Android 4.4.4 KitKat for LG G Pad 8.3, Sony Xperia Z1 Compact Out; Xperia Z1, Z Ultra Android 4.4.4 Certified
By Ryan Inoyori | June 28, 2014 10:53 AM EST
LG G Pad 8.3 GPE Android 4.4.4
Google Play Edition of the LG G Pad 8.3 tablet is now receiving an Android 4.4.4 KitKat update with build version KTU84P and can be downloaded via XDA developers. Currently, the firmware zip file requires manual installation and the recognized contributor and archivist-in-chief oldblue910 assures that it is the OTA version.
KTU84P firmware file for LG G Pad 8.3 GPE has a size of at least 150 MB which includes all the necessary bug fixing patches and other system related improvements. Since the device is still within the 18-month software support and classified as a Google Play device, users can expect Android L firmware update as well. Though, owners may need to wait till the firmware has been finalised within a few months.
If you have the technical knowledge to flash the firmware file, click here to download the zip file. Otherwise, wait for a few days till the Over the Air version arrives on your Android tablet. Make sure your LG G Pad 8.3 GPE is running KOT49H Android KitKat version or you may brick the device.
Android 4.4.4 for Sony Devices
It seems like Sony Mobile will be pushing Android 4.4.4 KitKat on selected Xperia devices before rolling out Android L. According to XperiaBlog, Sony Xperia Z1 Compact is now receiving the last version of Android KitKat OS with build number 14.4.A.0.108 which has been certified by PTCRB in June 26 2014.
Android 4.4.4 KitKat update for Xperia Z1 Compact is now rolling out in Indonesia, Italy and Russia that will soon be distributed to other territories. Users should begin checking the Update Centre app, Sony PC Companion on a Windows computer or SUS software and the Sony Bridge for MAC to know if the firmware is already available in the area.
In addition to Xperia Z1 Compact, Sony Mobile is also planning to push Android 4.4.4 KitKat to Xperia Z1 and Xperia Z Ultra smartphones based on the same Android 4.4.4 KitKat 14.4.A.0.108 firmware build certified by PTCRB in June 26 2014 which will be pushed out anytime soon.
There is no Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware update yet available for Xperia Z2, Xperia Z2 Tablet, Xperia Z models. Users may expect firmware certification from PTCRB for these devices as well.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge: Top Reasons To Upgrade From Galaxy Note 3 Or Galaxy Note 2
- Android 5.0 L November And December Rollout: Android One, Nexus, Google Play, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- iOS 8 Bugs: Minor, Moderate And Serious Issues Why Users Should Not Upgrade Immediately
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Updates: Meet The Leaders of Team Magma and Aqua, Trainer and His Mega Gallade
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1