Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.1 vs. iPad Air Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | June 26, 2014 6:40 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.1 2014 or the iPad Air, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
A passenger uses an iPad to order food in a Delta terminal in LaGuardia Airport in New York June 22, 2014. Picture taken June 22, 2014. REUTERS/Adrees Latif
Display and Design
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S comes with a 10.5-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen, rendering 2560 x 1600 pixels resolution. The iPad Air comes with a 9.7-inch LED-backlit IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, rendering 1536 x 2048 pixels resolution.
The Tab S has a slight edge in this category with its 288 ppi pixel display density compared to the 264 ppi pixel display density on the iPad Air.
The Samsung Galaxy tab S comes with 247.3 x 177.3 x 6.6 mm dimensions and weighs 467 grams. The iPad Air comes with 240 x 169.5 x 7.5 mm dimensions and weighs 469 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.1 is equipped with a 1.9 GHz Octa core ARM cortex A15 and ARM cortex A7 processor and Exynos 5 Octa 5420 chipset. It comes with 32 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a Micro SD card.
The iPad Air is equipped with a 1.3 GHz dual core cyclone processor and Apple A7 chipset. It comes with 16 GB, 32 GB, 64 GB and 128 GB internal memory variants and no Micro SD slot for additional memory.
The Galaxy Tab S runs on the Android KitKat operating system and has 3 GB of RAM. The iPad Air runs on the iOS 7 operating system and has 1 GB of RAM. The Galaxy tab S is the clear winner in this category primarily due to a better RAM on the device.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2.1 MP. The iPad Air sports a 5 MP primary camera with autofocus and the secondary camera on the device is 1.2 MP.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.1 comes with a 7,900 mAh battery and the iPad Air comes with a non-removable Li-Po 8,820 battery.
Price in Australia
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.1 16 GB Wi-Fi variant is priced at around AU $549.95 and the 16 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $719.95. The iPad Air 16 GB Wi-Fi is priced at around AU $569.95, the 32 GB variant is priced at around AU $669.95, the 64 GB variant is priced at around AU $799.95 and the 128 GB variant is priced at around AU $919.95 in Australia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- How To Update LG Nexus 4 To Android 4.4.4 KitKat Using LiquidSmooth Custom ROM
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’