Nokor-U.S. War Looms on James Franco’s Comedy ‘The Interview’ [VIDEO]
By Athena Yenko | June 26, 2014 4:56 PM EST
North Korea has threatened the U.S. of a "merciless response" if the latter pushes through with the release of James Franco and Seth Rogen's comedy, "The Interview," in October this year.
North Korean leader Kim Jong Un gives field guidance to the remodelling site of the May Day Stadium in this undated photo released by North Korea's Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) in Pyongyang June 20, 2014
The Interview's plot follows two journalists taking orders from the CIA to assassinate Kim Jong-un. The film makes fun of the North Korean leader as it plays around legends that "he can speak to dolphins" and that "he never has to urinate or defecate."
A spokesman for North Korea's Foreign Ministry said the film constitutes "an act of war" and a "wanton act of terror."
"The act of making and screening such a movie that portrays an attack on our top leadership ... is a most wanton act of terror and act of war, and is absolutely intolerable," the ministry said in a statement published by the Korean Central News Agency (KCNA).
Kim Myong-chol, executive director of The Centre for North Korea-U.S. Peace and an unofficial spokesman for North Korea, tagged the upcoming movie as a showcase of desperation in the U.S. government.
"There is a special irony in this storyline as it shows the desperation of the US government and American society. A film about the assassination of a foreign leader mirrors what the US has done in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria and Ukraine. And let us not forget who killed [President John F.] Kennedy - Americans. In fact, President [Barack] Obama should be careful in case the US military wants to kill him as well," Myong-chol told The Telegraph.
Australian Foreign Affairs Minister Julie Bishop is also under the threat of North Korea following her statement saying the North Korean leader "can hardly claim legitimacy as a leader."
Bishop, apparently, hurt the dignity of the nation's supreme leader and her behavior was a mere slandering.
Her etiquette as Australia's international representative was also condemned through her statement.
"Great irony is that although she is the foreign minister of a country, she unhesitatingly let loose a spate of reckless remarks slandering the other country and interfering in its internal affairs, not properly understanding even the elementary principle of the UN Charter and the essence of the regional peace and security," the statement read.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date