Drake Risks Flirting with Skylar Diggins: Speculated to Make Rihanna Jealous
By Sonalee singh | June 27, 2014 11:38 AM EST
In what seems like a move to make Rihanna jealous, Drake posted a picture of himself with WNBA star, Skylar Diggins on Instagram. In the picture it looked like as if the rapper is trying to win Diggins heart.However, after Drake posted the picture he received a lot of negative comments from his fans.
Singer Rihanna is photographed as she arrives at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014. REUTERS/Lucy Nicholson
The picture led to a major backlash; so much that Drake's friend, OB O'Brien, had to post a slew of videos in Drake's defense, saying Skylar is nothing but just a talented basketball player to Drake.
For those who do not know, Diggins already has a boyfriend- Daniel Smith- and she is understood to be in a committed relationship. Reportedly, fans wanted Drake to back off.
"It's sexist and I wont stand for it. You want to be verbal bullies to my dog Champagne, when the fact is he is a fan of how she plays the game," said OB in the first video.
Interestingly, this is not the first time that Drake has posted a picture with a woman on his social media account. Since breaking up with Rihanna, there have been many occasions when Drake has gone ahead and posted pictures with his various girl friends.
RiRi and Drake broke-up after three months of dating. One of Drake's good friends dropped a hint as to why the two broke-up. She suggested during the promotion of her new album "The Pink Print" that when two lovers are famous and rich, it becomes hard for them to sustain the relationship.
"I don't know about guys in the industry. I don't know about artists... I think like two artists, that's hard," repoted Hollywoodlife.
Moreover, when rumors of the couple's break-up surfaced it was said that RiRi wanted a fairytale romance and Drake did not want to commit.
"She likes him but it's hard when a man tells his bi**h that they have to pump the breaks on the relationship so he can go out there and grind," a source had told Hollywoodlife.
"It's not like Rihanna asks him to buy her anything. All she wanted was the fairytale, you know, the sh*t he promised her but again, epic fail."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Kendra Wilkinson's Divorce Troubles: Hank Baskett Cheated Before Allegedly Caught with Transexual Model - Reports
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- The Bachelor Update: Find Out if Juan Pablo and Nikki Ferrell Are Still With Each Other
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell
- Hilary Duff's New Music Video Chasing the Sun Goes Viral on YouTube [WATCH VIDEO]
- LeBron James to Return to Miami, Face Heat on Christmas Day 2014
- Shanghai Stock Exchange Will Not Extend Trading Hours
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report