FIFA World Cup Group E Results France and Switzerland Through
By Christine Jane Caparras | June 26, 2014 4:01 PM EST
The South American teams in group E failed to impress like their over-achieving South American neighbors in the first four groups that finished their group stage matches. Both Ecuador and Honduras fell short of the mark and will be trekking home at the end of the group stage.
FIFA WORLD CUP 2014 BRAZIL
GROUP E RESULTS
QUALIFIED: 1. FRANCE, 2. SWITZERLAND
Honduras failed to win a single match while Ecuador put up a valiant fight managing to secure 4 points from three matches.
The final round started off with all of the teams still holding the possibility of qualification. France were on top with 6 point and only managed a draw on their last match but that proved to be enough to take them to the top of the group. Switzerland meanwhile, upheld the European honours by joining France in the next round by defeating Honduras convincingly at 3-0.
This shifts the momentum back to the Europeans who have already suffered the elimination of previous World Cup champions Spain, Italy and England.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar