Arsenal FC Transfer News: Gunners Defender Insists that Man City Move is 'not about Money'
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 27, 2014 3:14 AM EST
Arsenal defender Bacary Sagna insists that his recent move to Premier League rivals Manchester City has nothing to do with the wages that he is going to receive.
The 31-year-old spent seven seasons with the north London club and has decided that it's time to move on to a new chapter in his playing career this June.
“For people who think it’s for money, it’s not. I just wanted to change. I needed a boost in my career and I think it was about time.” - Bacary Sagna
"I'm going to clear everything up because I keep reading that I did it for money and I'm greedy," he told the London Evening Standard.
"What I want to say is I stayed with Arsenal with the same contract since 2008 and I never asked for more money."
"For people who think it's for money, it's not. I just wanted to change. I needed a boost in my career and I think it was about time."
Sagna will reportedly be handed £120,000 a week at the Etihad on a free-transfer, far from the £70,000 that the Gunners had offered him, in an attempt to convince him to stay at the Emirates after his contract had run out.
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- LA Lakers: Kobe Bryant Attributes Past Outburst Against Dwight Howard To 'Heat Of The Moment,' Doesn't Feel The Same Way As Durant Does
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Battery Life Test Shows Its Curved Display And Build Has Impacted Its Battery Performance