The Fault in Our Stars Actress Shailene Woodley Defends Miley Cyrus' Behaviour
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | June 27, 2014 2:49 PM EST
"The Fault in Our Stars" actress Shailene Woodley defended pop star Miley Cyrus, during the interview for the July issue of Vanity Fair.
Actress Shailene Woodley arrives for a 20th Century Fox presentation of "The Fault in Our Stars" in Las Vegas, Nevada in this March 27, 2014 file photo. In a summer of blockbusters with superheroes, a rampaging monster and a wicked fairy, "The Fault in Our Stars," the film adaptation of John Green's best-seller, is a heart-wrenching story of young love that could become a box-office hit.
"Miley isn't rude or mean or cruel to anyone in her actions. She just does herself. And regardless of whether you agree with what she's doing or not, it's none of your business what she does," stated the 22-year old star at Vanity Fair interview.
Miley Cyrus caused a stir during the MTV Video Music Awards 2013 when she twirled all over the married singer Robin Thicke. She also showed a very daring and almost naked video with the "Wrecking Ball."
Woodley further stated that the 21-year old singer does not do mean things in the world. She even questioned why the parents and all the people are freaking out about Miley Cyrus being herself.
"If you don't want your kids to watch it, you know, you can change that situation at home, but don't make a big deal of what she's doing," Woodley stated. Instead, she advised the parents to make a big deal about the bullies at school who beat up their kids.
This just goes to show that Shailene Woodley looked up to the brave and strong personality that Miley Cyrus evoke. During her Vanity Fair interview she also mentioned that the greatest people who have inspired her in her life don't go out trying to be a role model.
"People that I look up to in life are people who make a difference, and brave, strong women," the actress stated. For her, the people who inspired her are just devoted and are not afraid of what other people think of them.
Apart from the strong personality of Miley Cyrus, Shailene Woodley also looked up to the strong personality of the her Divergent co-star Kate Winslet who gave her expert advice. She stated the Winslet shaped a lot of who she was in high school to the sort of being like she wanted to be a strong woman like Winslet.
Shailene Woodley also revealed that Stevie Nick's music has always been a part of something she listened to.
"And I also just love sort of who she is and that there's no one in the world like Stevie Nicks. She was never the next anything. She was the first and only Stevie Nicks, and she was brave and she was strong, and she was her, no matter what that meant. She was her," Woodley expressed.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase