Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.1 vs. iPad Air Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | June 26, 2014 6:40 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.1 2014 or the iPad Air, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
A passenger uses an iPad to order food in a Delta terminal in LaGuardia Airport in New York June 22, 2014. Picture taken June 22, 2014. REUTERS/Adrees Latif
Display and Design
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S comes with a 10.5-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen, rendering 2560 x 1600 pixels resolution. The iPad Air comes with a 9.7-inch LED-backlit IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, rendering 1536 x 2048 pixels resolution.
The Tab S has a slight edge in this category with its 288 ppi pixel display density compared to the 264 ppi pixel display density on the iPad Air.
The Samsung Galaxy tab S comes with 247.3 x 177.3 x 6.6 mm dimensions and weighs 467 grams. The iPad Air comes with 240 x 169.5 x 7.5 mm dimensions and weighs 469 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.1 is equipped with a 1.9 GHz Octa core ARM cortex A15 and ARM cortex A7 processor and Exynos 5 Octa 5420 chipset. It comes with 32 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a Micro SD card.
The iPad Air is equipped with a 1.3 GHz dual core cyclone processor and Apple A7 chipset. It comes with 16 GB, 32 GB, 64 GB and 128 GB internal memory variants and no Micro SD slot for additional memory.
The Galaxy Tab S runs on the Android KitKat operating system and has 3 GB of RAM. The iPad Air runs on the iOS 7 operating system and has 1 GB of RAM. The Galaxy tab S is the clear winner in this category primarily due to a better RAM on the device.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2.1 MP. The iPad Air sports a 5 MP primary camera with autofocus and the secondary camera on the device is 1.2 MP.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.1 comes with a 7,900 mAh battery and the iPad Air comes with a non-removable Li-Po 8,820 battery.
Price in Australia
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.1 16 GB Wi-Fi variant is priced at around AU $549.95 and the 16 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $719.95. The iPad Air 16 GB Wi-Fi is priced at around AU $569.95, the 32 GB variant is priced at around AU $669.95, the 64 GB variant is priced at around AU $799.95 and the 128 GB variant is priced at around AU $919.95 in Australia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Practical Reasons Why Choose Latest Nexus Smartphone
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery