Kate Middleton Staying At Kensington Palace For Financial Reasons --- Report
By Tanya Diente | June 27, 2014 12:58 PM EST
A royal aide has confirmed that Kate Middleton is not leaving Kensington Palace for Anmer Hall, and reports are also pointing at financial reasons why the royal couple decided to remain in the palace.
Britain's Prince Harry (L), Prince William, the Duke of Cambridge and his wife, Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge share a light moment as they stand on the balcony of Buckingham Palace in the annual Trooping of the Colour ceremony to celebrate the Queen's official birthday in central London, June 14, 2014.
A few days ago, reports said Kate Middleton wanted to leave Kensington Palace for a peaceful and quiet setting in Anmer Hall to raise her son Prince George. Now sources are saying that the Duchess of Cambridge and Prince William have decided to remain in the palace.
Kate Middleton and Prince William intend to remain at the 21-room apartment until William is given the title Prince of Wales and becomes heir to the throne.
A senior royal aide told UK's Express, that Kensington Palace will be Kate Middleton and Prince William's "home for many years to come, "including when William becomes Prince of Wales.
Financial records also show the reason why the royal couple had decided to remain at the Kensington Place.
Kate Middleton and Prince William reportedly spent around £4 million of government money (equivalent to $6,807,980) to refurbish the palace. That aside, the royal couple and Prince Harry had also used an undisclosed amount of public money moving their things out of St. James Palace and into refurbished offices at Kensington Palace.
It would be a waste of government money and work put into refurbishing Kensington Palace if Kate Middleton and Prince William ever decide to leave for Anmer Hall.
The royal couple is reportedly also facing an uncertain future when it comes to Prince William's profession.
The Express reported that after much thought, he has decided to go back to a full-time job. He will be working with the East Anglia Air Ambulance service, flying helicopters to rescue sick and injured people.
Kate Middleton and Prince William's intention to remain at the Kensington Palace also puts the Clarence House, the current home of Prince Charles and Camilla Bowles, in an uncertain situation.
The royal aide said it's uncertain what would happen to the Clarence House but added that Buckingham Palace would remain as the monarch's residence.
This suggests that Camilla and Prince Charles could move in to Buckingham Palace when Charles takes the throne. Prince Harry, who currently lives in a small apartment in Kensington Palace, can then move in to Clarence House when and if he gets married and has his own family.
Source:YouTube/The Royal Family Channel
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown