Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.1 vs. iPad Air Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | June 26, 2014 6:40 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.1 2014 or the iPad Air, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
A passenger uses an iPad to order food in a Delta terminal in LaGuardia Airport in New York June 22, 2014. Picture taken June 22, 2014. REUTERS/Adrees Latif
Display and Design
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S comes with a 10.5-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen, rendering 2560 x 1600 pixels resolution. The iPad Air comes with a 9.7-inch LED-backlit IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, rendering 1536 x 2048 pixels resolution.
The Tab S has a slight edge in this category with its 288 ppi pixel display density compared to the 264 ppi pixel display density on the iPad Air.
The Samsung Galaxy tab S comes with 247.3 x 177.3 x 6.6 mm dimensions and weighs 467 grams. The iPad Air comes with 240 x 169.5 x 7.5 mm dimensions and weighs 469 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.1 is equipped with a 1.9 GHz Octa core ARM cortex A15 and ARM cortex A7 processor and Exynos 5 Octa 5420 chipset. It comes with 32 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a Micro SD card.
The iPad Air is equipped with a 1.3 GHz dual core cyclone processor and Apple A7 chipset. It comes with 16 GB, 32 GB, 64 GB and 128 GB internal memory variants and no Micro SD slot for additional memory.
The Galaxy Tab S runs on the Android KitKat operating system and has 3 GB of RAM. The iPad Air runs on the iOS 7 operating system and has 1 GB of RAM. The Galaxy tab S is the clear winner in this category primarily due to a better RAM on the device.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2.1 MP. The iPad Air sports a 5 MP primary camera with autofocus and the secondary camera on the device is 1.2 MP.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.1 comes with a 7,900 mAh battery and the iPad Air comes with a non-removable Li-Po 8,820 battery.
Price in Australia
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.1 16 GB Wi-Fi variant is priced at around AU $549.95 and the 16 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $719.95. The iPad Air 16 GB Wi-Fi is priced at around AU $569.95, the 32 GB variant is priced at around AU $669.95, the 64 GB variant is priced at around AU $799.95 and the 128 GB variant is priced at around AU $919.95 in Australia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles