HTC One M7 and One M8 to Receive Android L Within 90 Days After Google Finalises Firmware
By Ryan Inoyori | June 26, 2014 3:02 PM EST
HTC is now working with the official Android L update for HTC One M7 and One M8 and is expected to be rolled out within 90 days after Google sends out the final version. Moreover, a new battery saver is included on Android L to control CPU and network radio.
Android L on HTC One M7 and M8
Owners of the HTC One M7 and One M8 may not have to wait too long just to get the newest Android version 'L'. The company confirmed to GSMArena that the new firmware users of both smartphones won't be waiting for extended periods to receive another major update.
HTC plans to rollout Android L for HTC One M7 and M8 within 90 days after Google releases the final version of the firmware which may take a few months. After the two flagship smartphones, HTC also plans to extend some parts the new firmware to other unnamed members of the One series and selected models from the Desire series.
Owners should not worry about the 90-day deadline as HTC secured their commitment on the Android KitKat update.
Android L Developer Preview
Google finally unveiled the next generation Android OS having the codename 'L' which will be launched in a few months. Developers may begin to play and utilize the factory image files for Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 starting tomorrow.
Android L includes several changes to the user interface, status bar, runtime and system apps.
1. Access of notifications from the lock screen by tapping or swiping.
2. Upgrades on the Chrome default browser for Android such as smoother design and easy access for certain options.
3. Performance improvements added with new GUI rendering fixed at 60 frames per second for better scrolling.
4. New runtime added called ART to allow faster apps that is compatible with ARM, x86 and MIPS architectures.
5. Optimised memory capability and support for 64-bit processing.
6. Introduction of Project Volta as a built-in power saving mode which allows CPU and network radio control.
7. Improvements on data separation and security by allowing segregation between personal and work data.
8. New security implementation will support older Android versions 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, 4.1 to 4.3 Jelly Bean and 4.4 KitKat.
9. Unification of fitness tracking experience to a single app named Google Fit which will support various wearable brands.
10. Optional data request access for the Google Fit platform.
Google is yet to confirm the official dessert name and numerical coding of Android L while the firmware is expected to arrive on Nexus devices around fall.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Dates Set To Hit 3 Areas As Early As September
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’ Updates: More Revealed For Co-Op, Collector’s Edition And Possible PC Debut
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone