Manchester City Transfer News: Porto Holding Midfielder Headed to the Etihad for £12million
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 26, 2014 11:49 PM EST
Manchester City have successfully signed Porto holding midfielder Fernando for a reported fee of £12million.
The 26-year-old had been with the Dragons since 2007 after spending his youth and initial pro career at Vila Nova. He has a vast experience at European level, winning the Europa League during the 2010/11 season, while making numerous appearances in the Champions League.
“I am delighted that the deal has been done and that I am a City player. I am looking forward to meeting my team-mates and helping City defend the title.” - Fernando
"I am delighted that the deal has been done and that I am a City player. I am looking forward to meeting my team-mates and helping City defend the title," the Brazilian told uefa.com.
"I am delighted that the deal has been done and that I am a City player. I am looking forward to meeting my team-mates and helping City defend the title."
Fernando has yet to receive a call-up from his national side, but playing for a top side like the Eastlands-based outfit might see things change sooner rather than later.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: Spain vs. Iran Preview, Starting Lineups
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger's Take on Falcao and Rabiot
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Striker Fernando Torres Heads To AC Milan
- Top 10 WTA Fastest Tennis Serves of All Time
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Signing A Striker Is Still Considered By Wenger
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million