Android 4.4.4 KitKat for LG G Pad 8.3, Sony Xperia Z1 Compact Out; Xperia Z1, Z Ultra Android 4.4.4 Certified
By Ryan Inoyori | June 28, 2014 10:53 AM EST
LG G Pad 8.3 GPE Android 4.4.4
Google Play Edition of the LG G Pad 8.3 tablet is now receiving an Android 4.4.4 KitKat update with build version KTU84P and can be downloaded via XDA developers. Currently, the firmware zip file requires manual installation and the recognized contributor and archivist-in-chief oldblue910 assures that it is the OTA version.
KTU84P firmware file for LG G Pad 8.3 GPE has a size of at least 150 MB which includes all the necessary bug fixing patches and other system related improvements. Since the device is still within the 18-month software support and classified as a Google Play device, users can expect Android L firmware update as well. Though, owners may need to wait till the firmware has been finalised within a few months.
If you have the technical knowledge to flash the firmware file, click here to download the zip file. Otherwise, wait for a few days till the Over the Air version arrives on your Android tablet. Make sure your LG G Pad 8.3 GPE is running KOT49H Android KitKat version or you may brick the device.
Android 4.4.4 for Sony Devices
It seems like Sony Mobile will be pushing Android 4.4.4 KitKat on selected Xperia devices before rolling out Android L. According to XperiaBlog, Sony Xperia Z1 Compact is now receiving the last version of Android KitKat OS with build number 14.4.A.0.108 which has been certified by PTCRB in June 26 2014.
Android 4.4.4 KitKat update for Xperia Z1 Compact is now rolling out in Indonesia, Italy and Russia that will soon be distributed to other territories. Users should begin checking the Update Centre app, Sony PC Companion on a Windows computer or SUS software and the Sony Bridge for MAC to know if the firmware is already available in the area.
In addition to Xperia Z1 Compact, Sony Mobile is also planning to push Android 4.4.4 KitKat to Xperia Z1 and Xperia Z Ultra smartphones based on the same Android 4.4.4 KitKat 14.4.A.0.108 firmware build certified by PTCRB in June 26 2014 which will be pushed out anytime soon.
There is no Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware update yet available for Xperia Z2, Xperia Z2 Tablet, Xperia Z models. Users may expect firmware certification from PTCRB for these devices as well.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- PS4 v. Xbox One: More Details For Firmware 2.0 Update, Xbox Screenshot Feature And Paid Xbox Music Emerge
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS