Ansel Elgort: The Fault in Our Stars Actor Compares Himself to Character Augustus Waters in GQ Interview
By Jenalyn Villamarin | June 27, 2014 6:49 PM EST
"The Fault in Our Stars" actor Ansel Elgort talked about his film character, Augustus Waters, in the GQ magazine interview. The 20-year-old star revealed that he was intimidated with Augustus' awesomeness and even made harsh a harsh comparison of himself to the character.
Actress Shailene Woodley and actor Ansel Elgort arrive at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014.
The Originals Season 2 Spoilers: Actor Joseph Morgan Announces Premiere Date on Twitter, Favorite Vampire Family Moving to Monday Schedule
Pippa Middleton Agrees to Do First TV Interview on Today with Matt Lauer, Talks about Life in the Spotlight as the Duchess of Cambridge's Younger Sister
"I thought about how much cooler and, like, better a person Augustus is than Ansel. He's this perfect guy. And I was like, Ansel kind of sucks," Elgort stated in the MTV report. When further asked about how he did the emotional and heartbreaking scenes in the film, Ansel Elgort admitted that the tricked his mind into believing that Augustus was helpless and does not have value in life anymore.
"It's really good therapy," the actor confessed. In the June issue of the GQ Magazine, Ansel Elgort was photographed modeling old-school outfits with a new-school twist. Click HERE to see photos.
Meanwhile, the E!Online report revealed the romantic relationship of the TFIOS star as he made a rare public appearance with girlfriend Violetta Komyshan. The couple was spotted on Wednesday, June 25, at the Paris Fashion Week.
The cute couple left the fashion show arm-in-arm where Ansel Elgort looked dapper in his blue suit. Click HERE to see photo. According to the entertainment Web site, the actor has attended the red carpet events of "Divergent" and "The Fault in Our Stars" in the past with his girlfriend but this is the first time that the two posed in public and allowed the photographers to take their pictures to be taken.
After his stay in the City of Lights, Ansel Elgort will soon be back on the filming set to work on his upcoming movie projects. The young actor will be seen in the second installment of the "Divergent" franchise titled "Insurgent" with TFIOS co-star Shailene Woodley.
Once the "Insurgent" production wraps up, Ansel Elgort will be taking on the role of American pianist Harvey Lavan Cliburn Jr in the biopic film titled "Van Cliburn." The actor, who graduated at the LaGuardia High School of the Performing Arts, is expected to pull off the role with his ability to play the piano.
More Articles to Read:
Ansel Elgort: The Fault in Our Stars Actor to Portray Pianist Van Cliburn in New Movie Project - [READ]
Couple News: Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield Use Paparazzi Again to Raise Awareness on Charities - [READ]
Sebastian Roché: 'The Originals' and 'The Vampire Diaries' Actor Marries Actress Alicia Hannah Kim in France - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate