Star Wars Episode 7 Plot May Include Sith Witches and Mandalorians
By Sachin Trivedi | June 27, 2014 12:49 PM EST
There is some exciting news about the upcoming "Star Wars: Episode 7" movie for the fans of the franchise. The Sith may indeed be a feature in the upcoming movie and the Mandalorians are expected to play a big role in the movies as well.
People dressed as "Star Wars" characters Boba Fett (L) and a Stormtrooper pose at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014. REUTERS/Jonathan Alcorn
According to a report by Latino Review, a source close to the movie has confirmed that Sith Witches and Mandalorians will be the new arch enemies in "Star Wars: Episode 7." Earlier reports had suggested that there would be three groups of enemies of the Jedi in the upcoming movie.
The news comes as relief to some of the "Star Wars" fans who were worried that there may not be any Sith in the upcoming movie. The franchise is yet to find a good replacement to the dreaded villain Darth Vader. The character is still one of the most popular from the franchise and it will be tall order for the producers to come up with a new villain to match his popularity.
The Sith Witches may be based on the Night Sisters who were featured in the "Star Wars: Clone Wars" TV series. One character that fans are hopeful of seeing is Asajj Ventress, a member of the Nigh Sisters who is later trained to be a Sith and wields a lightsaber.
Another character fans hope to see making a comeback would be Boba Fett. The mercenary Mandalorian used to work for the Empire. "Star Wars" fans who have seen the movies will remember him falling into the open jaws of the Sarlacc creature. Many fans believe that he has survived and will return.
There have been some concerns about the production schedule of the upcoming movie being pushed due to a leg injury of star actor Harrison Ford. The actor plays the role of Han Solo a smuggler turned hero who is now married to Leia Organa. The character may play an important role in the upcoming movie with fans expecting a bigger role for their children.
"Star Wars" 7 will be released in Dec 2015. The movie will be directed by J.J Abrams. The recent leaked pictures from the sets of the movie suggest that the movie will be using huge constructed sets instead of depending heavily on computer graphics. The director has reportedly raised concerns about leaks from the sets.
Star Wars 7: Top 5 Roles Tom Cruise Can Play in the Upcoming Movie [Read]
Convicted 'Hot Mugshot Guy' Jeremy Meeks May Become a Model and Earn $30k per Month [Read]
Bride-to-be Dies in a Tragic Accident on the Way to Bachelorette Party [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 11 Premiere (Episode 1) Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘I Must Have Lost It On The Wind'
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best