Lorde on Taylor Swift: She’s an ‘Incredible Role Model’
By Anne Lu | June 27, 2014 3:22 PM EST
Lorde thinks Taylor Swift is an “incredible role model.” The Kiwi Grammy winner has praised her BFF for being an admirable character.
“I think there are artists who are really incredible role models and that’s something I admire. I feel like Taylor is a really good role model and I think that the girls who listen to her music are so devoted to her, and I think what she’s saying is pretty cool. It’s empowering,” she reportedly said in an interview, as quoted by various publications.
U.S. singer Taylor Swift performs during her RED Tour in Shanghai, May 30, 2014. REUTERS/Stringer
“If we have the same work problems, we know each other’s lives better. It’s always good befriending people who do a similar thing.”
There was a time when Lorde’s alleged diss on Taylor made the headlines, prompting Taylor’s fans to attack the younger singer.
The “Royals” hitmaker made the mistake of calling the 24-year-old songstress “perfect and unattainable,” which some people thought was an insult in disguise of a praise.
Lorde has since regretted naming Taylor in her comment, explaining that it wasn’t meant to offend Taylor.
And as Taylor had said, there was no offence taken. Lorde had said in a previous interview that Taylor understood that it was “not a bad thing.”
Taylor isn’t the only Grammy winner Lorde admires. The “Royals” hitmaker also declared her love for Rihanna.
In a recent interview with Evening Standard, Lorde called the 26-year-old Barbadian singer “magnetic.”
“You can’t not look at Rihanna. I would buy anything Rihanna sold me. The way Rihanna embodies being a sexual woman... She’s so fearless and confident, I just love her.”
Although there are people who think Lorde is a bit judgmental on her contemporaries, the New Zealand native is actually more accepting of others’ choices. She advised parents not to be too strict on how their children dress.
“People should stop worrying about their daughters. I don’t see a female without clothing as a terrible influence. There are worse things. Shooting people. Glorifying violence.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown