2014 World Cup: USA v Germany Preview and Free Live Streaming Information
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 27, 2014 2:03 AM EST
A draw will be enough to get them - USA and Germany - through to the knockout stages, but neither side is apparently willing to settle with such an outcome.
Germany's Muller is seen during a team warm-up in the rain before their 2014 World Cup Group G soccer match against the U.S. at the Pernambuco arena in Recife
Meanwhile, Ghana and Portugal are hoping that one of the aforementioned teams wins the match, as it gives one of them a chance to qualify on goal difference.
Jurgen Klinsmann is determined to take his squad to the top of group G, going as far as trying to convince establishment employers to give their employees a day off to support the national team.
"I understand that this absence may reduce the productivity of your workplace, but I can assure you that it is for an important cause," the note, signed by the 49-year-old, read on Twitter.
"The #USMNT has a critical World Cup game vs Germany and we will need the full support of the nation if we are to advance to the next round."
"By the way, you should act like a good leader and take the day off as well. Go USA! Signed Jurgen Klinsmann, Head Coach, US National team."
The former Wolrd Cup winner is confident that his charges will give the opposition a run for their money despite being tagged as underdogs.
"We have that fighting spirit and determination to do well in every game. We want to go at Germany, win the game and be in the driving seat for the next round. The Portugal performance shows how far we have made it already," he added.
"We have one foot in the door of the second round. We just need to put the second foot in there now."
Projected Starters (4-2-3-1): Howard; Beasley, Johnson, Besler, Gonzalez; Beckerman, Jones; Davis, Zusi, Bradley; Dempsey
Injured/Doubtful: Jozy Altidore
Joachim Low will look to maximise his squad's firepower, looking to send his players forward for an expected barrage of attacks.
"We are both ambitious and many times we read in the media there is an agreement that we won't attack," said Low.
"No. When we go on the pitch, we want to win. We run the risk of playing an offensive game and our relationship will continue regardless of the result."
Star attacker Thomas Muller will be very much available for the match after suffering a cut on his face during the match against Ghana.
"Do not worry, I'm well again. My cut was expertly sewn from Doc after playing with five stitches, so I already have a clear view, even if the eye is still a little green and blue," the Bayern Munich man posted on his Facebook account.
Projected Starters (4-3-3): Neuer; Howedes, Shkodran, Hummels, Mertesacker; Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Lahm; Podolski, Ozil, Muller
Injured/Doubtful: Jerome Boateng
Schedule and Free Live Stream Information (Click on the links below):
Kick-off: 2 am, June 26, 2014 (Sydney Time)
Coverage via ESPN
Coverage via BBC
U.S. - [here]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Happy Houston Rockets Sent Him To LA Lakers
- Jeremy Lin's Trade To Los Angeles Lakers Is An Opportunity To Reinvent His Brand
- American Heavyweight Boxer Amir Mansour Says It’s Disrespectful For 50 Cent To Take Jabs At Floyd Mayweather On Social Media
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group B Preview, Schedule and Key Players: Argentina, Greece, Croatia Favourites To Top Opening Round
- Emmys 2014 Projected Winners: Betting Odds Favour “Orange is the New Black”, “Breaking Bad”
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown