Star Wars Episode 7 Plot May Include Sith Witches and Mandalorians
By Sachin Trivedi | June 27, 2014 12:49 PM EST
There is some exciting news about the upcoming "Star Wars: Episode 7" movie for the fans of the franchise. The Sith may indeed be a feature in the upcoming movie and the Mandalorians are expected to play a big role in the movies as well.
People dressed as "Star Wars" characters Boba Fett (L) and a Stormtrooper pose at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014. REUTERS/Jonathan Alcorn
According to a report by Latino Review, a source close to the movie has confirmed that Sith Witches and Mandalorians will be the new arch enemies in "Star Wars: Episode 7." Earlier reports had suggested that there would be three groups of enemies of the Jedi in the upcoming movie.
The news comes as relief to some of the "Star Wars" fans who were worried that there may not be any Sith in the upcoming movie. The franchise is yet to find a good replacement to the dreaded villain Darth Vader. The character is still one of the most popular from the franchise and it will be tall order for the producers to come up with a new villain to match his popularity.
The Sith Witches may be based on the Night Sisters who were featured in the "Star Wars: Clone Wars" TV series. One character that fans are hopeful of seeing is Asajj Ventress, a member of the Nigh Sisters who is later trained to be a Sith and wields a lightsaber.
Another character fans hope to see making a comeback would be Boba Fett. The mercenary Mandalorian used to work for the Empire. "Star Wars" fans who have seen the movies will remember him falling into the open jaws of the Sarlacc creature. Many fans believe that he has survived and will return.
There have been some concerns about the production schedule of the upcoming movie being pushed due to a leg injury of star actor Harrison Ford. The actor plays the role of Han Solo a smuggler turned hero who is now married to Leia Organa. The character may play an important role in the upcoming movie with fans expecting a bigger role for their children.
"Star Wars" 7 will be released in Dec 2015. The movie will be directed by J.J Abrams. The recent leaked pictures from the sets of the movie suggest that the movie will be using huge constructed sets instead of depending heavily on computer graphics. The director has reportedly raised concerns about leaks from the sets.
Star Wars 7: Top 5 Roles Tom Cruise Can Play in the Upcoming Movie [Read]
Convicted 'Hot Mugshot Guy' Jeremy Meeks May Become a Model and Earn $30k per Month [Read]
Bride-to-be Dies in a Tragic Accident on the Way to Bachelorette Party [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales