The Big Bang Theory Season 8 Update Round-Up: Premiere Date, Sheldon’s Location and Lisa Kudrow’s Buzz
By Anshu Shrivastava | June 26, 2014 9:24 PM EST
"The Big Bang Theory" is set to return on September 22, 2014 for its Season 8. The hugely popular show will be airing on Monday because CBS has added "Thursday Night Football" to its fall line-up.
Actor Jim Parsons accepts the Best Actor in a Comedy Series award for "The Big Bang Theory" at the 4th Annual Critics' Choice Television Awards at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, California June 19, 2014. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni
The Season 7 of the show wrapped-up with Sheldon going away after a string of events overwhelmed him. He was unable to cope-up with all the changes that were taking place. It included Penny and Leonard's sudden engagement and their planning to move in together, minus Sheldon. Sheldon felt the need to board a train so that he could get away and think. The premiere episode of "The Big Bang Theory" may reveal Sheldon's location, and it is expected that there might be some kind of change in Sheldon. The upcoming season will reveal whether it is sublte or huge.
However, there is much speculation about whether Sheldon boarded a train or not. Some fans believe that Sheldon is living off the land in Pasadena. When TV Line asked Jim Parsons about the possibility of Sheldon never getting on a train, the Emmy award winning actor, who plays Sheldon, said, "I never thought of that, but you're right -- he could show back up at home immediately, couldn't he?" Parsons recently won the award for the best actor in a comedy series at the Critics' Choice Television Awards 2014.
According to Steve Molaro, executive producer of "The Big Bang Theory," Sheldon left to process everything. There is expected to be some change in Sheldon when he returns in the new season. When asked what kind of change one can expect to see in Sheldon, whether big, or small, Molaro said to Entertainment Radio, "if you look at the history of the show over the past seven years, they've all changed quite a bit. Its a slow change, that is how we like to do it. Everybody has really grown, Sheldon, Penny, Leonard..."
Recently, Kaley Cuoco, who plays Penny, created quite a buzz when said in an interview that she would like to see "Friends" alum Lisa Kudrow playing the role of Penny's mother. In the Season 7 finale, Penny had called her mother to tell her about her engagement. If Leonard and Penny get married in Season 8, it is very much expected that Penny's mother will make an appearance, that too for the first time.
Speaking about the possibility of Penny's mom getting introduced, the actress said to TV Line, "I know, I've been waiting! I don't know what they're going to do, but I have always thought -- and I hope this doesn't offend her because I know she's super young, though we know Penny's mom got knocked up very early -- that Lisa Kudrow would be so perfect. I've said that for years. I think it would be hilarious, plus I'm a huge fan of hers, so it's a selfish wish."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown