Ariana Grande to Bring Back MTV's Hit Show Total Request Live for One Day, Will Debut New Song Break Free
By nidhi tewari | June 27, 2014 10:47 AM EST
All the Ariana Grande fans should keep themselves free on July 2 as MTV is bringing back their hit show Total Request Live (TRL) for one day with her. The 21-year-old artist will debut her new song "Break Free" on MTV's most popular show, which is just being revived for Ariana for one day!
Ariana Grande performs during the MuchMusic Video Awards (MMVA) in Toronto, June 15, 2014.
Watch Ariana Grande Kill it with Sexy Performance of 'Problem' at iHeartRadio Music Awards [SEE VIDEO]
MTV on Wednesday announced that the TRL will now be named Total Ariana Live and will be aired for a 30-minute special with Ariana Grande on July 2 at 7 p.m. ET/PT. For non-U.S. viewers, the episode will be available on-demand after the main telecast. Total Ariana Live" will be broadcast from MTV's Times Square studio with MTV News' host Sway Calloway.
There will be two rounds that the "Tattooed Heart" singer will play. In each round, the talented singer will spin two giant wheels: one with song title and one in vocal styles. Whatever option the wheel stops at, she will have to sing that kind of song.
Grande is expected to mesmerize the audience with her latest chart topping number "Problem" and also debut her upcoming single "Break Free." Calloway is also expected to test Grande's hip-hop knowledge in a "Hip Hop Mix Up" game along with a surprise announcement.
"It's a huge honor to be able to bring back a show like 'TRL,' I used to love watching it growing up. Can't wait to celebrate with my loves in Times Square. Might have some surprises too," Grande said in a statement, according to Billboard.
The bosses at MTV too love the "Problem" singer and have expressed their excitement to have Ariana revive the TRL for one day. "Only one artist has the power to turn the lights back on at 1515 Broadway in the iconic 'TRL' studios, and that's Ariana Grande. The transformation to 'Total Ariana Live' represents her one-of-a-kind star power combined with MTV's immense multimedia platform, setting the stage for the ultimate global partnership," said Charlie Walk, executive vp Republic Records, to which Grande is signed.
The original TRL ran from 1998-2008 and was hosted by Carson Daly and Damien Fahey. The show was quite popular back then and aired 2,247 episodes during its successful ten years.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS