New Zealand Student Captures Images of UFOs Over Otago Harbour
By Reissa Su | June 26, 2014 6:32 PM EST
A New Zealand student has captured two mysterious objects "floating" in the sky at night above Otago Harbour. Terence Huang, 25, believes the floating objects may be UFOs or aliens.
Huang took the images on the night of June 23 in Dunedin but he only noticed the two floating objects when he transferred the photos from his camera to his laptop on June 24. He said he was with a friend when he took the pictures but he didn't look closely while the pictures were being taken.
Huang said he had a "brief look" but didn't get the chance to examine them carefully because it was getting cold and they had to get home. According to Otago Daily Times, Huang revealed he had always believed in UFOs and the photos he strengthened his belief. He said he wants to go back to the same location to check on his theory and see if he can spot more UFOs.
According to Australian Skeptics UFO spokesman Steve Roberts, the photos containing "UFO-like objects" were usually caused by a "lens flare" coming from a light source. Roberts told the Daily Mail that using digital cameras can result in various effects. He said it the flares can be the result of the light from the sun bouncing around in the lens.
Roberts said the lens flares are visible at night especially if caused by a nearby street light or any sharp and bright source of light. He explained the "orbs" will not be visible to the naked eye but can only be seen in photos.
New Zealand Skeptics spokesperson Vicki Hyde said some people no longer bother with UFOs since it is now easy to "fake something." Looking at Huang's photos, she said they were more likely a reflection from the light.
Stories of UFO sightings have always interested believers. While some are sceptics, others believe they are real. Back in April, a 16-year old student was shocked to see a mysterious black ring in the sky over Learnington Spa. Georgina Heap saw the black ring believed to be from a UFO when she was playing tennis with her mum.
She said she saw the giant black ring in the sky for about three minutes before disappearing from her sight. In an interview with the Daily Star, the teenager said it was the "weirdest" thing she has ever seen. She saw the ring float like a cloud and was sure what she saw was not a bird.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Centerplate CEO Des Hague Caught Abusing Dog In Vancouver Building Elevator [VIDEO]
- Boyfriend's Welcome Home Tribute In Candles Destroys His House
- The Most Insane Facts About The American Civil War That You May Not Know
- Viral Video Kevin Droniak Grandma: Teenager Shows Grandma Their Videos Together, Grandma Gives Priceless Reaction
- Major Highlights On 1400 Minor’s Sex Assault
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko