Costa Rica vs. Greece Free Live Stream & Preview – FIFA World Cup Round of 16
By Lou Ramon Aguila | June 29, 2014 11:02 PM EST
Costa Rica and Greece, the underdogs of the World Cup, will face off in the knockout stages of the tournament for the first time in history on Sunday at 21:00 BST (6:00 a.m Sydney Time).
Costa Rica stunned the football world by topping a formidable group consists of three former World Cup champions: England, Italy and Uruguay. However, Head coach Jorge Luis Pinto and his guys are looking to prove their performance in the group stages isn't a fluke. A victory for Costa Rica will launch them to the quarterfinals for the first time ever.
Costa Rica's Giancarlo Gonzalez (R) reacts after being shown the yellow card from referee Djamel Haimoudi during the 2014 World Cup Group D soccer match against England at the Mineirao stadium in Belo Horizonte June 24, 2014.
Meanwhile, Greece made it to the knockout stages all thanks to a controversial penalty goal in the last minute of the do-or-die match with Ivory Coast. Greece head coach Fernando Santos lauded his guys for making history, but that won't stop the Greeks from setting the bar higher.
Then again, Santos is very much aware of the peril in store against Costa Ricans, an unheralded central American team that found success for their aggressive style of football.
"We have to pay a lot of attention in this game, they came out top in the 'Group of Death'," Greece coach Santos told a press conference via Sky Sports. As a result, we cannot allow ourselves to underestimate them."
Pinto will field the same 11-man unit that captured the crucial win over Italy in their second group match. All key players for Costa Rica have no major injuries, making the core intact for another run at history.
"Costa is expected to name the same XI that beat Italy in their penultimate Group D game, having made two changes to his starting line-up for the 0-0 draw with England last time out," via Sky Sports.
Greece, meanwhile, could miss midfielder Panagiotis Kone but might re-call captain Kostas Katsouranis, who sat out the match against Ivory Coast after being booked twice.
Costa Rica (Possible, 4-4-1-1): Navas; Gonzalez, Umana, Duarte, Gamboa; Bolanos, Diaz, Tejeda, Borges; Ruiz; Campbell.
Greece Projected Lineup (Possible, 4-3-3) - Karnezis; Torosidis, Sokratis, Manolas, Holebas; Maniatis, Katsouranis, Karagounis (C), Salpingidis; Samaras, Gekas.
Live Stream Information
ESPN Watch and Univision (Spanish Language) provides live streaming of Costa Rica vs. Greece Round-of-16 clash at 21:00 BST (2:00 a.m Syndey). Radio streaming is available on ESPN Radio while gamecast and latest stats are available on ESPN FC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Rhonda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans