Android 4.4.4 KitKat for LG G Pad 8.3, Sony Xperia Z1 Compact Out; Xperia Z1, Z Ultra Android 4.4.4 Certified
By Ryan Inoyori | June 28, 2014 10:53 AM EST
LG G Pad 8.3 GPE Android 4.4.4
Google Play Edition of the LG G Pad 8.3 tablet is now receiving an Android 4.4.4 KitKat update with build version KTU84P and can be downloaded via XDA developers. Currently, the firmware zip file requires manual installation and the recognized contributor and archivist-in-chief oldblue910 assures that it is the OTA version.
KTU84P firmware file for LG G Pad 8.3 GPE has a size of at least 150 MB which includes all the necessary bug fixing patches and other system related improvements. Since the device is still within the 18-month software support and classified as a Google Play device, users can expect Android L firmware update as well. Though, owners may need to wait till the firmware has been finalised within a few months.
If you have the technical knowledge to flash the firmware file, click here to download the zip file. Otherwise, wait for a few days till the Over the Air version arrives on your Android tablet. Make sure your LG G Pad 8.3 GPE is running KOT49H Android KitKat version or you may brick the device.
Android 4.4.4 for Sony Devices
It seems like Sony Mobile will be pushing Android 4.4.4 KitKat on selected Xperia devices before rolling out Android L. According to XperiaBlog, Sony Xperia Z1 Compact is now receiving the last version of Android KitKat OS with build number 14.4.A.0.108 which has been certified by PTCRB in June 26 2014.
Android 4.4.4 KitKat update for Xperia Z1 Compact is now rolling out in Indonesia, Italy and Russia that will soon be distributed to other territories. Users should begin checking the Update Centre app, Sony PC Companion on a Windows computer or SUS software and the Sony Bridge for MAC to know if the firmware is already available in the area.
In addition to Xperia Z1 Compact, Sony Mobile is also planning to push Android 4.4.4 KitKat to Xperia Z1 and Xperia Z Ultra smartphones based on the same Android 4.4.4 KitKat 14.4.A.0.108 firmware build certified by PTCRB in June 26 2014 which will be pushed out anytime soon.
There is no Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware update yet available for Xperia Z2, Xperia Z2 Tablet, Xperia Z models. Users may expect firmware certification from PTCRB for these devices as well.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Dragon Age 3 Inquisition Romance: Cassandra Pentaghast, Dorian, Cullen, Sera, Iron Bull and Josephine Montilyet
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Games: The Last of Us Remastered Photo Mode Leaked Shots; Halo: Master Chief Collection Detailed
- The SIMS 4 Official System Requirements Reveal Low Spec Demands; Release Date on September 2
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUFNF4 Firmware Manual Installation
- Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes Release Date, Features Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy Play Set
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]
- Sony Xperia Z3 Specs Leaked with More Killer Features Ahead of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6