Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.1 vs. iPad Air Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | June 26, 2014 6:40 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.1 2014 or the iPad Air, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
A passenger uses an iPad to order food in a Delta terminal in LaGuardia Airport in New York June 22, 2014. Picture taken June 22, 2014. REUTERS/Adrees Latif
Display and Design
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S comes with a 10.5-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen, rendering 2560 x 1600 pixels resolution. The iPad Air comes with a 9.7-inch LED-backlit IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, rendering 1536 x 2048 pixels resolution.
The Tab S has a slight edge in this category with its 288 ppi pixel display density compared to the 264 ppi pixel display density on the iPad Air.
The Samsung Galaxy tab S comes with 247.3 x 177.3 x 6.6 mm dimensions and weighs 467 grams. The iPad Air comes with 240 x 169.5 x 7.5 mm dimensions and weighs 469 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.1 is equipped with a 1.9 GHz Octa core ARM cortex A15 and ARM cortex A7 processor and Exynos 5 Octa 5420 chipset. It comes with 32 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a Micro SD card.
The iPad Air is equipped with a 1.3 GHz dual core cyclone processor and Apple A7 chipset. It comes with 16 GB, 32 GB, 64 GB and 128 GB internal memory variants and no Micro SD slot for additional memory.
The Galaxy Tab S runs on the Android KitKat operating system and has 3 GB of RAM. The iPad Air runs on the iOS 7 operating system and has 1 GB of RAM. The Galaxy tab S is the clear winner in this category primarily due to a better RAM on the device.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2.1 MP. The iPad Air sports a 5 MP primary camera with autofocus and the secondary camera on the device is 1.2 MP.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.1 comes with a 7,900 mAh battery and the iPad Air comes with a non-removable Li-Po 8,820 battery.
Price in Australia
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.1 16 GB Wi-Fi variant is priced at around AU $549.95 and the 16 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $719.95. The iPad Air 16 GB Wi-Fi is priced at around AU $569.95, the 32 GB variant is priced at around AU $669.95, the 64 GB variant is priced at around AU $799.95 and the 128 GB variant is priced at around AU $919.95 in Australia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L Rollout Prediction: Nexus 4, Moto X, HTC One, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S4, LG G2
- 'Assassin's Creed' Update: 'Unity' And 'Rogue' Not A Multiplayer Player Game, Ubisoft Confirms
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Weekend Event For San Andreas Flight School Update And A Deals With Gold Offer
- Samsung Galaxy S4 vs. HTC One M8 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- HTC One Mini 2 vs. Nexus 5 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Update: 4 Feature Upgrades That Really Matter