Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.1 vs. iPad Air Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | June 26, 2014 6:40 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.1 2014 or the iPad Air, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
A passenger uses an iPad to order food in a Delta terminal in LaGuardia Airport in New York June 22, 2014. Picture taken June 22, 2014. REUTERS/Adrees Latif
Display and Design
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S comes with a 10.5-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen, rendering 2560 x 1600 pixels resolution. The iPad Air comes with a 9.7-inch LED-backlit IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, rendering 1536 x 2048 pixels resolution.
The Tab S has a slight edge in this category with its 288 ppi pixel display density compared to the 264 ppi pixel display density on the iPad Air.
The Samsung Galaxy tab S comes with 247.3 x 177.3 x 6.6 mm dimensions and weighs 467 grams. The iPad Air comes with 240 x 169.5 x 7.5 mm dimensions and weighs 469 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.1 is equipped with a 1.9 GHz Octa core ARM cortex A15 and ARM cortex A7 processor and Exynos 5 Octa 5420 chipset. It comes with 32 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a Micro SD card.
The iPad Air is equipped with a 1.3 GHz dual core cyclone processor and Apple A7 chipset. It comes with 16 GB, 32 GB, 64 GB and 128 GB internal memory variants and no Micro SD slot for additional memory.
The Galaxy Tab S runs on the Android KitKat operating system and has 3 GB of RAM. The iPad Air runs on the iOS 7 operating system and has 1 GB of RAM. The Galaxy tab S is the clear winner in this category primarily due to a better RAM on the device.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2.1 MP. The iPad Air sports a 5 MP primary camera with autofocus and the secondary camera on the device is 1.2 MP.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.1 comes with a 7,900 mAh battery and the iPad Air comes with a non-removable Li-Po 8,820 battery.
Price in Australia
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.1 16 GB Wi-Fi variant is priced at around AU $549.95 and the 16 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $719.95. The iPad Air 16 GB Wi-Fi is priced at around AU $569.95, the 32 GB variant is priced at around AU $669.95, the 64 GB variant is priced at around AU $799.95 and the 128 GB variant is priced at around AU $919.95 in Australia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Tips For LG Nexus 5: Notifications, Accessibility, Privacy And Saving Battery
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Hits Battle Frontier Plus New Discoveries
- Apple Watch: Works Only With The iPhone And The Confusing Apple WatchKit Software
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Essential Tips For Nexus 6: Camera And Entertainment, Notifications And Privacy, Battery
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' Starter Tips And Tricks: Character Creation, Combat Modes, Party, Looting, War Table
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices