FIFA World Cup Group E Results France and Switzerland Through
By Christine Jane Caparras | June 26, 2014 4:01 PM EST
The South American teams in group E failed to impress like their over-achieving South American neighbors in the first four groups that finished their group stage matches. Both Ecuador and Honduras fell short of the mark and will be trekking home at the end of the group stage.
FIFA WORLD CUP 2014 BRAZIL
GROUP E RESULTS
QUALIFIED: 1. FRANCE, 2. SWITZERLAND
Honduras failed to win a single match while Ecuador put up a valiant fight managing to secure 4 points from three matches.
The final round started off with all of the teams still holding the possibility of qualification. France were on top with 6 point and only managed a draw on their last match but that proved to be enough to take them to the top of the group. Switzerland meanwhile, upheld the European honours by joining France in the next round by defeating Honduras convincingly at 3-0.
This shifts the momentum back to the Europeans who have already suffered the elimination of previous World Cup champions Spain, Italy and England.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Celebs: Struggle With Drug Addiction
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- Khloe Kardashian Sympathetic About Ex-Husband Lamar Odom in Recent Instagram Posts
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market