inFamous: Second Son vs. Titanfall: inFamous: First Light Gets a Release Date; Titanfall’s Single-Player Still Possible
By Gel Galang | June 27, 2014 11:47 AM EST
The upcoming expansion to the PS4 exclusive game "infamous: Second Son" titled "First Light" has finally gotten a definitive release date from the developer.
A prop depicting a character from the video game "Titanfall" is on display before the opening day of the Electronic Entertainment Expo, or E3, in Los Angeles, California June 9, 2014. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni
— Sucker Punch (@SuckerPunchProd) June 25, 2014
As seen in the tweet above, "inFamous: First Light" will feature Abigail "Fetch" Walker, a returning character that brings with her quite the heavy backgrounder.
In an earlier blog post by Sucker Punch Productions, the developers detailed that the player will get to take on the role of Fetch and see her transformation from the time that she was captured by the DUP to how her life had played out during "Second Son."
"inFamous: First Light" also promises a lot of new environments beyond Seattle, including Curden Cay, as well as some powers that are unique to Fetch's character.
And for those who have come to love the Photo Mode in "inFamous: Second Son," "First Light" will also be taking advantage of this feature. "inFamous: First Light" will be coming to your PS4 consoles on August 26 and 27.
Respawn Entertainment: 'Titanfall' Single-player Not Impossible
Way back before "Titanfall" was released to the Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC platforms, a lot of players were every skeptical about the fact that it was a multiplayer-only game. Considering the exciting concept of the game, the issues that usually plague multiplayer games such as server issues and lagging, many though that it won't live up to the hype that it created.
Now that it has already been out for quite some time--with much of the hype justified--the developers are now turning towards the future of the "Titanfall" franchise.
In an exclusive with Game Informer, Respawn COO Dustry Welch has revealed some key details on how they see "Titanfall" as a franchise.
One of the things revealed is that, though "God of War III" creative director and experienced single-player creator Stig Asmussen has recently joined the company, he is not joining the "Titanfall" team. He is, however, open to contributing to the possible single-player campaign plans for the title, should they come up.
Welch has also stated that the multiplayer aspect of "Titanfall" will be reexamined, while also hinting at the consideration for future single-player possibilities for the title. At the same time, the multiplayer foundation of "Titanfall" is not going anywhere anytime soon.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'GTA V' For PC, PS4, Xbox One: More DLC Updates And Release Confirmed This Fall
- Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire May Not Be The Only Pokemon Game With This ‘Shocking’ Project
- 'Minecraft' 1.8 Update Gets 'Minecraft' 14w34b Snapshot, 'Minecraft PS Vita' Trailer And A Possible Oculus Rift Port
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs. Asus Zenfone 4 Price And Specifications Comparison [WATCH VIDEOS]
- PS4 News: An Update On Project Morpheus And 2 More Games Coming To It
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff