Android 4.4.4 KitKat for LG G Pad 8.3, Sony Xperia Z1 Compact Out; Xperia Z1, Z Ultra Android 4.4.4 Certified
By Ryan Inoyori | June 28, 2014 10:53 AM EST
LG G Pad 8.3 GPE Android 4.4.4
Google Play Edition of the LG G Pad 8.3 tablet is now receiving an Android 4.4.4 KitKat update with build version KTU84P and can be downloaded via XDA developers. Currently, the firmware zip file requires manual installation and the recognized contributor and archivist-in-chief oldblue910 assures that it is the OTA version.
KTU84P firmware file for LG G Pad 8.3 GPE has a size of at least 150 MB which includes all the necessary bug fixing patches and other system related improvements. Since the device is still within the 18-month software support and classified as a Google Play device, users can expect Android L firmware update as well. Though, owners may need to wait till the firmware has been finalised within a few months.
If you have the technical knowledge to flash the firmware file, click here to download the zip file. Otherwise, wait for a few days till the Over the Air version arrives on your Android tablet. Make sure your LG G Pad 8.3 GPE is running KOT49H Android KitKat version or you may brick the device.
Android 4.4.4 for Sony Devices
It seems like Sony Mobile will be pushing Android 4.4.4 KitKat on selected Xperia devices before rolling out Android L. According to XperiaBlog, Sony Xperia Z1 Compact is now receiving the last version of Android KitKat OS with build number 14.4.A.0.108 which has been certified by PTCRB in June 26 2014.
Android 4.4.4 KitKat update for Xperia Z1 Compact is now rolling out in Indonesia, Italy and Russia that will soon be distributed to other territories. Users should begin checking the Update Centre app, Sony PC Companion on a Windows computer or SUS software and the Sony Bridge for MAC to know if the firmware is already available in the area.
In addition to Xperia Z1 Compact, Sony Mobile is also planning to push Android 4.4.4 KitKat to Xperia Z1 and Xperia Z Ultra smartphones based on the same Android 4.4.4 KitKat 14.4.A.0.108 firmware build certified by PTCRB in June 26 2014 which will be pushed out anytime soon.
There is no Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware update yet available for Xperia Z2, Xperia Z2 Tablet, Xperia Z models. Users may expect firmware certification from PTCRB for these devices as well.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Updates; PokeNav And Pokemon Halloween Detailed
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage