Lorde on Taylor Swift: She’s an ‘Incredible Role Model’
By Anne Lu | June 27, 2014 3:22 PM EST
Lorde thinks Taylor Swift is an “incredible role model.” The Kiwi Grammy winner has praised her BFF for being an admirable character.
“I think there are artists who are really incredible role models and that’s something I admire. I feel like Taylor is a really good role model and I think that the girls who listen to her music are so devoted to her, and I think what she’s saying is pretty cool. It’s empowering,” she reportedly said in an interview, as quoted by various publications.
U.S. singer Taylor Swift performs during her RED Tour in Shanghai, May 30, 2014. REUTERS/Stringer
“If we have the same work problems, we know each other’s lives better. It’s always good befriending people who do a similar thing.”
There was a time when Lorde’s alleged diss on Taylor made the headlines, prompting Taylor’s fans to attack the younger singer.
The “Royals” hitmaker made the mistake of calling the 24-year-old songstress “perfect and unattainable,” which some people thought was an insult in disguise of a praise.
Lorde has since regretted naming Taylor in her comment, explaining that it wasn’t meant to offend Taylor.
And as Taylor had said, there was no offence taken. Lorde had said in a previous interview that Taylor understood that it was “not a bad thing.”
Taylor isn’t the only Grammy winner Lorde admires. The “Royals” hitmaker also declared her love for Rihanna.
In a recent interview with Evening Standard, Lorde called the 26-year-old Barbadian singer “magnetic.”
“You can’t not look at Rihanna. I would buy anything Rihanna sold me. The way Rihanna embodies being a sexual woman... She’s so fearless and confident, I just love her.”
Although there are people who think Lorde is a bit judgmental on her contemporaries, the New Zealand native is actually more accepting of others’ choices. She advised parents not to be too strict on how their children dress.
“People should stop worrying about their daughters. I don’t see a female without clothing as a terrible influence. There are worse things. Shooting people. Glorifying violence.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff