Liverpool FC Transfer News: Discussions Involving Sevilla Defender Called Off, Says Club Official
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 27, 2014 4:26 AM EST
Sevilla defender Alberto Moreno will remain at the Estadio Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan, at least, for the time being, as discussions in bringing him to Liverpool have been called off, according to La Liga outfit's sporting director Ramon Rodriguez Verdejo.
“The matter of Alberto is practically settled. We couldn’t reach an agreement and I don’t think it can be revived.” - Ramon Rodriguez Verdejo on Alberto Moreno
"The matter of Alberto is practically settled. We couldn't reach an agreement and I don't think it can be revived," he told Marca.
"It was a great offer, but the player is only 21 years old and it's possible that the catharsis of being with the national team had a positive effect."
He, however, did not rule out the possibility that the highly-rated left-back, who was a part of Spain's 23-man lineup in the World Cup, could head elsewhere within the current transfer window.
"He has a lot of room to grow and the coach is very happy to have him. I don't think we'll make a lot of moves, but if on August 14 a club comes along and they give you a mountain of cash, well....I know you don't like to hear it, but we are economic managers," he added.
"My feeling is that the negotiations are paralysed and I don't see any hint that they will be restarted. We put a price on our players which we believe to be appropriate. Whoever wants to buy, can buy, and if you can't..."
"Also, with the sale of (Ivan) Rakitic, our needs were covered. We don't have the burden we had at other times."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Boxing News: Pacquiao And Mayweather Might Meet 'In The First Six Months Of Next Year' - Bob Arum
- Boxing News 2014: Pacquiao Considers Ditching Jessica Sanchez To Sing Philippine National Anthem In Favour Of Born-Again Pastors; Stallone & Schwarzenegger to Watch Bout
- Michael Phelps' Lover Reveals She Was Born Intersex In Lengthy Facebook Post
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports