Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Romance: Vampire Diaries Stars Not Breaking Up Because of Nina's Mother
By nidhi tewari | June 27, 2014 5:56 PM EST
The "Vampire Diaries" star Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev might be leading separate lives after breaking up if Nina's mother Michaela Constantine had not intervened between the two, new reports are suggesting. Ian and Nina remain separated for quite some time after their break-up but the two are back in touch with each other because of Nina's mother who is supporting Ian's Congress Testimony.
Nina Dobrev and Ian Somerhalder accept the award for favorite on-screen chemistry for their show "The Vampire Diaries" at the 2014 People's Choice Awards in Los Angeles, California January 8, 2014.
Michaela is a big fan of Ian and right now even more than her daughter Nina, Hollywoodlife.com is reporting. Michaela is tweeting in support of Ian's congressional appearance on June 24 to promote animal and environmental rights. "Ian will be testifying in front of Congress at 2 p.m. EST. He'll tweet the streaming info, as soon as he gets it, so stay tuned," Michaela wrote on her Twitter timeline.
According to Celeb Dirty Laundry, Nina's mother read about her infidelity in the news and did not like the fact that her daughter was sleeping around with various people. "The best way to stop Nina from sleeping around was to get her back with Ian. And Nina's reportedly very close to her parents, and probably didn't want her mother to be disappointed," the Web site reported.
However, the Web site also reports that Nina and Ian were actually missing each other and were planning to get back together anyhow. "Nina and Ian were well on their way to getting back together, with or without any external help. They were reportedly back to hooking up a few months ago, and they'd allegedly discussed the idea of getting back together for good," the Web site reported quoting a source.
However, since Nina and Ian are not working together on the "Vampire Diaries," the two are finding it difficult to stay in touch. Nina has another one year contract on the show while Ian's character has been killed in the show.
Now that the two have rekindled their romance, the Web site is speculating on ways and means the two will stay in touch once the shoot is over. "But what's he going to do - buy an apartment and stay in Atlanta full-time next year while Nina's filming? I'm sure he won't put his own life and career on the back burner while waiting for Nina, so they were probably figuring out the logistics of reuniting on a permanent basis," the source added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools