Ellen DeGeneres-Portia de Rossi Divorce Drama: Portia Sickly Thin, Starving Herself --- Report
By Tanya Diente | June 27, 2014 1:29 PM EST
Portia de Rossi had battled with anorexia due to low self-esteem and she's opened up about it since 2010. However, some sources are saying that she is looking sickly thin now since she is again starving herself amid rumours of a divorce from wife Ellen.
Producers of "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" pose backstage with the award for outstanding talk show/entertainment during the 41st Annual Daytime Emmy Awards in Beverly Hills, California June 22, 2014.
According to inquisitr, comedian-host Ellen DeGeneres and wife Portia de Rossi has been battling divorce rumours for the past few months, including reports of Portia being jealous over Ellen's friendship with "Modern Family" actress Sofia Vergara.
Now the couple is hit with another rumour after they were spotted on a stroll in New York City.
The report added that since Portia has no control over having a baby or even keeping the marriage intact, then she is resorting to what she can control - her weight. Portia is naturally not a big girl however she can look downright sickly when she's under pressure.
However, inquisitr slammed the report saying it shouldn't be taken seriously since the site did not mention any source confirming that Portia is indeed starving herself. Likewise, there is no evidence other than speculation based on a picture.
Also, according to Daily Mail, Ellen had saved Portia from her battle with anorexia and bulimia. So it would be ironic if she resorts to them again to lose weight, and probably just lose Ellen in the process.
Portia de Rossi chronicled her spiral into anorexia and bulimia in her new memoir "Unbearable Lightness: A Story of Loss and Gain."
The memoir tells her battles with low self-esteem that she had to resort to consuming 150 calories and 20 laxatives a day, and worked out for hours on end, dropping her weight to 82 pounds.
'I'd never known a day when my weight wasn't the determining factor for my self-esteem," Portia said in the book, adding that the more effort she put into starving herself, the more satisfaction she'd feel.
However, in some romantic twist of fate, it was meeting her wife Ellen DeGeneres in March 2001 that cured her of her low self-esteem and subsequently saved her life.
"Ellen has taught me not to care about other people's opinions, "she said, adding that Ellen had seen a glimpse of her inner being from underneath the flesh and bone, "reached in and pulled me out."
Ellen DeGeneres also proclaimed her undying love for Portia de Rossi to People magazine earlier this year, claiming that their marriage is actually better than ever.
"I fall more in love with Portia all the time. I really do," she said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown