inFamous: Second Son vs. Titanfall: inFamous: First Light Gets a Release Date; Titanfall’s Single-Player Still Possible
By Gel Galang | June 27, 2014 11:47 AM EST
The upcoming expansion to the PS4 exclusive game "infamous: Second Son" titled "First Light" has finally gotten a definitive release date from the developer.
A prop depicting a character from the video game "Titanfall" is on display before the opening day of the Electronic Entertainment Expo, or E3, in Los Angeles, California June 9, 2014. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni
— Sucker Punch (@SuckerPunchProd) June 25, 2014
As seen in the tweet above, "inFamous: First Light" will feature Abigail "Fetch" Walker, a returning character that brings with her quite the heavy backgrounder.
In an earlier blog post by Sucker Punch Productions, the developers detailed that the player will get to take on the role of Fetch and see her transformation from the time that she was captured by the DUP to how her life had played out during "Second Son."
"inFamous: First Light" also promises a lot of new environments beyond Seattle, including Curden Cay, as well as some powers that are unique to Fetch's character.
And for those who have come to love the Photo Mode in "inFamous: Second Son," "First Light" will also be taking advantage of this feature. "inFamous: First Light" will be coming to your PS4 consoles on August 26 and 27.
Respawn Entertainment: 'Titanfall' Single-player Not Impossible
Way back before "Titanfall" was released to the Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC platforms, a lot of players were every skeptical about the fact that it was a multiplayer-only game. Considering the exciting concept of the game, the issues that usually plague multiplayer games such as server issues and lagging, many though that it won't live up to the hype that it created.
Now that it has already been out for quite some time--with much of the hype justified--the developers are now turning towards the future of the "Titanfall" franchise.
In an exclusive with Game Informer, Respawn COO Dustry Welch has revealed some key details on how they see "Titanfall" as a franchise.
One of the things revealed is that, though "God of War III" creative director and experienced single-player creator Stig Asmussen has recently joined the company, he is not joining the "Titanfall" team. He is, however, open to contributing to the possible single-player campaign plans for the title, should they come up.
Welch has also stated that the multiplayer aspect of "Titanfall" will be reexamined, while also hinting at the consideration for future single-player possibilities for the title. At the same time, the multiplayer foundation of "Titanfall" is not going anywhere anytime soon.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- Skype Gets A New Exclusive Feature On The Windows Phone
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]