NBC to Air Miley Cyrus: Bangerz Tour Documentary
By nidhi tewari | June 27, 2014 3:15 PM EST
Television channels just can't get enough of Miley Cyrus. First it was MTV that did a documentary on Miley in 2013, now it's NBC. A new Miley Cyrus documentary is on its way and will reportedly focus on her "Bangerz" tour, split with Liam Hemsworth, pregnancy rumours and other aspects of her life, kpopstars.com reports.
U.S. singer Miley Cyrus performs at the O2 Arena in central London May 6, 2014. REUTERS/Olivia Harris
NBC will air a two-hour "Miley Cyrus: Bangerz Tour" special on July 6 at 9 p.m. E.T., the channel announced on Thursday. The fans of Miley Cyrus will be treated to special behind the scenes from her "Bangerz" tour and will also include Miley's live performances from her upcoming shows in Spain and Portugal.
In addition, the two-hour long documentary will also focus on the period of Miley's life where she fell ill and could not perform for more than a weak. Miley was hospitalized and sent to Kansas City hospital some time back following an allergic reaction to some medicines.
"There are few recording artists with the global success achieved by Miley Cyrus. This unique special will offer an exclusive peek on how she engages with her crew and fans at one of her hugely popular concerts," said Paul Telegdy, President, Alternative and Late Night Programming, NBC Entertainment in a statement at edit.nbcmv.com.
"Miley Cyrus: Bangerz Tour" will be produced by Done and Dusted and directed by Diane Martel and Russell Thomas, the channel announced. The announcement of "Miley Cyrus Bangerz Tour" comes on the heels of reports that HBO will air a similar "Mrs. Carter World Tour" documentary featuring Beyonce. The documentary will focus on Beyonce's live performances from her recent one-year long concert including her extremely popular "Drunk in Love" and "XO" performances. Read more about it here.
Though Beyonce did not do anything controversial during her concerts, Miley Cyrus is different. The 21-year-old has been in news for her antics ever since she has kicked off her "Bangerz" tour on Valentine's Day. The "Wrecking Ball" songstress has rode an inflated hot dog, simulated oral sex on a Bill Clinton lookalike and even showed off a lot of skin during her concerts.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- ‘Castle’ Update: Watch Stana Katic, Jon, Seamus Take Bucket Challenge At Season 7 Set, Nathan Fillion Missing [VIDEOS]
- ‘Fast and Furious’ 7 New Car Revealed To Be a Humvee
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Windows 9 To Include Interactive Live Tiles and Notification Center in Metro 2.0