Doctor Strange To Introduce Extra-Dimensional Marvel Characters Like The Watcher and Ego
By Tanya Diente | June 27, 2014 10:37 AM EST
Doctor Strange may not be a mainstream character in the Marvel Universe but he is important according to Kevin Feige, since he is going to introduce a massive wave of inter-dimensional Marvel characters into Marvel's cinematic universe, like The Watcher and Ego.
Actor Samuel L. Jackson arrives for the American Theatre Wing's 68th annual Tony Awards at Radio City Music Hall in New York, June 8, 2014.
Marvel is about to enter Phase 3 into its cinematic universe and with this fans are slowly being introduced to new characters such as Ant-Man and Vision and Scarlet Witch in "Avengers: Age of Ultron."
In 2016, Doctor Strange will also be introduced and based on Kevin Feige's latest statements, Strange is going to bring along some other Marvel characters as well.
During a CineEurope conference in Barcelona, Kevin Feige participated in a Q&A in which he gave updates on all manner of Marvel movie projects including "Doctor Strange."
According to Totalfilm, during the conference Feige talked about how he's been interested in Doctor Strange for many years and he's talked about the character in his interviews possibly for 14 years. He also believes it's important to explore other side of the Marvel comic book universe. Now that the cosmic side of the Marvel universe has been explored with "Thor," "Avengers" and with "Guardians of the Galaxy," he feels that it's time to explore the supernatural side.
"Doctor Strange is, I believe, our entry point into that other realm, which has dozens of characters and storylines all of its own," he said.
Feige believes Doctor Strange is an important character not just because he is an amazing character study, but he is going to open up a whole other side of storytelling for the Marvel cinematic universe.
In other words, Doctor Strange should introduce a number of supernatural characters into the Marvel cinematic universe. These characters may not necessarily have to be his allies or rivals, but will mostly solidify the vast expanse of the Marvel universe.
According to cinemablend these characters could include extra-dimensional beings like The Watcher, Ego, The Living Planet, or the In-Betweener. Even Marvel's most inspired creations, the powerful humanoid cosmic entity the Living Tribunal may be introduced as well.
Kevin Feige added that in the next month or two they would probably start casting for "Doctor Strange" and announcing the actor too. Then they would begin production in the spring of next year.
Source:YouTube/Mr . Sunday Movies
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'