Liverpool FC Transfer News: Discussions Involving Sevilla Defender Called Off, Says Club Official
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 27, 2014 4:26 AM EST
Sevilla defender Alberto Moreno will remain at the Estadio Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan, at least, for the time being, as discussions in bringing him to Liverpool have been called off, according to La Liga outfit's sporting director Ramon Rodriguez Verdejo.
“The matter of Alberto is practically settled. We couldn’t reach an agreement and I don’t think it can be revived.” - Ramon Rodriguez Verdejo on Alberto Moreno
"The matter of Alberto is practically settled. We couldn't reach an agreement and I don't think it can be revived," he told Marca.
"It was a great offer, but the player is only 21 years old and it's possible that the catharsis of being with the national team had a positive effect."
He, however, did not rule out the possibility that the highly-rated left-back, who was a part of Spain's 23-man lineup in the World Cup, could head elsewhere within the current transfer window.
"He has a lot of room to grow and the coach is very happy to have him. I don't think we'll make a lot of moves, but if on August 14 a club comes along and they give you a mountain of cash, well....I know you don't like to hear it, but we are economic managers," he added.
"My feeling is that the negotiations are paralysed and I don't see any hint that they will be restarted. We put a price on our players which we believe to be appropriate. Whoever wants to buy, can buy, and if you can't..."
"Also, with the sale of (Ivan) Rakitic, our needs were covered. We don't have the burden we had at other times."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Chelsea FC: Thibaut Courtois Thanks Cech For Tips Following Injury Scare, Not Ready To Relinquish No. 1 Spot
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch