Jennifer Lopez-Casper Smart Split: J-Lo Losing Weight, Under Strict Diet
By Tanya Diente | June 26, 2014 4:28 PM EST
After her split with boyfriend Casper Smart, Jennifer Lopez has reportedly lost weight, 10 pounds to be exact, because of her strict vegan diet.
Singer Jennifer Lopez (L) performs on ABC television's "Good Morning America's Summer Concert Series" in New York City's Central Park, June 20, 2014.
Extratv reported the "American Idol" judge struggled to lose 8 to 10 pounds off her weight when she had her children about six years ago. In April, she started the 22-day non-dairy and gluten-free diet plan making her quickly dropped 10 pounds.
"People are used to seeing me be kind of thickish, but when I started eating [vegan], right away I dropped like 8 to 10 pounds," Lopez told Extratv.
J-Lo said she did full vegan for almost four, five weeks, then started incorporating proteins. She said it's so much better having those vegetables, greens and plant-based stuff in a diet since it's going to change one's life and health.
She also admitted losing weight was a real change, but more than that she felt better and people were telling her that her energy's better too.
In an interview with US Weekly, J-Lo admitted the diet plan was really good so she stuck to it for a few more weeks. Currently, she adds in a little bit of fish and admitted to really enjoy it.
"But I've got to tell you, I enjoy it. I enjoy eating that way. I never did [before]. And I didn't know how good you can feel when you put healthy stuff in your body," she said.
Giving up dairy, meat and gluten gave Jennifer Lopez a leaner look. According to inquisitr, she dropped to a size 2 from a size 4 in a matter of weeks.
The 22-day vegan diet is based on the concept from Exercise Physiologist Marco Borges who founded "22 Days Nutrition," a vegan, organic and gluten-free food and lifestyle company. Like Lopez, other celebrity stars have also tried the diet, including married couple Jay Z and Beyoncé.
Borges, who is friends with Jay Z, suggested to the rapper he and Beyoncé should try the vegan diet for a few weeks. So they did and Jay Z later on shared his experience with the diet, also called as the "22-day Vegan Challenge," on his Web site.
"Psychologists have said it takes 21 days to make or break a habit. On the 22nd day, you've found the way," he wrote on his Web site, adding the diet is also a "spiritual and physical cleanse."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features