PS4 News: July PS Plus Games Confirmed, PlayStation Now Teased for Gamescom and Destiny Beta Announcement
By Gel Galang | June 27, 2014 1:06 PM EST
July is less than a week away, and already, Sony has revealed the July Lineup for PlayStation Plus members.
Shoppers browse for video games near a poster advertising a FIFA soccer video game played on Sony Corp's PlayStation 4 console, at an electronics retail store in Tokyo June 10, 2014.
inFamous: Second Son vs. Titanfall: inFamous: First Light Gets a Release Date; Titanfall’s Single-Player Still Possible
Posted on the PlayStation Blog, it was announced that once July 1 hits, the games lined up for the July PS Plus will be available for free download for members. Following the June PS Plus pattern, where there are two games for each platform.
For the coming month, you can expect "Towerfall Ascension," the classic combat game, and the side-scroller game "Strider" to come to the PS4.
PS3 gamers will get "Dead Space 3" and "Vessel," a more optimised simulation game, while the PS Vita will get "Muramasa Rebirth and Doki-Doki Universe, the much-acclaimed quirky game that lets the player discover and learn about humanity.
Gamescom to Feature PS Now?
Until now, the PlayStation Now is enjoying beta mode, but it seems that Gamescom may bring in more announcements about Sony's upcoming cloud-based streaming service.
Gamereactor reports that in an exclusive chat with SCE's Jim Ryan, he had teased something that is cooking up with the PlayStation Now that involves Europe.
"We are working on the introduction in Europe... I suggest that you come to Gamescom, we might possibly, possibly have something to say about PlayStation Now," said Ryan to Gamereactor.
While no other detail was teased, there have been previous reports circulating about the PlayStation Now, specifically one involving the recently leaked rental prices for the service.
'Destiny' Won't Be Open to All with PS Plus
The PS4 and PS3 consoles have a timed edge over the Xbox One and Xbox 360 when it comes to Bungie's "Destiny," as there will be a beta run starting July.
And this fact already has PS4 and PS3 gamers excited, though there is an error in a previous announcement by PlayStation. While the announcement has stated that any PlayStation Plus member "will be able to fully experience Destiny and its incredible multiplayer," PlayStation Universe reports that community manager Chris Owen has already taken the initiative to correct the mistake via Twitter.
"Update: The Destiny Beta will be available via pre-order only. The blog post is worded incorrectly and will be amended."
The official launch date of "Destiny" remains September 9 across all platforms with PS4 and PS3 getting exclusive content and even an offered bundle for the title.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Dark Souls 2 Crown Of The Old Iron King’ DLC For PlayStation 3, XBox 360 And PC Released On Aug. 26, 2014 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Windows Phone 8.1, Nokia Lumia Cyan Update: All Supported Devices In Various Regions As Of August
- Robin Williams to Be Honoured As A Character In 'World Of Warcraft: Warlords Of Draenor'
- Hypersonic Travel: Can Space Tourism be a Possibility
- Nokia Lumia 530: Windows Phone Handset Now On Sale In The UK With £87 Price
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Two Weeks to Go Starting at $800 with New Phosphorus HealthKit Chip
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Bill Shorten Calls Tony Abbott 'Ineligible' To Lead Australia; Government Party-Room Leaks On Abbott'sTravel Entitlements