Samsung Galaxy S5: Top Three Protective Cases for the Android Smartphone
By Jenalyn Villamarin | June 26, 2014 3:59 PM EST
The Samsung Galaxy S5 owners can now add another layer of protection to the Android device with the top three smartphone cases released. Manufacturers created and released the accessories for the Samsung Galaxy S5 to shield it from accidental drops or slips.
The Gizmodo Australia report pointed out that spending around $40 on the Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone case appears to be too much. However, the expensive case can save the smartphone owner from thhe $300 expense on screen replacement or a dented chrome bezel.
The first protective case for the Samsung Galaxy S5 is the Tech21 Impact Tactical with the price set at $37.99. The case may be made out of tough D3O rubberized plastic but it has a slim appearance that can still cushion an accidental drop without conveying the shock to the smartphone.
The same plastic finish on the case can hide scratches and marks as well. Interested consumers can choose from the available colour options of black, blue, pink or green. Click HERE to see photo.
The second case that can provide additional protection is the Otterbox Commuter Wallet with the price set at $41.95. The smartphone accessory has a hard plastic shell instead of the rubberized one found on the Tech21 Impact Tactical protective case.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 owners can leave their wallet behind and use the slide-out, credit-card-sized slot at the rear of the Otterbox Commuter Wallet case. The accessory also allows the smartphone owners to use a single RFID chip-and-pin credit card where they can tap the rear of the Otterbox Commuter Wallet case against the PayPass/Paywave terminal or other RFID card reader. Click HERE to see photo.
Lastly, the Cygnett UrbanShield protective case can guard the front glass of the Samsung Galaxy S5 with its hard plastic design that transfers a small amount of shock to the smartphone when dropped. The accessory offered at $34.95 price can also prevent scratches and scuffs on the Samsung device.
The protective case does not increase the dimensions of the Samsung Galaxy S5 so the owners will not feel their smartphone getting bulky. Another positive aspect on the smartphone case is that it does not get in the way of the headphone jack, infrared or USB ports of the Samsung Galaxy S5. Click HERE to see photo.
More Articles to Read:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 KitKat Still Delayed for Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3
- PS4 News: 2 Possible Sets of PS Plus Games for August 2014 Leaked and Additional Features for PS4
- GTA V Online: Money-Glitch Ban Goes After Cheaters as a New Zombie DLC Leak is Spotted
- HTC One Mini 2 vs. LG G2 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Xbox One News: EA Subscription Effective for Microsoft’s Next-gen Console; Forza Horizon 2 Announces 16 More Cars
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’