Luke Grimes: True Blood Actor Quits TV Show over Gay Storyline - Report
By Jenalyn Villamarin | June 27, 2014 9:51 PM EST
The latest reports surrounding the "True Blood" Season 7 casting reveal the reason why actor Luke Grimes left the HBO TV series. An unnamed source close to the TV show has confirmed that the 30-year-old actor suddenly decided to leave the show because he is not comfortable with the gay storyline in the new season.
In the BuzzFeed report, the anonymous insider shared that Luke Grimes was willing to portray Jessica's (Deborah Ann Woll) vampire boyfriend James with Lafayette (Nelsan Ellis) attracted to him but the attraction was not mutual. However, the storyline in "True Blood" Season 7 clearly indicates the budding romance between the two characters.
The report further noted down that Luke Grimes objected to do any same-sex kissing or sex scenes. The writers had no plans of changing the script and it attributed to the actor's decision to give up the role.
TVLine initially reported about Luke Grimes' unexpected exit from the show. HBO revealed at that time through a spokesperson that the actor's decision to leave was due to creative direction of the character and the role needs to be recast.
The anonymous source claimed that Luke Grimes initially joined the cast because he wanted to work with actress Deborah Ann Woll. "But when he started reading the scripts for Season 7, he was disappointed to learn that they were going in a completely different direction with James," the source stated in the TVLine report.
In Season 7, Australian actor and "The Originals" star Nathan Parsons has replaced Luke Grimes for the role of James Kent. Craig Schneider, actor Luke Grimes' publicist, explained to BuzzFeed that Grimes left the TV series because of scheduling and desire to pursue movie opportunities.
The actor has been cast in "American Sniper" and the much anticipated erotic film "Fifty Shades of Grey" where he will portray Elliot, the brother of Christian Grey. Grimes publicist Craig Schneider recently told BuzzFeed via phone that "It had nothing to do with storylines, which he had not been privy to at the time of that posting," the actor's publicist stated to BuzzFeed through a phone call in response to the TVLine report last December 2013.
More Articles to Read:
Teen Wolf Season 4 Spoilers: Scott Wants to Stop Kate's Evil Plan Involving Derek, Watch Promo Video for Episode 2 Titled 117 - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air