NBC to Air Miley Cyrus: Bangerz Tour Documentary
By nidhi tewari | June 27, 2014 3:15 PM EST
Television channels just can't get enough of Miley Cyrus. First it was MTV that did a documentary on Miley in 2013, now it's NBC. A new Miley Cyrus documentary is on its way and will reportedly focus on her "Bangerz" tour, split with Liam Hemsworth, pregnancy rumours and other aspects of her life, kpopstars.com reports.
U.S. singer Miley Cyrus performs at the O2 Arena in central London May 6, 2014. REUTERS/Olivia Harris
NBC will air a two-hour "Miley Cyrus: Bangerz Tour" special on July 6 at 9 p.m. E.T., the channel announced on Thursday. The fans of Miley Cyrus will be treated to special behind the scenes from her "Bangerz" tour and will also include Miley's live performances from her upcoming shows in Spain and Portugal.
In addition, the two-hour long documentary will also focus on the period of Miley's life where she fell ill and could not perform for more than a weak. Miley was hospitalized and sent to Kansas City hospital some time back following an allergic reaction to some medicines.
"There are few recording artists with the global success achieved by Miley Cyrus. This unique special will offer an exclusive peek on how she engages with her crew and fans at one of her hugely popular concerts," said Paul Telegdy, President, Alternative and Late Night Programming, NBC Entertainment in a statement at edit.nbcmv.com.
"Miley Cyrus: Bangerz Tour" will be produced by Done and Dusted and directed by Diane Martel and Russell Thomas, the channel announced. The announcement of "Miley Cyrus Bangerz Tour" comes on the heels of reports that HBO will air a similar "Mrs. Carter World Tour" documentary featuring Beyonce. The documentary will focus on Beyonce's live performances from her recent one-year long concert including her extremely popular "Drunk in Love" and "XO" performances. Read more about it here.
Though Beyonce did not do anything controversial during her concerts, Miley Cyrus is different. The 21-year-old has been in news for her antics ever since she has kicked off her "Bangerz" tour on Valentine's Day. The "Wrecking Ball" songstress has rode an inflated hot dog, simulated oral sex on a Bill Clinton lookalike and even showed off a lot of skin during her concerts.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Reports: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal