iPhone 6 Release Date, Specs, Price: New Video Shows Final Production Build of Back Panel - (Logo Out, Wireless Charging In)
By Pavithra Rathinavel | June 27, 2014 2:57 PM EST
The Apple iPhone 6 release date is slated for September 19, 2014. The iPhone 6 has been a subject of speculation all over the Internet for quite some time now, with both the 4.7 inches display and the 5.5 inches screen being watched out very closely.
Apple CEO Tim Cook delivers his keynote address at the World Wide developers conference in San Francisco, California June 2, 2014.
Apple will be launching the 32 GB and 64 GB variants of 4.7-inches iPhone 6 for 5,288 Yuan (US$846) and 6,288 Yuan (US$1008). Hence there is a possibility that the company may not launch the iPhone 6 16 GB variant, according to MacRumors.
A recently released video showcases a finished back panel (rear cover) from the production line. [Scroll down to watch the video]. In addition, the leaked video also shows mock-ups of the 4.7 inches and 5.5 inches iPhone 6 variants for comparison. Also, the back cover portrayed in the video pertains to the 4.7 inches iPhone 6 model, says Slash Gear.
There's been no dearth of rumors, dummy images and leaked specs on the upcoming device iPhone 6, but this is the first video leak on the back cover from production line. Earlier rumors suggested that the company logo will be removed from the back, pointing to a likelihood of wireless charging and an IR blaster. This video leak gives evidence to that rumor-- the ubiquitous Apple logo is not part of the back panel.
Initially, reports suggested that wireless charging facility will not be a part the upcoming iPhone 6, because of the metal casing. But again, another report suggested that the new iPhone 6 design consists of a new surface under the shell that can be used to connect to the charging surface for energy transfer. The underlying technology used by Apple is reported to be Qi standard. It is also worth noting that the inside of the back panel appears glossy while the outer cover has a matte effect.
Here is the video from AliExpress showcasing the back panel:
The other specifications include:
- 4.7 inches display with Full HD 1,920 x 1,080 pixel resolution
- 32/64 GB internal storage (128 GB rumoured)
- Apple A8 chipset (quad-core)
- 2 GB of RAM
- Fingerprint sensor (Touch ID)
- Sapphire crystal glass protection
- iOS 8
- 8-megapixel iSight camera
- Optical image stabilization - OIS (only on the 5.5 inches model)
- Battery likely between 1,700 mAh and 2,000 mAh units
- Battery 'usage by app' feature included
- Colour: Space Gray, White/Silver, Gold
What do you think of the upcoming iPhone 6? Feel free to leave a comment.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2