FIFA World Cup Group E Results France and Switzerland Through
By Christine Jane Caparras | June 26, 2014 4:01 PM EST
The South American teams in group E failed to impress like their over-achieving South American neighbors in the first four groups that finished their group stage matches. Both Ecuador and Honduras fell short of the mark and will be trekking home at the end of the group stage.
FIFA WORLD CUP 2014 BRAZIL
GROUP E RESULTS
QUALIFIED: 1. FRANCE, 2. SWITZERLAND
Honduras failed to win a single match while Ecuador put up a valiant fight managing to secure 4 points from three matches.
The final round started off with all of the teams still holding the possibility of qualification. France were on top with 6 point and only managed a draw on their last match but that proved to be enough to take them to the top of the group. Switzerland meanwhile, upheld the European honours by joining France in the next round by defeating Honduras convincingly at 3-0.
This shifts the momentum back to the Europeans who have already suffered the elimination of previous World Cup champions Spain, Italy and England.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’