Doctor Strange To Introduce Extra-Dimensional Marvel Characters Like The Watcher and Ego
By Tanya Diente | June 27, 2014 10:37 AM EST
Doctor Strange may not be a mainstream character in the Marvel Universe but he is important according to Kevin Feige, since he is going to introduce a massive wave of inter-dimensional Marvel characters into Marvel's cinematic universe, like The Watcher and Ego.
Actor Samuel L. Jackson arrives for the American Theatre Wing's 68th annual Tony Awards at Radio City Music Hall in New York, June 8, 2014.
Marvel is about to enter Phase 3 into its cinematic universe and with this fans are slowly being introduced to new characters such as Ant-Man and Vision and Scarlet Witch in "Avengers: Age of Ultron."
In 2016, Doctor Strange will also be introduced and based on Kevin Feige's latest statements, Strange is going to bring along some other Marvel characters as well.
During a CineEurope conference in Barcelona, Kevin Feige participated in a Q&A in which he gave updates on all manner of Marvel movie projects including "Doctor Strange."
According to Totalfilm, during the conference Feige talked about how he's been interested in Doctor Strange for many years and he's talked about the character in his interviews possibly for 14 years. He also believes it's important to explore other side of the Marvel comic book universe. Now that the cosmic side of the Marvel universe has been explored with "Thor," "Avengers" and with "Guardians of the Galaxy," he feels that it's time to explore the supernatural side.
"Doctor Strange is, I believe, our entry point into that other realm, which has dozens of characters and storylines all of its own," he said.
Feige believes Doctor Strange is an important character not just because he is an amazing character study, but he is going to open up a whole other side of storytelling for the Marvel cinematic universe.
In other words, Doctor Strange should introduce a number of supernatural characters into the Marvel cinematic universe. These characters may not necessarily have to be his allies or rivals, but will mostly solidify the vast expanse of the Marvel universe.
According to cinemablend these characters could include extra-dimensional beings like The Watcher, Ego, The Living Planet, or the In-Betweener. Even Marvel's most inspired creations, the powerful humanoid cosmic entity the Living Tribunal may be introduced as well.
Kevin Feige added that in the next month or two they would probably start casting for "Doctor Strange" and announcing the actor too. Then they would begin production in the spring of next year.
Source:YouTube/Mr . Sunday Movies
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Men’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 – Wawrinka, Nadal, Djokovic, and Cilic
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- Paul Walker's Daughter Paid Heart Touching Tribute To Her Father On His Birthday
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date
- Australia's Imam Council Rebuffs Abbott Decision To Send Troops; Wants 'Islamic' Dropped From ISIS
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown