Minecraft PS4 and Xbox One Transfers Teased and a Sales Update for PC and Console
By Gel Galang | June 27, 2014 12:46 PM EST
"Minecraft PS4 and Xbox One" developer 4J Studios has been very busy during the days leading to the launch of the additional "Minecraft" platforms. With only a month and a few days before August dawns, marking the release of "Minecraft" Xbox One, PS4 and PS Vita, the developer has teased a few screenshots showing off the transfer capabilities from current-gen to next-gen.
Coders rest in the office of Mojang, a small Swedish company behind the wildly popular Minecraft video game, in Stockholm, in this January 21, 2013 file photo. A decade ago Sweden was one of the world's most taxed nations, but the government has since cut income taxes and abolished inheritance taxes. The government says the cuts as well as strong government finances have helped triple-A rated Sweden outpace much of European growth since the 2008 crisis. Swedes with jobs have seen their disposable income soar and startups like Mojang - creator of computer game Minecraft - have blossomed. But not everyone is benefiting equally. The share of people in Sweden who have less income than half the national median rose to 9 percent of the population in 2010, from 5 percent in 2004, according to the OECD. Promising no more cuts to welfare, Stefan Lofven is expected to win the September 2014 election with a centre-left coalition, ending eight years under a centre-right government. REUTERS/Ints Kalnins/Files
— 4J Studios (@4JStudios) June 26, 2014
While this feature has already been confirmed for the Xbox One, fans are excited for the update. In addition, a fan had asked if there will be an option to expand the world transferred from the "Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition," and 4J Studios replied: "May not be there for launch, but we intend to have a Resize Save option, so you can increase the size of a save transfer world." This would definitely be good news for fans who are looking to move their creations to the Xbox One and take advantage of what the improved hardware power has to offer. If that's not enough, another update for the "Minecraft Xbox One Edition" and "Minecraft PS4 Edition" involves the increased distance, which has been showcased using the Kelpies.
'Minecraft' Console Sales Now Beyond the PC Sales
Even without the "Minecraft Xbox One Edition" and "Minecraft PS4 Edition" thrown into the mix yet, the sales for "Minecraft" has already seen the console version move more than the PC version of the game.
IGN reports that "Minecraft" has already sold 54 million for all platforms, a big leap from where it was in February, where there was a 34 million mark announcement in sales.
While there is no breakdown of how much of the 54 million sales are covered by the "Minecraft Xbox 360" and Minecraft PS3 Edition," GameSpot does quote Patrick Geuder Saga, the head of data analysis over at Mojang for the definitive statement, "Minecraft console editions together just passed MInecraft for PC/Mac."
Given the positive reception of fans to the next-gen versions of the game, the figure will undoubtedly continue to grow, especially with the expected features and transfer saves already teased.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS