FIFA World Cup Group E Results France and Switzerland Through
By Christine Jane Caparras | June 26, 2014 4:01 PM EST
The South American teams in group E failed to impress like their over-achieving South American neighbors in the first four groups that finished their group stage matches. Both Ecuador and Honduras fell short of the mark and will be trekking home at the end of the group stage.
FIFA WORLD CUP 2014 BRAZIL
GROUP E RESULTS
QUALIFIED: 1. FRANCE, 2. SWITZERLAND
Honduras failed to win a single match while Ecuador put up a valiant fight managing to secure 4 points from three matches.
The final round started off with all of the teams still holding the possibility of qualification. France were on top with 6 point and only managed a draw on their last match but that proved to be enough to take them to the top of the group. Switzerland meanwhile, upheld the European honours by joining France in the next round by defeating Honduras convincingly at 3-0.
This shifts the momentum back to the Europeans who have already suffered the elimination of previous World Cup champions Spain, Italy and England.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- UFC News: Rhonda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen