Ariana Grande to Bring Back MTV's Hit Show Total Request Live for One Day, Will Debut New Song Break Free
By nidhi tewari | June 27, 2014 10:47 AM EST
All the Ariana Grande fans should keep themselves free on July 2 as MTV is bringing back their hit show Total Request Live (TRL) for one day with her. The 21-year-old artist will debut her new song "Break Free" on MTV's most popular show, which is just being revived for Ariana for one day!
Ariana Grande performs during the MuchMusic Video Awards (MMVA) in Toronto, June 15, 2014.
MTV on Wednesday announced that the TRL will now be named Total Ariana Live and will be aired for a 30-minute special with Ariana Grande on July 2 at 7 p.m. ET/PT. For non-U.S. viewers, the episode will be available on-demand after the main telecast. Total Ariana Live" will be broadcast from MTV's Times Square studio with MTV News' host Sway Calloway.
There will be two rounds that the "Tattooed Heart" singer will play. In each round, the talented singer will spin two giant wheels: one with song title and one in vocal styles. Whatever option the wheel stops at, she will have to sing that kind of song.
Grande is expected to mesmerize the audience with her latest chart topping number "Problem" and also debut her upcoming single "Break Free." Calloway is also expected to test Grande's hip-hop knowledge in a "Hip Hop Mix Up" game along with a surprise announcement.
"It's a huge honor to be able to bring back a show like 'TRL,' I used to love watching it growing up. Can't wait to celebrate with my loves in Times Square. Might have some surprises too," Grande said in a statement, according to Billboard.
The bosses at MTV too love the "Problem" singer and have expressed their excitement to have Ariana revive the TRL for one day. "Only one artist has the power to turn the lights back on at 1515 Broadway in the iconic 'TRL' studios, and that's Ariana Grande. The transformation to 'Total Ariana Live' represents her one-of-a-kind star power combined with MTV's immense multimedia platform, setting the stage for the ultimate global partnership," said Charlie Walk, executive vp Republic Records, to which Grande is signed.
The original TRL ran from 1998-2008 and was hosted by Carson Daly and Damien Fahey. The show was quite popular back then and aired 2,247 episodes during its successful ten years.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions