Jennifer Lopez-Casper Smart Split: J-Lo Losing Weight, Under Strict Diet
By Tanya Diente | June 26, 2014 4:28 PM EST
After her split with boyfriend Casper Smart, Jennifer Lopez has reportedly lost weight, 10 pounds to be exact, because of her strict vegan diet.
Singer Jennifer Lopez (L) performs on ABC television's "Good Morning America's Summer Concert Series" in New York City's Central Park, June 20, 2014.
Extratv reported the "American Idol" judge struggled to lose 8 to 10 pounds off her weight when she had her children about six years ago. In April, she started the 22-day non-dairy and gluten-free diet plan making her quickly dropped 10 pounds.
"People are used to seeing me be kind of thickish, but when I started eating [vegan], right away I dropped like 8 to 10 pounds," Lopez told Extratv.
J-Lo said she did full vegan for almost four, five weeks, then started incorporating proteins. She said it's so much better having those vegetables, greens and plant-based stuff in a diet since it's going to change one's life and health.
She also admitted losing weight was a real change, but more than that she felt better and people were telling her that her energy's better too.
In an interview with US Weekly, J-Lo admitted the diet plan was really good so she stuck to it for a few more weeks. Currently, she adds in a little bit of fish and admitted to really enjoy it.
"But I've got to tell you, I enjoy it. I enjoy eating that way. I never did [before]. And I didn't know how good you can feel when you put healthy stuff in your body," she said.
Giving up dairy, meat and gluten gave Jennifer Lopez a leaner look. According to inquisitr, she dropped to a size 2 from a size 4 in a matter of weeks.
The 22-day vegan diet is based on the concept from Exercise Physiologist Marco Borges who founded "22 Days Nutrition," a vegan, organic and gluten-free food and lifestyle company. Like Lopez, other celebrity stars have also tried the diet, including married couple Jay Z and Beyoncé.
Borges, who is friends with Jay Z, suggested to the rapper he and Beyoncé should try the vegan diet for a few weeks. So they did and Jay Z later on shared his experience with the diet, also called as the "22-day Vegan Challenge," on his Web site.
"Psychologists have said it takes 21 days to make or break a habit. On the 22nd day, you've found the way," he wrote on his Web site, adding the diet is also a "spiritual and physical cleanse."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier