Glastonbury Festival 2014: The Bands and Locations
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | June 27, 2014 10:40 AM EST
For five days, music enthusiasts from United Kingdom and nearby places will be grandly entertained like no other with the huge music feast at the Glastonbury Festival 2014. The festival runs from Wednesday June 25 to Sunday June 29 at the sprawling 1,100 acres land of Worthy Farm, Pilton, Shepton Mallet, Somerset, United Kingdom.
Festival goers relax at Worthy Farm in Somerset as the sun sets on the first day of the Glastonbury music festival June 25, 2014. Picture taken June 25, 2014.
The festival features vibrant, colourful, spontaneous, and hugely entertaining music from every genre imaginable from cabaret, children's entertainment, theatre, circus, poetry, healing, green crafts. There are over 100 stages of performers that people from ages 13 and above and choose from.
Based on the officially confirmed record from eFestivals Web site, here are the bands to watch out on Friday June June 27, 2014.
At the Pyramid Stage, expect the performances of Arcade Fire, Elbow, Lily Allen, Rudimental, De La Soul, Rodrigo Y Gabriela, The War on Drugs, and Turtle Island. See the Skrillex, Paolo Nutini, Interpol, Foster the People, HAIM, band of Skulls, John Newman, and Blondie at The Other Stage.
MIA, Jurassic 5, tUne-yArDs, Vintage Trouble, Sun Ra Arkestra, Deltron 3030, The Stepkids, and London Sinfonietta & Johny Greenwood will be performing at West Holts Stage. At The Park Stage, guests can expect Metronomy, Four Tet, The 2 Bears, Danny Brown, Parquet Courts, Jimi Goodwin, Courtney Barnett, Don Cavalli, Bipolar Sunshine, and All We Are.
Meanwhile, Kaiser Chiefs, Lykke Li, Chvrches, Wild Beasts, Crystal Fighters, Polica, Temples, Drenge, Jungle, Money for Rope, and Echo and The Empress can be seen at John Peel Stage. At the Acoustic Stage, guests will be entertained by Tinariwen, The Blues Band, Dr. Feelgood, The Fisherman's Friend, Tony Joe White, Holly White, Danny and the Champions of the World, Hozier, The Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band, and James Bay.
The Selecter, Newton Faulkner, Sophie Ellis-Bextor, Hazel O'Connor, Hudson Taylor, Michael Kiwanuka, Blackbeard's Tea Party, and Hobo Jones & The Junkyard Dogs will perform at Avalon Stage. At the Letfield Stage, guests will be able to watch Billy Bragg, Speech Debelle, The Tuts, Robin Ince, Kim Churchill, Lucy Ward, and The Young'Uns.
Guests will also be entertained at The Glade by DJ Ants, System7vGong, Monkey Pilot, Stanton Warriors, Son of Kick, Dub Pistols, Dreadzone, Mad Professor ft, General Levy & Joe Ariwa, Shaolin Astronauts, Gringko Ska, Lewah and Alama 3. At Sonic, guests can watch the performances of Ritchie Hawtin, Loco Dice, Maya Jane Coles, Eats Everything, Tiga, Gordon City, Bondax, and Hannah Wants.
There will also be various performances to watch at Wow! Stage, The Guilty, La Pussy Parture Nouveau, The Blues, HEDS Party in the Sonic, BBC Introducing, The Rabbit Hole, and Crows Nest. Guests may also go to Stonebridge Bar, The Bimble Inn, The Temple (The Common), The Cave (The Common), Run Shack (The Common), The Totem Gardens (The Common), Acid Lounge (The Unfairground), and Bez's Acid House (The Unfairground). They may also prefer to be entertained at Salon Carousel (The Unfairground), Genosys (Block 9), NYC Downlow (Block 9), The London Underground (Block 9), and The Downlow Radio (Block 9).
Alternately, there are also various shows to watch at Heaven Stage (Shangri-La), Hell Stage (Shangri-La), Bar of Ideas (Shangri-La), Snakepit (Shangri-La), LBHQ-Million Bullet Club, Gaz's Rocket Lounge (Shangri-La), Deluxe Dinner (Shangri-La), Small World Stage (Green Futures Field), Greenpeace Field, Toad Hall (Green Futures Field), and Groovie Movie.
There are also various entertainments at Croissant Neuf Big Top, Astrolabe Theatre, Summer House, Mandala Stage (Green Futures Field), Circus Big Top, Outside Circus Stage, Poetry & Works Stage, Mavericks Stage,and Sensation Sneakers Stage. Entertainment also runs high at Cabaret Marquee, Beat Hotel, Williams Green Stage, Arcadia, Avalon Café, Babylon Bandstand, HMS Sweet Charity, Glasto Latino, Kids Field Big Top, Storytellers Tent, Circus Central, The Pavement, The Gateway, and A Little More Sensation. Those who wanted to see more entertainment may also opt to go to Bella's Bridge, La Folly, Glebeland, The Spaceport (Glade), Glade Lounge, The Spike (Glade), Copperdollar Stage (The Common), Ancient Futures (Tipi Field), Despacio (Silver Hayes), and Kitz Field.
Indeed, entertainment is limitless at the Glastonbury Festival 2014. Guests just have to choose which bands to watch and which location to heed to.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft