Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed on September 19 to Offer Limited 128GB 5.5-inch, 4.7-inch at $850
By Precious Silva | June 28, 2014 3:01 AM EST
New details about Apple's upcoming iPhone 6 suggest that the tech giant will be preparing a 128GB version of its 5.5-inch flagship. The 128GB option will be limited to the iPhone 6 phablet in an effort to differentiate the variant from previous offerings of the company. The 5.5-inch version marks Apple's entry into the big-screen sector explored dutifully by competitors like Samsung, Sony and Google.
A woman tries the silver colored version of the new iPhone 5S after Apple Inc's media event in Cupertino, California September 10, 2013.
According to a report by Apple Insider, supply chain sources from China reveals that the company will be releasing a 128GB version of the iPhone 6. However, it will only be limited to the 5.5-inch version while the iPhone 6 4.7-inch variant will have a 64GB maximum capacity.
As with other reports, despite supply chain sources and predictions from analysts, consumers are advised to take all leaks and evaluations with a grain of salt. Nonetheless, according to Chinese Internet firm Tencent, the company will likely release the device around September 19. Previously, it was also reported in May that German wireless provider Deutsche Telekom has started notifying consumers about the release of the device around the same time.
According to the report from Tencent, the upcoming flagship from Apple will be available in 32GB and 64GB variants priced at $850 and $1000 each. There were no details about the 16GB model. Some analysts think that the company plans on scrapping the 16GB option entirely.
KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo said that Apple may be pushing efforts to make the iPhone 6 standout especially the 5.5-inch variant. According to the analysts, Apple wants consumers to differentiate the product from its previous or smaller-screened relatives. Kuo also reportedly hinted that the larger iPhone wil sport a rear-facing camera module featuring optical image stabilization. The 4.7-inch will ship without the module.
Apple Insider also noted that Apple may be planning on promoting the iCloud pricing plans more by offering the 5GB storage free. The 10GB costs around $20 annually while the $20 costs $40 annually. Other reported features of the iPhone 6 include A8 processor and thinner builds.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft