Game of Thrones Season 5 Filming Begins End-July; Fans Discuss Bran Stark's Flight, Sansa's Redemption, and the Lady Stoneheart Missing Story in GOT 4 Finale [SPOILERS]
By Arlene Paredes | June 30, 2014 2:50 AM EST
"Game of Thrones" Season 5 begins filming end of July, according to reports. Two weeks after the GOT 4 finale aired on HBO, fans are still discussing about their favourite characters. Among the usual forum topics are Bran Stark's flight, Sansa Stark's shift to darkness, and Lady Stoneheart not showing up on TV.
Peter Dinklage, winner of the award for best performance by an actor in a supporting role in a series, mini-series or motion picture made for television, for "Game of Thrones," poses backstage at the 69th Annual Golden Globe Awards in Beverly Hills, Calif, Jan 15, 2012.
Spoiler alert: This feature contains spoilers on Game of Thrones Season 4 finale. Read at your own risk.
That Bran Stark (Isaac Hempstead-Wright) will fly is not a surprise to those who have read the book series "A Song of Ice and Fire" by George R.R. Martin. Knowing the twists in the TV adaptation, however, many fans are convinced that Bran will fly as Drogon, the currently MIA dragon of Daenerys Targaryen (Emilia Clarke).
If Bran wargs into Drogon, it will be an exciting twist for the boy who will never walk again. Bran's encounter with the Three-Eyed Raven continues in Game of Thrones Season 5. In the series, this develops in the fifth (and last-to-be-published) book, "A Dance with Dragons."
Sansa Stark (Sophie Turner) is supposed to have a scene in the Game of Thrones Season 4 finale, director Alex Graves confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter. The young woman is rising into the darkness, as symbolised by her black, regal, feathery dress. She is also set to fly, albeit metaphorically.
"Shall we go?" Sansa asks in GOT 4 Episode 8. She is no longer the starry-eyed lovestruck girl from the North. She had lived with the Lannister monsters, and now she is suspected of having murdered one of them. Sansa surprises Petyr Baelish (Aidan Gillen) when she chooses his side. It means the soon-to-be Lady of the Eyrie is finally playing the game. Game of Thrones Season 5 could be this Stark girl's redemption.
Many fans were hoping that with the exciting changes happening among the Stark children, their mother Catelyn Stark (Michelle Fairley) would join in the small victories as Lady Stoneheart. The actress playing Catelyn, however, has confirmed to Entertainment Weekly she is not coming back.
Lady Stoneheart encounters Brienne of Tarth (Gwendoline Christie) and Podrick (Daniel Portman) in the fourth ASoIaF book, "A Feast for Crows." Having Brienne battle The Hound aka Sandor Clegane (Rory McCann) -- in a 4-day GOT filming challenge - changes the story in many ways.
"[Catelyn Stark is] dead," Fairley told Entertainment Weekly, in response to a question hinting that Lady Stoneheart is "not likely to ever happen." This means Ms Fairley is not joining the Game of Thrones Season 5 filming activities.
Game of Thrones Season 5 air date is expected to be officially announced later in the year. As in previous seasons, the premiere episode could air on HBO on the last Sunday of March or the first Sunday of April 2015.
Related TV Stories, Episode Guides and Spoilers
Game of Thrones Season 5 Expectations, Speculations: Daenerys Targaryen, Sansa Stark, Arya Stark and Cersei Lannister Get Tougher, Darker [SPOILERS]
Once Upon A Time Season 4 Casting Update on Elsa and Anna, Jennifer Morrison Dishes Thoughts on Emma Swan and Neal (aka Baelfire) [READ]
Revenge Season 4 Spoilers: Emily Thorne, Jack Porter in New Love Triangle; Sunil Nayar Hopes for More Seasons [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan