Viral Video Michael Jackson Death Anniversary: Turkish Folk Musicians Honor King of Pop's 5th Death Anniversary
By Jenalyn Villamarin | June 27, 2014 4:04 PM EST
Amateur Turkish folk musicians decided to honor the fifth death anniversary of music legend Michael Jackson with their cover on one of the King of Pop's hit single "They Don't Care About Us." The musician's version became a viral video on the Turkish social media.
According to the Hurriyet Daily News report, the video clip showed the musicians from the western Black Sea port of Ereğli performing the Michael Jackson hit with the traditional bağlamas, darbukas and violins in hand with a little choreography. Click HERE to watch the video.
It also took a month for the musicians to prepare and film their performance to commemorate the late Michael Jackson. The report further noted that Ereğli made headlines when former Mayor Halil Posbıyık told the Turkish media about Michael Jackson making a guest appearance at the town's annual music festival.
"We met Michael Jackson accompanying an important agency from Turkey in 2008. He said, 'Dear Halil, my whole program for 2009 is full. But I might think about coming to Ereğli in 2010. Can you prepare the infrastructure?'" the former Mayor shared. Posbıyık further added that the King of Pop stated about not wanting to go to the other side incomplete.
"That is why I will come to Ereğli. May God rest his soul, but the important thing is that he died without seeing Ereğli. He died incomplete, this is why we are sad," the former Mayor explained. The Today Entertainment report pointed out that even though Michael Jackson died on June 25, 2009, his music still lives on.
Several viral videos featured the hit Michael Jackson songs such as "Billie Jean" and "Thriller." For instance, the Ohio State University marching band showed the signature moonwalk dance move of Michael Jackson across the 50-yard line during their tribute to the late musician.
As for the single "Billie Jean," the song was recently featured in the Denmark's Bottle Boys video where the group performed the song on beer bottles while the other viral video is at a high school talent show. Junior student Brett Nichols impressed the audience during the 2014 Talent Rally event at Pitman High in Turlock, California where he pulled off Michael Jackson's dance moves including the famous moonwalk.
More Articles to Read:
Viral Video Men Dancing in Heels: Yanis Marshall Shows off Impressive Dance Moves in High Heels Again to Beyonce Songs [WATCH VIDEO] - [READ]
Frozen's Queen Elsa Lookalike Anna Faith Carlson Becomes Viral, Teenager Wishes to Land the Role in 'Once Upon a Time' - [READ]
Viral Video: Three UK Teenagers Drive In a Race Track in the Middle of a Live Race [WATCH VIDEOS] - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide