Jennifer Lopez-Casper Smart Split: J-Lo Losing Weight, Under Strict Diet
By Tanya Diente | June 26, 2014 4:28 PM EST
After her split with boyfriend Casper Smart, Jennifer Lopez has reportedly lost weight, 10 pounds to be exact, because of her strict vegan diet.
Singer Jennifer Lopez (L) performs on ABC television's "Good Morning America's Summer Concert Series" in New York City's Central Park, June 20, 2014.
Extratv reported the "American Idol" judge struggled to lose 8 to 10 pounds off her weight when she had her children about six years ago. In April, she started the 22-day non-dairy and gluten-free diet plan making her quickly dropped 10 pounds.
"People are used to seeing me be kind of thickish, but when I started eating [vegan], right away I dropped like 8 to 10 pounds," Lopez told Extratv.
J-Lo said she did full vegan for almost four, five weeks, then started incorporating proteins. She said it's so much better having those vegetables, greens and plant-based stuff in a diet since it's going to change one's life and health.
She also admitted losing weight was a real change, but more than that she felt better and people were telling her that her energy's better too.
In an interview with US Weekly, J-Lo admitted the diet plan was really good so she stuck to it for a few more weeks. Currently, she adds in a little bit of fish and admitted to really enjoy it.
"But I've got to tell you, I enjoy it. I enjoy eating that way. I never did [before]. And I didn't know how good you can feel when you put healthy stuff in your body," she said.
Giving up dairy, meat and gluten gave Jennifer Lopez a leaner look. According to inquisitr, she dropped to a size 2 from a size 4 in a matter of weeks.
The 22-day vegan diet is based on the concept from Exercise Physiologist Marco Borges who founded "22 Days Nutrition," a vegan, organic and gluten-free food and lifestyle company. Like Lopez, other celebrity stars have also tried the diet, including married couple Jay Z and Beyoncé.
Borges, who is friends with Jay Z, suggested to the rapper he and Beyoncé should try the vegan diet for a few weeks. So they did and Jay Z later on shared his experience with the diet, also called as the "22-day Vegan Challenge," on his Web site.
"Psychologists have said it takes 21 days to make or break a habit. On the 22nd day, you've found the way," he wrote on his Web site, adding the diet is also a "spiritual and physical cleanse."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- The Bold and the Beautiful Spoilers for July 31, 2014: Plans, Conditions and Ultimatums in B&B [WATCH VIDEO]
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- The Bachelor Australia: Tim, Anna Relationship Update
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools