2014 World Cup: USA v Germany Preview and Free Live Streaming Information
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 27, 2014 2:03 AM EST
A draw will be enough to get them - USA and Germany - through to the knockout stages, but neither side is apparently willing to settle with such an outcome.
Germany's Muller is seen during a team warm-up in the rain before their 2014 World Cup Group G soccer match against the U.S. at the Pernambuco arena in Recife
Meanwhile, Ghana and Portugal are hoping that one of the aforementioned teams wins the match, as it gives one of them a chance to qualify on goal difference.
Jurgen Klinsmann is determined to take his squad to the top of group G, going as far as trying to convince establishment employers to give their employees a day off to support the national team.
"I understand that this absence may reduce the productivity of your workplace, but I can assure you that it is for an important cause," the note, signed by the 49-year-old, read on Twitter.
"The #USMNT has a critical World Cup game vs Germany and we will need the full support of the nation if we are to advance to the next round."
"By the way, you should act like a good leader and take the day off as well. Go USA! Signed Jurgen Klinsmann, Head Coach, US National team."
The former Wolrd Cup winner is confident that his charges will give the opposition a run for their money despite being tagged as underdogs.
"We have that fighting spirit and determination to do well in every game. We want to go at Germany, win the game and be in the driving seat for the next round. The Portugal performance shows how far we have made it already," he added.
"We have one foot in the door of the second round. We just need to put the second foot in there now."
Projected Starters (4-2-3-1): Howard; Beasley, Johnson, Besler, Gonzalez; Beckerman, Jones; Davis, Zusi, Bradley; Dempsey
Injured/Doubtful: Jozy Altidore
Joachim Low will look to maximise his squad's firepower, looking to send his players forward for an expected barrage of attacks.
"We are both ambitious and many times we read in the media there is an agreement that we won't attack," said Low.
"No. When we go on the pitch, we want to win. We run the risk of playing an offensive game and our relationship will continue regardless of the result."
Star attacker Thomas Muller will be very much available for the match after suffering a cut on his face during the match against Ghana.
"Do not worry, I'm well again. My cut was expertly sewn from Doc after playing with five stitches, so I already have a clear view, even if the eye is still a little green and blue," the Bayern Munich man posted on his Facebook account.
Projected Starters (4-3-3): Neuer; Howedes, Shkodran, Hummels, Mertesacker; Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Lahm; Podolski, Ozil, Muller
Injured/Doubtful: Jerome Boateng
Schedule and Free Live Stream Information (Click on the links below):
Kick-off: 2 am, June 26, 2014 (Sydney Time)
Coverage via ESPN
Coverage via BBC
U.S. - [here]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Lionel Messi's Gunners Link a Ploy to Receive Improved Deal
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon