Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Romance: Vampire Diaries Stars Not Breaking Up Because of Nina's Mother
By nidhi tewari | June 27, 2014 5:56 PM EST
The "Vampire Diaries" star Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev might be leading separate lives after breaking up if Nina's mother Michaela Constantine had not intervened between the two, new reports are suggesting. Ian and Nina remain separated for quite some time after their break-up but the two are back in touch with each other because of Nina's mother who is supporting Ian's Congress Testimony.
Nina Dobrev and Ian Somerhalder accept the award for favorite on-screen chemistry for their show "The Vampire Diaries" at the 2014 People's Choice Awards in Los Angeles, California January 8, 2014.
Michaela is a big fan of Ian and right now even more than her daughter Nina, Hollywoodlife.com is reporting. Michaela is tweeting in support of Ian's congressional appearance on June 24 to promote animal and environmental rights. "Ian will be testifying in front of Congress at 2 p.m. EST. He'll tweet the streaming info, as soon as he gets it, so stay tuned," Michaela wrote on her Twitter timeline.
According to Celeb Dirty Laundry, Nina's mother read about her infidelity in the news and did not like the fact that her daughter was sleeping around with various people. "The best way to stop Nina from sleeping around was to get her back with Ian. And Nina's reportedly very close to her parents, and probably didn't want her mother to be disappointed," the Web site reported.
However, the Web site also reports that Nina and Ian were actually missing each other and were planning to get back together anyhow. "Nina and Ian were well on their way to getting back together, with or without any external help. They were reportedly back to hooking up a few months ago, and they'd allegedly discussed the idea of getting back together for good," the Web site reported quoting a source.
However, since Nina and Ian are not working together on the "Vampire Diaries," the two are finding it difficult to stay in touch. Nina has another one year contract on the show while Ian's character has been killed in the show.
Now that the two have rekindled their romance, the Web site is speculating on ways and means the two will stay in touch once the shoot is over. "But what's he going to do - buy an apartment and stay in Atlanta full-time next year while Nina's filming? I'm sure he won't put his own life and career on the back burner while waiting for Nina, so they were probably figuring out the logistics of reuniting on a permanent basis," the source added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles