Apple Updates iPod Touch Lineup, Prices Slashed
By Sovan Mandal | June 30, 2014 7:46 AM EST
Apple has brought about some pleasant changes to its iPod lineup. According to AppleInsider, the biggest change has been introduced to the entry level 16 GB iPod Touch which now boasts of an iSight camera. The 5 megapixel camera allows for 1080p HD video recording. This apart, buyers can now choose from half a dozen colors which so far were exclusive to the more expensive versions. Color options now available include black, space grey, pink, yellow, blue, and RED colors.
Apple Chief Executive Officer Steve Jobs holds the new " iPad" during the launch of Apple's new tablet computing device in San Francisco, January 27, 2010.
Further, the iPod Touch has also been made compatible with the wrist strap which again was available with only the higher end models. Buyers though will still have to shell out an extra $9 for the strap. Saving the best for the last, the 16 GB iPod Touch has now been priced at $199. This marks a hefty price cut over the $229 that it earlier came for.
The price adjustment has also been extended to the 32 and 64 GB versions of the iPod Touch. The 32GB iPod Touch is now listed at the Apple Store for $249, $50 less than the original $299. Similarly, the 64 GB iPod Touch is now retailing for $299, down from the original $399. Apple ear pods are standard shipment with all the models. All versions ship within 24 hours.
Other details continue to be the same. For instance, all the iPod Touch models feature the same 4 inch Retina Display, front facing FaceTime HD camera and run iOS 7. Similarly, all the iPod Touch versions continue to feature the same A5 chip.
The update and price revision comes at a time when iPods have found themselves under increased competition from smartphones. Users aren't inclined to have with them a separate device largely for music when they can have the same experience with their smartphones. iPod sales has been declining steadily over the past several quarters with Apple managing to sell just 2.7 million of these during the last quarter.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report