Arsenal FC Transfer News: Gunners Defender Insists that Man City Move is 'not about Money'
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 27, 2014 3:14 AM EST
Arsenal defender Bacary Sagna insists that his recent move to Premier League rivals Manchester City has nothing to do with the wages that he is going to receive.
The 31-year-old spent seven seasons with the north London club and has decided that it's time to move on to a new chapter in his playing career this June.
“For people who think it’s for money, it’s not. I just wanted to change. I needed a boost in my career and I think it was about time.” - Bacary Sagna
"I'm going to clear everything up because I keep reading that I did it for money and I'm greedy," he told the London Evening Standard.
"What I want to say is I stayed with Arsenal with the same contract since 2008 and I never asked for more money."
"For people who think it's for money, it's not. I just wanted to change. I needed a boost in my career and I think it was about time."
Sagna will reportedly be handed £120,000 a week at the Etihad on a free-transfer, far from the £70,000 that the Gunners had offered him, in an attempt to convince him to stay at the Emirates after his contract had run out.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Rhonda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen