versions. Color options now available include black, space grey, pink, yellow, blue, and RED colors.
Apple Chief Executive Officer Steve Jobs holds the new " iPad" during the launch of Apple's new tablet computing device in San Francisco, January 27, 2010.
Further, the iPod Touch has also been made compatible with the wrist strap which again was available with only the higher end models. Buyers though will still have to shell out an extra $9 for the strap. Saving the best for the last, the 16 GB iPod Touch has now been priced at $199. This marks a hefty price cut over the $229 that it earlier came for.
The price adjustment has also been extended to the 32 and 64 GB versions of the iPod Touch. The 32GB iPod Touch is now listed at the Apple Store for $249, $50 less than the original $299. Similarly, the 64 GB iPod Touch is now retailing for $299, down from the original $399. Apple ear pods are standard shipment with all the models. All versions ship within 24 hours.
Other details continue to be the same. For instance, all the iPod Touch models feature the same 4 inch Retina Display, front facing FaceTime HD camera and run iOS 7. Similarly, all the iPod Touch versions continue to feature the same A5 chip.
The update and price revision comes at a time when iPods have found themselves under increased competition from smartphones. Users aren't inclined to have with them a separate device largely for music when they can have the same experience with their smartphones. iPod sales has been declining steadily over the past several quarters with Apple managing to sell just 2.7 million of these during the last quarter.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 Reportedly Cleared by FCC: Five Fresh Features to Expect from Android Smart Phone
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs. OnePlus One—Specifications, Features, Release Date and Price Showdown
- Transfer News: In Demand Everton Midfielder Silence Speculations by Penning New Deal [VIDEO]
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Reebok Launches Bacon Line to Lure CrossFit and Paleo Diet Fans
- Transfer News: Star Midfielder Pledges Future with Manchester City [VIDEO]
- ACT Party's Demand to Re Consider Maoris Privileges Evokes Reprimand