NBA News: Warriors Still Seeking Love, No Draft Day Deal Made
By Vincent Paul Hidalgo | June 27, 2014 2:15 PM EST
The Golden State Warriors are still enamored with the prospect of pairing up Stephen Curry with Kevin Love but no deal was made during the 2014 NBA Draft night, according to sources close to the negotiations.
NBA: Los Angeles Lakers at Minnesota Timberwolves
ESPN.com reports that after chatter that talks have died down from both camps, the teams resumed their dialogue on the deal that would send Love to the Bay area but both sides have not yet agreed on the details particularly on the inclusion of Klay Thompson. Sources reveal that consultant Jerry West as well as coach Steve Kerr voiced their displeasure of surrendering Thompson as well as David Lee and a draft pick.
Apart from management, several players such as Andre Iguodala have already weighed in on the talks, also believing that the other half of the Splash Brothers should not be included in the deal.
"That's not going to happen," Iguodala said on Sirius XM on Thursday. "I want to clear that up right now. We should not trade Klay Thompson. "I tell Klay this every day. I text Klay and say, 'Don't worry. I'm your man. I'm going to make sure you get paid. I'm going to get you the max (contract). You'll be taken care of. Don't stress."
Several other teams are also in the mix in the Love sweepstakes such as the Denver Nuggets, the Chicago Bulls, Boston Celtics and the Phoenix Suns but no other team has created greater interest and chatter than the Golden State Warriors. The Warriors are hoping that by pairing up Love and Curry, they can get the attention of LeBron James to include the organization in his next decision.
While many were looking into several potentials deals to happen on draft day, the seemingly growing pattern of non-movers during the selection again manifested in this year. No big names were swapped in the draft day with a few exchanges of picks and cash considerations.
With the talks seemingly slowing down, the Warriors and Timberwolves are expected to go again in the next few days especially come July 1st when free agents are expected to be approached and wooed by several teams. Any deal that will land the disgruntled Love in the next few days would certainly include the chatter on the Golden State Warriors who appear to be the most serious of the pack to land the sweet shooting forward.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: Spain vs. Iran Preview, Starting Lineups
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Finland Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger's Take on Falcao and Rabiot
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Striker Fernando Torres Heads To AC Milan
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Signing A Striker Is Still Considered By Wenger
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 New Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 2 Update Guide