The Fault in Our Stars Actress Shailene Woodley Defends Miley Cyrus' Behaviour
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | June 27, 2014 2:49 PM EST
"The Fault in Our Stars" actress Shailene Woodley defended pop star Miley Cyrus, during the interview for the July issue of Vanity Fair.
Actress Shailene Woodley arrives for a 20th Century Fox presentation of "The Fault in Our Stars" in Las Vegas, Nevada in this March 27, 2014 file photo. In a summer of blockbusters with superheroes, a rampaging monster and a wicked fairy, "The Fault in Our Stars," the film adaptation of John Green's best-seller, is a heart-wrenching story of young love that could become a box-office hit.
"Miley isn't rude or mean or cruel to anyone in her actions. She just does herself. And regardless of whether you agree with what she's doing or not, it's none of your business what she does," stated the 22-year old star at Vanity Fair interview.
Miley Cyrus caused a stir during the MTV Video Music Awards 2013 when she twirled all over the married singer Robin Thicke. She also showed a very daring and almost naked video with the "Wrecking Ball."
Woodley further stated that the 21-year old singer does not do mean things in the world. She even questioned why the parents and all the people are freaking out about Miley Cyrus being herself.
"If you don't want your kids to watch it, you know, you can change that situation at home, but don't make a big deal of what she's doing," Woodley stated. Instead, she advised the parents to make a big deal about the bullies at school who beat up their kids.
This just goes to show that Shailene Woodley looked up to the brave and strong personality that Miley Cyrus evoke. During her Vanity Fair interview she also mentioned that the greatest people who have inspired her in her life don't go out trying to be a role model.
"People that I look up to in life are people who make a difference, and brave, strong women," the actress stated. For her, the people who inspired her are just devoted and are not afraid of what other people think of them.
Apart from the strong personality of Miley Cyrus, Shailene Woodley also looked up to the strong personality of the her Divergent co-star Kate Winslet who gave her expert advice. She stated the Winslet shaped a lot of who she was in high school to the sort of being like she wanted to be a strong woman like Winslet.
Shailene Woodley also revealed that Stevie Nick's music has always been a part of something she listened to.
"And I also just love sort of who she is and that there's no one in the world like Stevie Nicks. She was never the next anything. She was the first and only Stevie Nicks, and she was brave and she was strong, and she was her, no matter what that meant. She was her," Woodley expressed.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone