HTC Desire 816 vs. iPhone 5S Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | June 27, 2014 10:32 AM EST
For readers who are considering buying the HTC Desire 816 or the iPhone 5S, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
A woman holds her new Apple iPhone 5S after buying it at an Apple Store at Tokyo's Ginza shopping district September 20, 2013. REUTERS/Toru Hanai
Display and Design
The HTC Desire 816 comes with a 5.5-inch Super LCD2 capacitive touch screen, rendering 720 x 1280 pixels resolution. The iPhone 5S comes with a 4-inch LED-backlit IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, rendering 640 x 1136 pixels resolution.
The iPhone 5S has a clear edge in this category with a 326 ppi pixel display density compared to the 267 ppi pixel display density on the iPhone 5S.
The HTC Desire 816 comes with 156.6 x 78.7 x 8 mm dimensions and weighs 165 grams. The iPhone 5S comes with 123.8 x 58.6 x 7.6 mm dimensions and weighs 112 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The HTC Desire 816 is equipped with a 1.6 GHz quad core cortex A7 processor and Qualcomm MSM8928 Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a Micro SD card.
The iPhone 5S is equipped with a 1.3 GHz dual core cyclone processor and Apple A7 chipset. It comes in 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB internal memory variants and no Micro SD slot for additional memory.
The HTC Desire 816 runs on the Android KitKat operating system and has 1.5 GB of RAM. The iPhone 5S runs on the iOS 7 operating system and has 1 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power the Desire 816 has a slight edge comparatively.
The HTC Desire 816 sports a 13 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 5 MP. The iPhone 5S sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.2 MP.
The HTC Desire 816 comes with a non-removable Li-Po 2600 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 21 hours on 3G. The iPhone 5S comes with a non-removable Li-Po 1560 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 10 hours on 3G.
Price in Australia
The HTC Desire 816 Dual Sim is priced at around AU $379.95. The iPhone 5S 16 GB is priced at around AU $799.95, the 32 GB variant is priced at around AU $939.95 and the 64 GB variant is priced at around AU $999.95 in Australia.
iPhone 6 New Features Rumoured to Include Temperature, Air Pressure, and Altitude Sensors [Read]
LG G3 vs. HTC One M8 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports