Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Rear Camera is 12 MP only with Optical Image Stabilisation, Report Claims
By Ryan Inoyori | June 27, 2014 11:52 AM EST
New information revealed that Samsung may use a 12 MP camera on the upcoming Galaxy Note 4 but will feature an Optical Image Stabilisation module. Installing a smaller camera lens seems to be the solution to prevent bulking the size, according to the source.
A man walks out of Samsung Electronics' headquarters in Seoul January 6, 2014.
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Camera
The latest report from Korean media ETNews unveiled that Samsung may use a 12 MP camera lens on the rear side of the upcoming Galaxy Note 4. Moreover, this 12 MP rear camera will feature an Optical Image Stabilisation module in order to boost its performance on capturing images and videos.
However, SamMobile finds the news report from ETNews as an odd rumour since former Galaxy Note phablets always carry at least the equivalent rear camera lens based on its matching Galaxy S smartphone - Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3 both feature a 13 MP rear camera as part of the 2013 Galaxy flagship series.
If based on Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4 should have at least a 16 MP rear camera lens which has been confirmed by sources of SamMobile.
Why Set a 12 MP Rear Camera
ETNews' latest report on Galaxy Note 4 having a lower megapixel camera than Galaxy S5 may have been subjective to overall size of the phablet. Adaptation of smaller camera lens will significantly reduce the size of the upcoming phablet, keeping it thin as much as possible.
For the front camera, the report claims that Galaxy Note 4 will feature a 3.7 camera lens, which was also leaked at AnTuTu benchmarking Web site.
The claim of the lower camera megapixel on the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 has yet to be confirmed.
An alleged Samsung Galaxy Note 4 leaked out recently at AnTuTu benchmarking Web site and revealed several important specifications.
- Android 4.4.3 KitKat OS
- 2.5 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 for one variant
- Samsung Exynos 5433 octa-core Cortex A57 and A53 architecture for one variant
- 2K display resolution
- 3 GB of RAM for both Snapdragon and Exynos variants
- 32 GB internal storage
- Adreno 420 GPU for the Snapdragon model
- ARM Mali-T760 GPU for the Exynos model
- 16 MP rear camera unit for both models
- 3.7 MP front camera for both models
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is expected to be announced at the IFA 2014 trade show in Berlin, Germany and will be launched after the event. Reports also claim that the next-generation Galaxy phablet is ready for mass production.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery