Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 Unveils New Haunting Posters
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | June 26, 2014 5:58 PM EST
Hunger Games fans are excited for a treat from Lionsgate with the unveiling of new haunting posters for the next installment of "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1."
Cast member Jennifer Lawrence poses during a photocall for the film "The Hunger Games : Mockingjay - Part 1" at the 67th Cannes Film Festival in Cannes May 17, 2014.
The heroes, Katniss Everdeen, played by Jennifer Lawrence and Peeta, played by Josh Hutcherson, are noticeably missing from the set of posters celebrating Panem's district heroes.
Based on the set of posters available from The Capitol Web site, the propaganda-like posters showed the collection of heroes from the 12 districts in the Panem City.
For the poster in District 3, the technology district, the poster showed the 32-year-old Fibre Bissette in a white long sleeve outfit with metallic equipment attached to the face.
Fibre was holding a mainframe design with a pencil attached to the design holder. She was described in the poster as a person who has proven her fearlessness in the face of any challenge after she shorted out and quickly repaired the main frame of District 3 at age nine.
For the fishing district of District 4, the poster showed the 22-year-old Naida Dolan in brown-fish net attire holding a rope attached to a few fishes showing the day's catch. She was described in the poster as the proud daughter of a deep-sea fisherman and sixth-generation pearl diver.
The transportation district of District 6 poster showed the 31-year-old Malcolm Kastel with his greasy, sleeveless shirt and rubber pants resembling a tire. He was holding an automobile tire with his one hand. In the poster, Malcolm was described to have gasoline pumping through his veins and a person devoted to keep District 6's mission of keeping Panem moving.
For the lumber district of District 7, the poster showed the 26-year-old Elias Haan in a shirtless body full of various tattoo. He was holding a wooden leg, which was supposedly attached to his amputated right leg. A pile of wood and an axe could be seen beside him in the poster.
According to the description, the axe had been handed down to Elias Haan from his greatgrandfather as an aide-mémoire of the hardships he and his great district conquered.
The 17-year-old Triti Lancaster was featured in the grain district of District 9 poster with her short-sleeved dress topped with brown basket holder. At her back is a basket with a bundle of wheat inside that she offered to her fellow citizens of Panem after her day's work in the fields.
Meanwhile, the 35-year-old Felix Stam was featured in the livestock district of District 10. He was clad in animal's hair and holding a kid. Stam was described as a person who possessed a quiet understanding of the way of animals and the circle of life that unites everybody since he was raised among the herd.
Finally, the mining district of District 12 poster showed the six-year-old Lily Elsington with tattered attire. She was eating an apple while sitting on a bench with a gas mask placed on her lap and a broken helmet lying beside her.
She was described in the poster as a girl who captured the spirit of the next generation of District citizens: ready, willing and eager to fuel the Panem of tomorrow.
To see all the posters for "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1", please visit The Capitol Web site by clicking here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu