Batman: Arkham Knight Release Date Update: DLC Contents Revealed by Sony and Microsoft
By Karla Danica Figuerres | June 27, 2014 11:38 AM EST
There are still no formal statements coming from Rocksteady Studios about the confirmation of the upcoming "Batman: Arkham Knight" not yet being ready for its official launch date on October 2014. Despite the bad news, there is at least one console manufacturer willing to make a "Batman: Arkham Knight" release date happen soon, making its largest competitor willing to offer new information on the first part of "Batman: Arkham Knight" DLC.
Phil Spencer, head of Microsoft's Xbox division and Microsoft Studios, speaks during the Xbox E3 Media Briefing at the University of Southern California's Galen Center in Los Angeles, California June 9, 2014.
As said by Microsoft, "Batman: Arkham Knight" will have its release debut on Feb. 24 2015, a date that is the same with game's launch of "The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt" giving it a direct competition. But until now, the date is still not settled by the executives of Rocksteady Studios or Warner Bros.
The listing has since been updated, but not before VG24/7 and several other sites picked up the story. Unluckily, none of these three have given any comment on the story at this point.
Thus far, we don't only have information about the release date of "Batman: Arkham Knight" they are also other information, Polygon gathered new details on the game's PS4-exclusive DLC content; an add-on that was first exposed through the annual Sony pre-E3 press conference. There was a short report or description of the "Batman: Arkham Knight Scarecrow Nightmare Pack" released on the PlayStation Store listing for the game, showing the console-exclusive DLC would witness Dark Knight fighting against a giant version of the Scarecrow.
But still, it is not yet clear if the PS4-exclusive DLC will be a timed-exclusive, or if the "Batman: Arkham Knight" add-on will be issued sometime after the game was launched. The fight between Giant Scarecrow and Batman and the Batmobile is maybe one of the gaming community's biggest dream matches.
If you still haven't seen this, try watching the "Batman: Arkham Knight" segment from Sony's E3 2014 press conference, and let others know about what you can say about the debut of "Batman: Arkham Knight."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments