Star Wars Episode 7 Plot May Include Sith Witches and Mandalorians
By Sachin Trivedi | June 27, 2014 12:49 PM EST
There is some exciting news about the upcoming "Star Wars: Episode 7" movie for the fans of the franchise. The Sith may indeed be a feature in the upcoming movie and the Mandalorians are expected to play a big role in the movies as well.
People dressed as "Star Wars" characters Boba Fett (L) and a Stormtrooper pose at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014. REUTERS/Jonathan Alcorn
According to a report by Latino Review, a source close to the movie has confirmed that Sith Witches and Mandalorians will be the new arch enemies in "Star Wars: Episode 7." Earlier reports had suggested that there would be three groups of enemies of the Jedi in the upcoming movie.
The news comes as relief to some of the "Star Wars" fans who were worried that there may not be any Sith in the upcoming movie. The franchise is yet to find a good replacement to the dreaded villain Darth Vader. The character is still one of the most popular from the franchise and it will be tall order for the producers to come up with a new villain to match his popularity.
The Sith Witches may be based on the Night Sisters who were featured in the "Star Wars: Clone Wars" TV series. One character that fans are hopeful of seeing is Asajj Ventress, a member of the Nigh Sisters who is later trained to be a Sith and wields a lightsaber.
Another character fans hope to see making a comeback would be Boba Fett. The mercenary Mandalorian used to work for the Empire. "Star Wars" fans who have seen the movies will remember him falling into the open jaws of the Sarlacc creature. Many fans believe that he has survived and will return.
There have been some concerns about the production schedule of the upcoming movie being pushed due to a leg injury of star actor Harrison Ford. The actor plays the role of Han Solo a smuggler turned hero who is now married to Leia Organa. The character may play an important role in the upcoming movie with fans expecting a bigger role for their children.
"Star Wars" 7 will be released in Dec 2015. The movie will be directed by J.J Abrams. The recent leaked pictures from the sets of the movie suggest that the movie will be using huge constructed sets instead of depending heavily on computer graphics. The director has reportedly raised concerns about leaks from the sets.
Star Wars 7: Top 5 Roles Tom Cruise Can Play in the Upcoming Movie [Read]
Convicted 'Hot Mugshot Guy' Jeremy Meeks May Become a Model and Earn $30k per Month [Read]
Bride-to-be Dies in a Tragic Accident on the Way to Bachelorette Party [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2