iPhone 6 Release Update to Feature Hybrid Display with Five More Patents Including Dual iPad Connector
By Precious Silva | June 29, 2014 5:49 PM EST
Apple's patent grant provides a good idea of what people can expect from the company's upcoming hardware cycles. According to several new patents sighted suggest that Apple may release an iPhone with hybrid display including 3D Apple TV remote and Logic Pro X.
Apple CEO Tim Cook departs the stage following his keynote address at the Worldwide Developers Conference in San Francisco, California.
According to Patently Apple, the tech giant has secured 52 new patents from the US Patent and Trademark Office. Looking at the patent grants, Apple may have secured several interesting technologies including a hybrid electronic paper and video display.
One of the patent grants for Apple describes the use of a system and method about display visual content through hybrid electronic paper and video displays. The technology has been dubbed "extremely smart" because the display can subdivide itself to several quadrants. These quadrants can change display settings or types intelligently based on the content viewed or ran by the user.
Apple previously filed the patent in Q1 2009. Credits for the invention include Andrew Hodge and Gloria Lin. It goes by the number 8,760,363.
3D Apple TV Remote
Apple has also gained a patent grant about the use of 3D Apple TV remote. The "wand" can be used to control the cursor on the screen depending on the orientation and position of the device. The technology can offer users of Apple TV to click and point on any location they want.
Apple discussed in the patent granting users the ability to control applications and plurality of operations accessible through the media system. These may include keyboard application, zoom operations, illustration application, image application and a media application. The remote's design utilizes a magnetic compass allowing users to control the cursor more accurately and precisely.
Dual iPad Connector
According to the design patent granted to Apple, the iPad can now integrate both types of connectors: landscape and portrait. The patent design goes by the number D707,675 and credits Steve Jobs as one of its designers.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]