Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Confirmed Killer Exynos Performance to Blow Competition According to Benchmarks
By Precious Silva | June 29, 2014 7:53 PM EST
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 will reportedly hit market around September and recent benchmark results indicate that it will be one powerful and killer device.
A Samsung Galaxy Note II phone-cum-tablet is displayed during the first day of the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas January 8, 2013.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 will come in two chipsets: Snapdragon 805 and Exynos 5433. According to recent AnTuTu sightings, the Exynos 5433 will perform better than its most competitive rival. According to the AnTuTu benchmark test leaked online, the Snapdragon 805 and Exynos 5433 chips rank second to the NVIDIA Tegra K1 processor in terms of performance. However, there is a huge difference between the two chipsets.
According to the test results, Snapdragon 805 scored 35,645 points while the Exynos 5433 scored 40,303 under core processing power. Under the benchmark test, the higher the score means the grunter the chip is. The excellent performance of the Exynos is not just related to base power. According to another test result, the Exynos SoC also offers impressive graphic functions compared to the Snapdragon.
While Samsung will reportedly release two variants to feature both chipsets, not all regions will get access. The chipsets will be released according to region meaning the United States and United Kingdom may get the Snapdragon-based Galaxy Note 4 while international consumers will receive the Exynos-based Note 4.
Qualcomm already announced the Snapdragon 805 version last year in November. Consequently, Samsung used the processor to power its latest Samsung's Galaxy S5 LTE-A only available in South Korea. According to Forbes, the performance of the LTE-A variant blows out the original Samsung Galaxy S5 flagship thus providing consumers a sneak peak of the power of the Note 4. Information is limited about the eight-core Exynos processor. Nonetheless, benchmark test results of the Exynos suggest that it power up at least 1.3 GHz based on the 64-bit architecture.
Other reported specs of the Galaxy Note 4 include 5.7-inch screen, 2560 x 1440 resolution and 16MP primary camera. Both variants of the device will offer 32GB internal storage and 3GB RAM.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments