PS4 News: July PS Plus Games Confirmed, PlayStation Now Teased for Gamescom and Destiny Beta Announcement
By Gel Galang | June 27, 2014 1:06 PM EST
July is less than a week away, and already, Sony has revealed the July Lineup for PlayStation Plus members.
Shoppers browse for video games near a poster advertising a FIFA soccer video game played on Sony Corp's PlayStation 4 console, at an electronics retail store in Tokyo June 10, 2014.
inFamous: Second Son vs. Titanfall: inFamous: First Light Gets a Release Date; Titanfall’s Single-Player Still Possible
Posted on the PlayStation Blog, it was announced that once July 1 hits, the games lined up for the July PS Plus will be available for free download for members. Following the June PS Plus pattern, where there are two games for each platform.
For the coming month, you can expect "Towerfall Ascension," the classic combat game, and the side-scroller game "Strider" to come to the PS4.
PS3 gamers will get "Dead Space 3" and "Vessel," a more optimised simulation game, while the PS Vita will get "Muramasa Rebirth and Doki-Doki Universe, the much-acclaimed quirky game that lets the player discover and learn about humanity.
Gamescom to Feature PS Now?
Until now, the PlayStation Now is enjoying beta mode, but it seems that Gamescom may bring in more announcements about Sony's upcoming cloud-based streaming service.
Gamereactor reports that in an exclusive chat with SCE's Jim Ryan, he had teased something that is cooking up with the PlayStation Now that involves Europe.
"We are working on the introduction in Europe... I suggest that you come to Gamescom, we might possibly, possibly have something to say about PlayStation Now," said Ryan to Gamereactor.
While no other detail was teased, there have been previous reports circulating about the PlayStation Now, specifically one involving the recently leaked rental prices for the service.
'Destiny' Won't Be Open to All with PS Plus
The PS4 and PS3 consoles have a timed edge over the Xbox One and Xbox 360 when it comes to Bungie's "Destiny," as there will be a beta run starting July.
And this fact already has PS4 and PS3 gamers excited, though there is an error in a previous announcement by PlayStation. While the announcement has stated that any PlayStation Plus member "will be able to fully experience Destiny and its incredible multiplayer," PlayStation Universe reports that community manager Chris Owen has already taken the initiative to correct the mistake via Twitter.
"Update: The Destiny Beta will be available via pre-order only. The blog post is worded incorrectly and will be amended."
The official launch date of "Destiny" remains September 9 across all platforms with PS4 and PS3 getting exclusive content and even an offered bundle for the title.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- GTA V Online: Money-Glitch Ban Goes After Cheaters as a New Zombie DLC Leak is Spotted
- Destiny News: Burning Questions Answered, New Info for Game Spotted and New Artwork Showcased
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Speculations for Mega Evolutions; X and Y Double Battles Detailed
- Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet 17.1.2.A.0.314 Firmware Update to Improve Touch Screen and Charging Speed
- Nokia Lumia 630 vs. Sony Xperia M Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff