FIFA World Cup Group E Results France and Switzerland Through
By Christine Jane Caparras | June 26, 2014 4:01 PM EST
The South American teams in group E failed to impress like their over-achieving South American neighbors in the first four groups that finished their group stage matches. Both Ecuador and Honduras fell short of the mark and will be trekking home at the end of the group stage.
FIFA WORLD CUP 2014 BRAZIL
GROUP E RESULTS
QUALIFIED: 1. FRANCE, 2. SWITZERLAND
Honduras failed to win a single match while Ecuador put up a valiant fight managing to secure 4 points from three matches.
The final round started off with all of the teams still holding the possibility of qualification. France were on top with 6 point and only managed a draw on their last match but that proved to be enough to take them to the top of the group. Switzerland meanwhile, upheld the European honours by joining France in the next round by defeating Honduras convincingly at 3-0.
This shifts the momentum back to the Europeans who have already suffered the elimination of previous World Cup champions Spain, Italy and England.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Striker Disappointed with Cesc Fabregas Sale to Chelsea
- 5 Sports Stars Who are Also Into Other Sports
- UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs. Nick Diaz Receives Mixed Reactions on Twitter
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools