Lorde on Taylor Swift: She’s an ‘Incredible Role Model’
By Anne Lu | June 27, 2014 3:22 PM EST
Lorde thinks Taylor Swift is an “incredible role model.” The Kiwi Grammy winner has praised her BFF for being an admirable character.
“I think there are artists who are really incredible role models and that’s something I admire. I feel like Taylor is a really good role model and I think that the girls who listen to her music are so devoted to her, and I think what she’s saying is pretty cool. It’s empowering,” she reportedly said in an interview, as quoted by various publications.
U.S. singer Taylor Swift performs during her RED Tour in Shanghai, May 30, 2014. REUTERS/Stringer
“If we have the same work problems, we know each other’s lives better. It’s always good befriending people who do a similar thing.”
There was a time when Lorde’s alleged diss on Taylor made the headlines, prompting Taylor’s fans to attack the younger singer.
The “Royals” hitmaker made the mistake of calling the 24-year-old songstress “perfect and unattainable,” which some people thought was an insult in disguise of a praise.
Lorde has since regretted naming Taylor in her comment, explaining that it wasn’t meant to offend Taylor.
And as Taylor had said, there was no offence taken. Lorde had said in a previous interview that Taylor understood that it was “not a bad thing.”
Taylor isn’t the only Grammy winner Lorde admires. The “Royals” hitmaker also declared her love for Rihanna.
In a recent interview with Evening Standard, Lorde called the 26-year-old Barbadian singer “magnetic.”
“You can’t not look at Rihanna. I would buy anything Rihanna sold me. The way Rihanna embodies being a sexual woman... She’s so fearless and confident, I just love her.”
Although there are people who think Lorde is a bit judgmental on her contemporaries, the New Zealand native is actually more accepting of others’ choices. She advised parents not to be too strict on how their children dress.
“People should stop worrying about their daughters. I don’t see a female without clothing as a terrible influence. There are worse things. Shooting people. Glorifying violence.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier