2014 World Cup: USA v Germany Preview and Free Live Streaming Information
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 27, 2014 2:03 AM EST
A draw will be enough to get them - USA and Germany - through to the knockout stages, but neither side is apparently willing to settle with such an outcome.
Germany's Muller is seen during a team warm-up in the rain before their 2014 World Cup Group G soccer match against the U.S. at the Pernambuco arena in Recife
Meanwhile, Ghana and Portugal are hoping that one of the aforementioned teams wins the match, as it gives one of them a chance to qualify on goal difference.
Jurgen Klinsmann is determined to take his squad to the top of group G, going as far as trying to convince establishment employers to give their employees a day off to support the national team.
"I understand that this absence may reduce the productivity of your workplace, but I can assure you that it is for an important cause," the note, signed by the 49-year-old, read on Twitter.
"The #USMNT has a critical World Cup game vs Germany and we will need the full support of the nation if we are to advance to the next round."
"By the way, you should act like a good leader and take the day off as well. Go USA! Signed Jurgen Klinsmann, Head Coach, US National team."
The former Wolrd Cup winner is confident that his charges will give the opposition a run for their money despite being tagged as underdogs.
"We have that fighting spirit and determination to do well in every game. We want to go at Germany, win the game and be in the driving seat for the next round. The Portugal performance shows how far we have made it already," he added.
"We have one foot in the door of the second round. We just need to put the second foot in there now."
Projected Starters (4-2-3-1): Howard; Beasley, Johnson, Besler, Gonzalez; Beckerman, Jones; Davis, Zusi, Bradley; Dempsey
Injured/Doubtful: Jozy Altidore
Joachim Low will look to maximise his squad's firepower, looking to send his players forward for an expected barrage of attacks.
"We are both ambitious and many times we read in the media there is an agreement that we won't attack," said Low.
"No. When we go on the pitch, we want to win. We run the risk of playing an offensive game and our relationship will continue regardless of the result."
Star attacker Thomas Muller will be very much available for the match after suffering a cut on his face during the match against Ghana.
"Do not worry, I'm well again. My cut was expertly sewn from Doc after playing with five stitches, so I already have a clear view, even if the eye is still a little green and blue," the Bayern Munich man posted on his Facebook account.
Projected Starters (4-3-3): Neuer; Howedes, Shkodran, Hummels, Mertesacker; Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Lahm; Podolski, Ozil, Muller
Injured/Doubtful: Jerome Boateng
Schedule and Free Live Stream Information (Click on the links below):
Kick-off: 2 am, June 26, 2014 (Sydney Time)
Coverage via ESPN
Coverage via BBC
U.S. - [here]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Who Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers