Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Romance: Vampire Diaries Stars Not Breaking Up Because of Nina's Mother
By nidhi tewari | June 27, 2014 5:56 PM EST
The "Vampire Diaries" star Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev might be leading separate lives after breaking up if Nina's mother Michaela Constantine had not intervened between the two, new reports are suggesting. Ian and Nina remain separated for quite some time after their break-up but the two are back in touch with each other because of Nina's mother who is supporting Ian's Congress Testimony.
Nina Dobrev and Ian Somerhalder accept the award for favorite on-screen chemistry for their show "The Vampire Diaries" at the 2014 People's Choice Awards in Los Angeles, California January 8, 2014.
Michaela is a big fan of Ian and right now even more than her daughter Nina, Hollywoodlife.com is reporting. Michaela is tweeting in support of Ian's congressional appearance on June 24 to promote animal and environmental rights. "Ian will be testifying in front of Congress at 2 p.m. EST. He'll tweet the streaming info, as soon as he gets it, so stay tuned," Michaela wrote on her Twitter timeline.
According to Celeb Dirty Laundry, Nina's mother read about her infidelity in the news and did not like the fact that her daughter was sleeping around with various people. "The best way to stop Nina from sleeping around was to get her back with Ian. And Nina's reportedly very close to her parents, and probably didn't want her mother to be disappointed," the Web site reported.
However, the Web site also reports that Nina and Ian were actually missing each other and were planning to get back together anyhow. "Nina and Ian were well on their way to getting back together, with or without any external help. They were reportedly back to hooking up a few months ago, and they'd allegedly discussed the idea of getting back together for good," the Web site reported quoting a source.
However, since Nina and Ian are not working together on the "Vampire Diaries," the two are finding it difficult to stay in touch. Nina has another one year contract on the show while Ian's character has been killed in the show.
Now that the two have rekindled their romance, the Web site is speculating on ways and means the two will stay in touch once the shoot is over. "But what's he going to do - buy an apartment and stay in Atlanta full-time next year while Nina's filming? I'm sure he won't put his own life and career on the back burner while waiting for Nina, so they were probably figuring out the logistics of reuniting on a permanent basis," the source added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report