Bigger iPhone 6 on Release Date Touted with OIS
By Karla Danica Figuerres | June 26, 2014 3:13 PM EST
The iPhone 6 release date news is ramping up and every day seems to be another chance to hear more leaks and updates about the upcoming flagship smartphone of Apple.
A woman holds her new Apple iPhone 5S after buying it at an Apple Store at Tokyo's Ginza shopping district September 20, 2013
Although, nothing has been confirmed by the Cupertino tech giant thus far, the iPhone 6 release date is expected to happen a few months from now, and if there is one thing that appears certain about the iPhone 6, it is that there will be two variants - a 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch models.
Recent reports suggest that the iPhone 6 will have an OIS (Optical Image Stabilisation) feature for the bigger variant. Previously, the possibility of OIS has been rumoured to come with the camera of the iPhone 6. At that time, it was said that fans are anticipating having a larger camera sensor for the next generation iPhone but it was more likely for the Cupertino tech giant to stick to the 8 MP sensor camera unit but with improvements like the OIS.
According the research note of Apple Insider that includes predictions from the famous KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, the supply constraints suggest that the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 will not have the OIS but the required OIS components might be supplied in enough numbers to be included in the 5.5-inch model of the iPhone 6.
It is believed that the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 will utilise a "middle-mount open-loop voice call motor" rather than an OIS voice coil motor, which is an improved version of the VCM currently used in the iPhone 5S.
Kuo thinks that if the bigger model of the iPhone 6 will sport the OIS feature, it will help to distinguish it from other iPhones and fit the image of a higher-end device. Also, Kuo believes that both the iPhone 6 models will have 8 MP sensor rear cameras.
Moreover, Kuo predicts that instead of joining the specs race with other smartphone manufacturers, Apple will deliver a complete package by integrating Apple software and hardware to create a beast of a device that will be the leader in the market. It appears that latest news suggests that Apple is concentrating in subtle details to offer the highest performance possible through the iPhone 6.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report