The Big Bang Theory Season 8 Update Round-Up: Premiere Date, Sheldon’s Location and Lisa Kudrow’s Buzz
By Anshu Shrivastava | June 26, 2014 9:24 PM EST
"The Big Bang Theory" is set to return on September 22, 2014 for its Season 8. The hugely popular show will be airing on Monday because CBS has added "Thursday Night Football" to its fall line-up.
Actor Jim Parsons accepts the Best Actor in a Comedy Series award for "The Big Bang Theory" at the 4th Annual Critics' Choice Television Awards at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, California June 19, 2014. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni
The Season 7 of the show wrapped-up with Sheldon going away after a string of events overwhelmed him. He was unable to cope-up with all the changes that were taking place. It included Penny and Leonard's sudden engagement and their planning to move in together, minus Sheldon. Sheldon felt the need to board a train so that he could get away and think. The premiere episode of "The Big Bang Theory" may reveal Sheldon's location, and it is expected that there might be some kind of change in Sheldon. The upcoming season will reveal whether it is sublte or huge.
However, there is much speculation about whether Sheldon boarded a train or not. Some fans believe that Sheldon is living off the land in Pasadena. When TV Line asked Jim Parsons about the possibility of Sheldon never getting on a train, the Emmy award winning actor, who plays Sheldon, said, "I never thought of that, but you're right -- he could show back up at home immediately, couldn't he?" Parsons recently won the award for the best actor in a comedy series at the Critics' Choice Television Awards 2014.
According to Steve Molaro, executive producer of "The Big Bang Theory," Sheldon left to process everything. There is expected to be some change in Sheldon when he returns in the new season. When asked what kind of change one can expect to see in Sheldon, whether big, or small, Molaro said to Entertainment Radio, "if you look at the history of the show over the past seven years, they've all changed quite a bit. Its a slow change, that is how we like to do it. Everybody has really grown, Sheldon, Penny, Leonard..."
Recently, Kaley Cuoco, who plays Penny, created quite a buzz when said in an interview that she would like to see "Friends" alum Lisa Kudrow playing the role of Penny's mother. In the Season 7 finale, Penny had called her mother to tell her about her engagement. If Leonard and Penny get married in Season 8, it is very much expected that Penny's mother will make an appearance, that too for the first time.
Speaking about the possibility of Penny's mom getting introduced, the actress said to TV Line, "I know, I've been waiting! I don't know what they're going to do, but I have always thought -- and I hope this doesn't offend her because I know she's super young, though we know Penny's mom got knocked up very early -- that Lisa Kudrow would be so perfect. I've said that for years. I think it would be hilarious, plus I'm a huge fan of hers, so it's a selfish wish."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage