Lorde on Taylor Swift: She’s an ‘Incredible Role Model’
By Anne Lu | June 27, 2014 3:22 PM EST
Lorde thinks Taylor Swift is an “incredible role model.” The Kiwi Grammy winner has praised her BFF for being an admirable character.
“I think there are artists who are really incredible role models and that’s something I admire. I feel like Taylor is a really good role model and I think that the girls who listen to her music are so devoted to her, and I think what she’s saying is pretty cool. It’s empowering,” she reportedly said in an interview, as quoted by various publications.
U.S. singer Taylor Swift performs during her RED Tour in Shanghai, May 30, 2014. REUTERS/Stringer
“If we have the same work problems, we know each other’s lives better. It’s always good befriending people who do a similar thing.”
There was a time when Lorde’s alleged diss on Taylor made the headlines, prompting Taylor’s fans to attack the younger singer.
The “Royals” hitmaker made the mistake of calling the 24-year-old songstress “perfect and unattainable,” which some people thought was an insult in disguise of a praise.
Lorde has since regretted naming Taylor in her comment, explaining that it wasn’t meant to offend Taylor.
And as Taylor had said, there was no offence taken. Lorde had said in a previous interview that Taylor understood that it was “not a bad thing.”
Taylor isn’t the only Grammy winner Lorde admires. The “Royals” hitmaker also declared her love for Rihanna.
In a recent interview with Evening Standard, Lorde called the 26-year-old Barbadian singer “magnetic.”
“You can’t not look at Rihanna. I would buy anything Rihanna sold me. The way Rihanna embodies being a sexual woman... She’s so fearless and confident, I just love her.”
Although there are people who think Lorde is a bit judgmental on her contemporaries, the New Zealand native is actually more accepting of others’ choices. She advised parents not to be too strict on how their children dress.
“People should stop worrying about their daughters. I don’t see a female without clothing as a terrible influence. There are worse things. Shooting people. Glorifying violence.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build