Luke Grimes: True Blood Actor Quits TV Show over Gay Storyline - Report
By Jenalyn Villamarin | June 27, 2014 9:51 PM EST
The latest reports surrounding the "True Blood" Season 7 casting reveal the reason why actor Luke Grimes left the HBO TV series. An unnamed source close to the TV show has confirmed that the 30-year-old actor suddenly decided to leave the show because he is not comfortable with the gay storyline in the new season.
In the BuzzFeed report, the anonymous insider shared that Luke Grimes was willing to portray Jessica's (Deborah Ann Woll) vampire boyfriend James with Lafayette (Nelsan Ellis) attracted to him but the attraction was not mutual. However, the storyline in "True Blood" Season 7 clearly indicates the budding romance between the two characters.
The report further noted down that Luke Grimes objected to do any same-sex kissing or sex scenes. The writers had no plans of changing the script and it attributed to the actor's decision to give up the role.
TVLine initially reported about Luke Grimes' unexpected exit from the show. HBO revealed at that time through a spokesperson that the actor's decision to leave was due to creative direction of the character and the role needs to be recast.
The anonymous source claimed that Luke Grimes initially joined the cast because he wanted to work with actress Deborah Ann Woll. "But when he started reading the scripts for Season 7, he was disappointed to learn that they were going in a completely different direction with James," the source stated in the TVLine report.
In Season 7, Australian actor and "The Originals" star Nathan Parsons has replaced Luke Grimes for the role of James Kent. Craig Schneider, actor Luke Grimes' publicist, explained to BuzzFeed that Grimes left the TV series because of scheduling and desire to pursue movie opportunities.
The actor has been cast in "American Sniper" and the much anticipated erotic film "Fifty Shades of Grey" where he will portray Elliot, the brother of Christian Grey. Grimes publicist Craig Schneider recently told BuzzFeed via phone that "It had nothing to do with storylines, which he had not been privy to at the time of that posting," the actor's publicist stated to BuzzFeed through a phone call in response to the TVLine report last December 2013.
More Articles to Read:
Teen Wolf Season 4 Spoilers: Scott Wants to Stop Kate's Evil Plan Involving Derek, Watch Promo Video for Episode 2 Titled 117 - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS