Kate Middleton Staying At Kensington Palace For Financial Reasons --- Report
By Tanya Diente | June 27, 2014 12:58 PM EST
A royal aide has confirmed that Kate Middleton is not leaving Kensington Palace for Anmer Hall, and reports are also pointing at financial reasons why the royal couple decided to remain in the palace.
Britain's Prince Harry (L), Prince William, the Duke of Cambridge and his wife, Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge share a light moment as they stand on the balcony of Buckingham Palace in the annual Trooping of the Colour ceremony to celebrate the Queen's official birthday in central London, June 14, 2014.
A few days ago, reports said Kate Middleton wanted to leave Kensington Palace for a peaceful and quiet setting in Anmer Hall to raise her son Prince George. Now sources are saying that the Duchess of Cambridge and Prince William have decided to remain in the palace.
Kate Middleton and Prince William intend to remain at the 21-room apartment until William is given the title Prince of Wales and becomes heir to the throne.
A senior royal aide told UK's Express, that Kensington Palace will be Kate Middleton and Prince William's "home for many years to come, "including when William becomes Prince of Wales.
Financial records also show the reason why the royal couple had decided to remain at the Kensington Place.
Kate Middleton and Prince William reportedly spent around £4 million of government money (equivalent to $6,807,980) to refurbish the palace. That aside, the royal couple and Prince Harry had also used an undisclosed amount of public money moving their things out of St. James Palace and into refurbished offices at Kensington Palace.
It would be a waste of government money and work put into refurbishing Kensington Palace if Kate Middleton and Prince William ever decide to leave for Anmer Hall.
The royal couple is reportedly also facing an uncertain future when it comes to Prince William's profession.
The Express reported that after much thought, he has decided to go back to a full-time job. He will be working with the East Anglia Air Ambulance service, flying helicopters to rescue sick and injured people.
Kate Middleton and Prince William's intention to remain at the Kensington Palace also puts the Clarence House, the current home of Prince Charles and Camilla Bowles, in an uncertain situation.
The royal aide said it's uncertain what would happen to the Clarence House but added that Buckingham Palace would remain as the monarch's residence.
This suggests that Camilla and Prince Charles could move in to Buckingham Palace when Charles takes the throne. Prince Harry, who currently lives in a small apartment in Kensington Palace, can then move in to Clarence House when and if he gets married and has his own family.
Source:YouTube/The Royal Family Channel
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery