Kris Jenner's Talk Show Got Axed: Fox Says 'She Was Boring,' Regrets Decision to Capitalize on Her Name
By Annie Dee | June 27, 2014 6:16 PM EST
Kris Jenner's own talk show has gotten axed early this year due to low ratings, even though her family's reality show, "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" has been doing well very well then. One Fox executive cited the reason for this saying Kris Jenner was apparently "too boring."
TV personality Kris Jenner (R) talks with reporters as she arrives for a party thrown by Google and the Hollywood Reporter, on the eve of the annual White House Correspondents' Association Dinner, at the W Hotel in Washington, April 27, 2012.
According to Radar Online, "Frank Cicha, senior VP and president of programming for the Fox Television Stations, could tell that before the show had ended its test trial, nothing would come of it because host Kris Jenner was a snooze fest!"
Cicha also shared not only was the momnager a total bore during the run of her own show, she was also not very good when she's in front of the camera. He claimed for someone with a reality show already running for several seasons, this was quite unexpected. He noted Fox was simply wrong for trying to capitalize on her name.
"That was one where [sister company] 20th Television tried to capitalize on a name," Cicha said.
"When the camera was on she looked not just like a deer in the headlights, but like a deer that already got hit."
Radar Online reported Cicha noted the show has tanked so badly in the ratings. Not only that, the network was also receiving a lot of hate mails against Kris because of that stint. The only time that the show's ratings were not bombing was when Kanye West appeared bringing with photos of baby North.
Only six weeks and the Fox executive already formed some pretty harsh opinions of Kris, Radar Online reported. But Jenner's fans should not fret. The possibility of the show returning or at least Kris Jenner on another show is not yet zero.
Early this year, Hollywood Life reported the show may come back in 2015. According to Hollywood Life, Fox Entertainment had announced, "Kris will not be on the schedule for the 2014 syndication season. However, the possibility for the talk show, or an additional project for Kris Jenner, for the 2015 season is being discussed and highly considered."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales