iPhone 6 Release Date Imminent, Mass Production to Start Next Month - Bloomberg
By Karla Danica Figuerres | June 27, 2014 12:36 PM EST
The iPhone 6 release date becomes imminent as Apple would be putting the next generation smartphone into production in July.
A woman holds her new Apple iPhone 5S after buying it at an Apple Store at Tokyo's Ginza shopping district September 20, 2013
According to Bloomberg, the Cupertino tech giant will start the production on two different models of the upcoming smartphone next month.
The iPhone 6 release date is expected to bring two variants of the device: one with a 4.7 inches display and a phablet-sized 5.5-inch design. Notably, both sizes are bigger than the current flagship smartphone of Apple, the iPhone 5s, which checks in at 4 inches.
Just recently, iOS 8 has introduced a myriad of changes for developers that appear to indicate that a larger screen is coming soon with a possible resolution of 1704 x 960. Also, leaked iPhone 6 dummies and parts showed us a peek of what the phone will look like when it finally hits the shelves. According to recent reports, the iPhone 6 release date will give life to both curved glass screen and round edges designs.
The iPhone 6 release date has been reported to happen in the fall, likely around September, but the larger model could follow after a few months. However, with the recent report from Bloomberg, it appears that it is safe to say that both variant of iPhone, the 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch models will be shown off at the same time. But then again, Bloomberg suggests that production difficulty with the 5.5-inch model might cause initial supply to be below demand.
Meanwhile, two well-known iPhone manufacturers Foxconn and Pegatron have gone hiring lately in an attempt to rush to build up their workforces for the anticipated production of the devices soon.
Foxconn, the company which is responsible for producing 70 per cent of the iPhone 6 orders, is in the process of hiring 100,000 new workers in order to ramp up iPhone 6 production, according to a new report from Taiwanese Economic Daily. While Pegatron, is also said to be ramping up hiring in anticipation of the new smartphone.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family