Minecraft PS4 and Xbox One Transfers Teased and a Sales Update for PC and Console
By Gel Galang | June 27, 2014 12:46 PM EST
"Minecraft PS4 and Xbox One" developer 4J Studios has been very busy during the days leading to the launch of the additional "Minecraft" platforms. With only a month and a few days before August dawns, marking the release of "Minecraft" Xbox One, PS4 and PS Vita, the developer has teased a few screenshots showing off the transfer capabilities from current-gen to next-gen.
Coders rest in the office of Mojang, a small Swedish company behind the wildly popular Minecraft video game, in Stockholm, in this January 21, 2013 file photo. A decade ago Sweden was one of the world's most taxed nations, but the government has since cut income taxes and abolished inheritance taxes. The government says the cuts as well as strong government finances have helped triple-A rated Sweden outpace much of European growth since the 2008 crisis. Swedes with jobs have seen their disposable income soar and startups like Mojang - creator of computer game Minecraft - have blossomed. But not everyone is benefiting equally. The share of people in Sweden who have less income than half the national median rose to 9 percent of the population in 2010, from 5 percent in 2004, according to the OECD. Promising no more cuts to welfare, Stefan Lofven is expected to win the September 2014 election with a centre-left coalition, ending eight years under a centre-right government. REUTERS/Ints Kalnins/Files
— 4J Studios (@4JStudios) June 26, 2014
While this feature has already been confirmed for the Xbox One, fans are excited for the update. In addition, a fan had asked if there will be an option to expand the world transferred from the "Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition," and 4J Studios replied: "May not be there for launch, but we intend to have a Resize Save option, so you can increase the size of a save transfer world." This would definitely be good news for fans who are looking to move their creations to the Xbox One and take advantage of what the improved hardware power has to offer. If that's not enough, another update for the "Minecraft Xbox One Edition" and "Minecraft PS4 Edition" involves the increased distance, which has been showcased using the Kelpies.
'Minecraft' Console Sales Now Beyond the PC Sales
Even without the "Minecraft Xbox One Edition" and "Minecraft PS4 Edition" thrown into the mix yet, the sales for "Minecraft" has already seen the console version move more than the PC version of the game.
IGN reports that "Minecraft" has already sold 54 million for all platforms, a big leap from where it was in February, where there was a 34 million mark announcement in sales.
While there is no breakdown of how much of the 54 million sales are covered by the "Minecraft Xbox 360" and Minecraft PS3 Edition," GameSpot does quote Patrick Geuder Saga, the head of data analysis over at Mojang for the definitive statement, "Minecraft console editions together just passed MInecraft for PC/Mac."
Given the positive reception of fans to the next-gen versions of the game, the figure will undoubtedly continue to grow, especially with the expected features and transfer saves already teased.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Games: The Last of Us Remastered Photo Mode Leaked Shots; Halo: Master Chief Collection Detailed
- Dragon Age 3 Inquisition Romance: Cassandra Pentaghast, Dorian, Cullen, Sera, Iron Bull and Josephine Montilyet
- The SIMS 4 Official System Requirements Reveal Low Spec Demands; Release Date on September 2
- Before Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: TwitchPlaysPokemon Goes X and Y, More Events and More Gym Leader Info
- Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes Release Date, Features Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy Play Set
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies