Kris Jenner's Talk Show Got Axed: Fox Says 'She Was Boring,' Regrets Decision to Capitalize on Her Name
By Annie Dee | June 27, 2014 6:16 PM EST
Kris Jenner's own talk show has gotten axed early this year due to low ratings, even though her family's reality show, "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" has been doing well very well then. One Fox executive cited the reason for this saying Kris Jenner was apparently "too boring."
TV personality Kris Jenner (R) talks with reporters as she arrives for a party thrown by Google and the Hollywood Reporter, on the eve of the annual White House Correspondents' Association Dinner, at the W Hotel in Washington, April 27, 2012.
According to Radar Online, "Frank Cicha, senior VP and president of programming for the Fox Television Stations, could tell that before the show had ended its test trial, nothing would come of it because host Kris Jenner was a snooze fest!"
Cicha also shared not only was the momnager a total bore during the run of her own show, she was also not very good when she's in front of the camera. He claimed for someone with a reality show already running for several seasons, this was quite unexpected. He noted Fox was simply wrong for trying to capitalize on her name.
"That was one where [sister company] 20th Television tried to capitalize on a name," Cicha said.
"When the camera was on she looked not just like a deer in the headlights, but like a deer that already got hit."
Radar Online reported Cicha noted the show has tanked so badly in the ratings. Not only that, the network was also receiving a lot of hate mails against Kris because of that stint. The only time that the show's ratings were not bombing was when Kanye West appeared bringing with photos of baby North.
Only six weeks and the Fox executive already formed some pretty harsh opinions of Kris, Radar Online reported. But Jenner's fans should not fret. The possibility of the show returning or at least Kris Jenner on another show is not yet zero.
Early this year, Hollywood Life reported the show may come back in 2015. According to Hollywood Life, Fox Entertainment had announced, "Kris will not be on the schedule for the 2014 syndication season. However, the possibility for the talk show, or an additional project for Kris Jenner, for the 2015 season is being discussed and highly considered."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage