Liverpool FC Transfer News: Discussions Involving Sevilla Defender Called Off, Says Club Official
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 27, 2014 4:26 AM EST
Sevilla defender Alberto Moreno will remain at the Estadio Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan, at least, for the time being, as discussions in bringing him to Liverpool have been called off, according to La Liga outfit's sporting director Ramon Rodriguez Verdejo.
“The matter of Alberto is practically settled. We couldn’t reach an agreement and I don’t think it can be revived.” - Ramon Rodriguez Verdejo on Alberto Moreno
"The matter of Alberto is practically settled. We couldn't reach an agreement and I don't think it can be revived," he told Marca.
"It was a great offer, but the player is only 21 years old and it's possible that the catharsis of being with the national team had a positive effect."
He, however, did not rule out the possibility that the highly-rated left-back, who was a part of Spain's 23-man lineup in the World Cup, could head elsewhere within the current transfer window.
"He has a lot of room to grow and the coach is very happy to have him. I don't think we'll make a lot of moves, but if on August 14 a club comes along and they give you a mountain of cash, well....I know you don't like to hear it, but we are economic managers," he added.
"My feeling is that the negotiations are paralysed and I don't see any hint that they will be restarted. We put a price on our players which we believe to be appropriate. Whoever wants to buy, can buy, and if you can't..."
"Also, with the sale of (Ivan) Rakitic, our needs were covered. We don't have the burden we had at other times."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports