Costa Rica vs. Greece Free Live Stream & Preview – FIFA World Cup Round of 16
By Lou Ramon Aguila | June 29, 2014 11:02 PM EST
Costa Rica and Greece, the underdogs of the World Cup, will face off in the knockout stages of the tournament for the first time in history on Sunday at 21:00 BST (6:00 a.m Sydney Time).
Costa Rica stunned the football world by topping a formidable group consists of three former World Cup champions: England, Italy and Uruguay. However, Head coach Jorge Luis Pinto and his guys are looking to prove their performance in the group stages isn't a fluke. A victory for Costa Rica will launch them to the quarterfinals for the first time ever.
Costa Rica's Giancarlo Gonzalez (R) reacts after being shown the yellow card from referee Djamel Haimoudi during the 2014 World Cup Group D soccer match against England at the Mineirao stadium in Belo Horizonte June 24, 2014.
Meanwhile, Greece made it to the knockout stages all thanks to a controversial penalty goal in the last minute of the do-or-die match with Ivory Coast. Greece head coach Fernando Santos lauded his guys for making history, but that won't stop the Greeks from setting the bar higher.
Then again, Santos is very much aware of the peril in store against Costa Ricans, an unheralded central American team that found success for their aggressive style of football.
"We have to pay a lot of attention in this game, they came out top in the 'Group of Death'," Greece coach Santos told a press conference via Sky Sports. As a result, we cannot allow ourselves to underestimate them."
Pinto will field the same 11-man unit that captured the crucial win over Italy in their second group match. All key players for Costa Rica have no major injuries, making the core intact for another run at history.
"Costa is expected to name the same XI that beat Italy in their penultimate Group D game, having made two changes to his starting line-up for the 0-0 draw with England last time out," via Sky Sports.
Greece, meanwhile, could miss midfielder Panagiotis Kone but might re-call captain Kostas Katsouranis, who sat out the match against Ivory Coast after being booked twice.
Costa Rica (Possible, 4-4-1-1): Navas; Gonzalez, Umana, Duarte, Gamboa; Bolanos, Diaz, Tejeda, Borges; Ruiz; Campbell.
Greece Projected Lineup (Possible, 4-3-3) - Karnezis; Torosidis, Sokratis, Manolas, Holebas; Maniatis, Katsouranis, Karagounis (C), Salpingidis; Samaras, Gekas.
Live Stream Information
ESPN Watch and Univision (Spanish Language) provides live streaming of Costa Rica vs. Greece Round-of-16 clash at 21:00 BST (2:00 a.m Syndey). Radio streaming is available on ESPN Radio while gamecast and latest stats are available on ESPN FC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Chelsea FC: Jose Mourinho Hits Back At Sergio Ramos For Questioning Costa And Fabregas Absence From NT, Says 'He is Not A Doctor'
- Liverpool FC: Brendan Rodgers Accedes That His Days As Reds Boss Could Be Numbered
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James