Kris Jenner's Talk Show Got Axed: Fox Says 'She Was Boring,' Regrets Decision to Capitalize on Her Name
By Annie Dee | June 27, 2014 6:16 PM EST
Kris Jenner's own talk show has gotten axed early this year due to low ratings, even though her family's reality show, "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" has been doing well very well then. One Fox executive cited the reason for this saying Kris Jenner was apparently "too boring."
TV personality Kris Jenner (R) talks with reporters as she arrives for a party thrown by Google and the Hollywood Reporter, on the eve of the annual White House Correspondents' Association Dinner, at the W Hotel in Washington, April 27, 2012.
According to Radar Online, "Frank Cicha, senior VP and president of programming for the Fox Television Stations, could tell that before the show had ended its test trial, nothing would come of it because host Kris Jenner was a snooze fest!"
Cicha also shared not only was the momnager a total bore during the run of her own show, she was also not very good when she's in front of the camera. He claimed for someone with a reality show already running for several seasons, this was quite unexpected. He noted Fox was simply wrong for trying to capitalize on her name.
"That was one where [sister company] 20th Television tried to capitalize on a name," Cicha said.
"When the camera was on she looked not just like a deer in the headlights, but like a deer that already got hit."
Radar Online reported Cicha noted the show has tanked so badly in the ratings. Not only that, the network was also receiving a lot of hate mails against Kris because of that stint. The only time that the show's ratings were not bombing was when Kanye West appeared bringing with photos of baby North.
Only six weeks and the Fox executive already formed some pretty harsh opinions of Kris, Radar Online reported. But Jenner's fans should not fret. The possibility of the show returning or at least Kris Jenner on another show is not yet zero.
Early this year, Hollywood Life reported the show may come back in 2015. According to Hollywood Life, Fox Entertainment had announced, "Kris will not be on the schedule for the 2014 syndication season. However, the possibility for the talk show, or an additional project for Kris Jenner, for the 2015 season is being discussed and highly considered."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build