Samsung Galaxy S5: Top Three Protective Cases for the Android Smartphone
By Jenalyn Villamarin | June 26, 2014 3:59 PM EST
The Samsung Galaxy S5 owners can now add another layer of protection to the Android device with the top three smartphone cases released. Manufacturers created and released the accessories for the Samsung Galaxy S5 to shield it from accidental drops or slips.
The Gizmodo Australia report pointed out that spending around $40 on the Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone case appears to be too much. However, the expensive case can save the smartphone owner from thhe $300 expense on screen replacement or a dented chrome bezel.
The first protective case for the Samsung Galaxy S5 is the Tech21 Impact Tactical with the price set at $37.99. The case may be made out of tough D3O rubberized plastic but it has a slim appearance that can still cushion an accidental drop without conveying the shock to the smartphone.
The same plastic finish on the case can hide scratches and marks as well. Interested consumers can choose from the available colour options of black, blue, pink or green. Click HERE to see photo.
The second case that can provide additional protection is the Otterbox Commuter Wallet with the price set at $41.95. The smartphone accessory has a hard plastic shell instead of the rubberized one found on the Tech21 Impact Tactical protective case.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 owners can leave their wallet behind and use the slide-out, credit-card-sized slot at the rear of the Otterbox Commuter Wallet case. The accessory also allows the smartphone owners to use a single RFID chip-and-pin credit card where they can tap the rear of the Otterbox Commuter Wallet case against the PayPass/Paywave terminal or other RFID card reader. Click HERE to see photo.
Lastly, the Cygnett UrbanShield protective case can guard the front glass of the Samsung Galaxy S5 with its hard plastic design that transfers a small amount of shock to the smartphone when dropped. The accessory offered at $34.95 price can also prevent scratches and scuffs on the Samsung device.
The protective case does not increase the dimensions of the Samsung Galaxy S5 so the owners will not feel their smartphone getting bulky. Another positive aspect on the smartphone case is that it does not get in the way of the headphone jack, infrared or USB ports of the Samsung Galaxy S5. Click HERE to see photo.
More Articles to Read:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Skype Gets A New Exclusive Feature On The Windows Phone
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier