Star Wars Episode 7 Plot May Include Sith Witches and Mandalorians
By Sachin Trivedi | June 27, 2014 12:49 PM EST
There is some exciting news about the upcoming "Star Wars: Episode 7" movie for the fans of the franchise. The Sith may indeed be a feature in the upcoming movie and the Mandalorians are expected to play a big role in the movies as well.
People dressed as "Star Wars" characters Boba Fett (L) and a Stormtrooper pose at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014. REUTERS/Jonathan Alcorn
According to a report by Latino Review, a source close to the movie has confirmed that Sith Witches and Mandalorians will be the new arch enemies in "Star Wars: Episode 7." Earlier reports had suggested that there would be three groups of enemies of the Jedi in the upcoming movie.
The news comes as relief to some of the "Star Wars" fans who were worried that there may not be any Sith in the upcoming movie. The franchise is yet to find a good replacement to the dreaded villain Darth Vader. The character is still one of the most popular from the franchise and it will be tall order for the producers to come up with a new villain to match his popularity.
The Sith Witches may be based on the Night Sisters who were featured in the "Star Wars: Clone Wars" TV series. One character that fans are hopeful of seeing is Asajj Ventress, a member of the Nigh Sisters who is later trained to be a Sith and wields a lightsaber.
Another character fans hope to see making a comeback would be Boba Fett. The mercenary Mandalorian used to work for the Empire. "Star Wars" fans who have seen the movies will remember him falling into the open jaws of the Sarlacc creature. Many fans believe that he has survived and will return.
There have been some concerns about the production schedule of the upcoming movie being pushed due to a leg injury of star actor Harrison Ford. The actor plays the role of Han Solo a smuggler turned hero who is now married to Leia Organa. The character may play an important role in the upcoming movie with fans expecting a bigger role for their children.
"Star Wars" 7 will be released in Dec 2015. The movie will be directed by J.J Abrams. The recent leaked pictures from the sets of the movie suggest that the movie will be using huge constructed sets instead of depending heavily on computer graphics. The director has reportedly raised concerns about leaks from the sets.
Star Wars 7: Top 5 Roles Tom Cruise Can Play in the Upcoming Movie [Read]
Convicted 'Hot Mugshot Guy' Jeremy Meeks May Become a Model and Earn $30k per Month [Read]
Bride-to-be Dies in a Tragic Accident on the Way to Bachelorette Party [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying