Kris Jenner's Talk Show Got Axed: Fox Says 'She Was Boring,' Regrets Decision to Capitalize on Her Name
By Annie Dee | June 27, 2014 6:16 PM EST
Kris Jenner's own talk show has gotten axed early this year due to low ratings, even though her family's reality show, "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" has been doing well very well then. One Fox executive cited the reason for this saying Kris Jenner was apparently "too boring."
TV personality Kris Jenner (R) talks with reporters as she arrives for a party thrown by Google and the Hollywood Reporter, on the eve of the annual White House Correspondents' Association Dinner, at the W Hotel in Washington, April 27, 2012.
According to Radar Online, "Frank Cicha, senior VP and president of programming for the Fox Television Stations, could tell that before the show had ended its test trial, nothing would come of it because host Kris Jenner was a snooze fest!"
Cicha also shared not only was the momnager a total bore during the run of her own show, she was also not very good when she's in front of the camera. He claimed for someone with a reality show already running for several seasons, this was quite unexpected. He noted Fox was simply wrong for trying to capitalize on her name.
"That was one where [sister company] 20th Television tried to capitalize on a name," Cicha said.
"When the camera was on she looked not just like a deer in the headlights, but like a deer that already got hit."
Radar Online reported Cicha noted the show has tanked so badly in the ratings. Not only that, the network was also receiving a lot of hate mails against Kris because of that stint. The only time that the show's ratings were not bombing was when Kanye West appeared bringing with photos of baby North.
Only six weeks and the Fox executive already formed some pretty harsh opinions of Kris, Radar Online reported. But Jenner's fans should not fret. The possibility of the show returning or at least Kris Jenner on another show is not yet zero.
Early this year, Hollywood Life reported the show may come back in 2015. According to Hollywood Life, Fox Entertainment had announced, "Kris will not be on the schedule for the 2014 syndication season. However, the possibility for the talk show, or an additional project for Kris Jenner, for the 2015 season is being discussed and highly considered."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’