Star Wars Episode 7 Plot May Include Sith Witches and Mandalorians
By Sachin Trivedi | June 27, 2014 12:49 PM EST
There is some exciting news about the upcoming "Star Wars: Episode 7" movie for the fans of the franchise. The Sith may indeed be a feature in the upcoming movie and the Mandalorians are expected to play a big role in the movies as well.
People dressed as "Star Wars" characters Boba Fett (L) and a Stormtrooper pose at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014. REUTERS/Jonathan Alcorn
According to a report by Latino Review, a source close to the movie has confirmed that Sith Witches and Mandalorians will be the new arch enemies in "Star Wars: Episode 7." Earlier reports had suggested that there would be three groups of enemies of the Jedi in the upcoming movie.
The news comes as relief to some of the "Star Wars" fans who were worried that there may not be any Sith in the upcoming movie. The franchise is yet to find a good replacement to the dreaded villain Darth Vader. The character is still one of the most popular from the franchise and it will be tall order for the producers to come up with a new villain to match his popularity.
The Sith Witches may be based on the Night Sisters who were featured in the "Star Wars: Clone Wars" TV series. One character that fans are hopeful of seeing is Asajj Ventress, a member of the Nigh Sisters who is later trained to be a Sith and wields a lightsaber.
Another character fans hope to see making a comeback would be Boba Fett. The mercenary Mandalorian used to work for the Empire. "Star Wars" fans who have seen the movies will remember him falling into the open jaws of the Sarlacc creature. Many fans believe that he has survived and will return.
There have been some concerns about the production schedule of the upcoming movie being pushed due to a leg injury of star actor Harrison Ford. The actor plays the role of Han Solo a smuggler turned hero who is now married to Leia Organa. The character may play an important role in the upcoming movie with fans expecting a bigger role for their children.
"Star Wars" 7 will be released in Dec 2015. The movie will be directed by J.J Abrams. The recent leaked pictures from the sets of the movie suggest that the movie will be using huge constructed sets instead of depending heavily on computer graphics. The director has reportedly raised concerns about leaks from the sets.
Star Wars 7: Top 5 Roles Tom Cruise Can Play in the Upcoming Movie [Read]
Convicted 'Hot Mugshot Guy' Jeremy Meeks May Become a Model and Earn $30k per Month [Read]
Bride-to-be Dies in a Tragic Accident on the Way to Bachelorette Party [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Plot Update: Ludacris Reveals Paul Walker's Old Photo, Vin Diesel Shares A Photo Of Himself In Car
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand