HTC One M7 and One M8 to Receive Android L Within 90 Days After Google Finalises Firmware
By Ryan Inoyori | June 26, 2014 3:02 PM EST
HTC is now working with the official Android L update for HTC One M7 and One M8 and is expected to be rolled out within 90 days after Google sends out the final version. Moreover, a new battery saver is included on Android L to control CPU and network radio.
Android L on HTC One M7 and M8
Owners of the HTC One M7 and One M8 may not have to wait too long just to get the newest Android version 'L'. The company confirmed to GSMArena that the new firmware users of both smartphones won't be waiting for extended periods to receive another major update.
HTC plans to rollout Android L for HTC One M7 and M8 within 90 days after Google releases the final version of the firmware which may take a few months. After the two flagship smartphones, HTC also plans to extend some parts the new firmware to other unnamed members of the One series and selected models from the Desire series.
Owners should not worry about the 90-day deadline as HTC secured their commitment on the Android KitKat update.
Android L Developer Preview
Google finally unveiled the next generation Android OS having the codename 'L' which will be launched in a few months. Developers may begin to play and utilize the factory image files for Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 starting tomorrow.
Android L includes several changes to the user interface, status bar, runtime and system apps.
1. Access of notifications from the lock screen by tapping or swiping.
2. Upgrades on the Chrome default browser for Android such as smoother design and easy access for certain options.
3. Performance improvements added with new GUI rendering fixed at 60 frames per second for better scrolling.
4. New runtime added called ART to allow faster apps that is compatible with ARM, x86 and MIPS architectures.
5. Optimised memory capability and support for 64-bit processing.
6. Introduction of Project Volta as a built-in power saving mode which allows CPU and network radio control.
7. Improvements on data separation and security by allowing segregation between personal and work data.
8. New security implementation will support older Android versions 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, 4.1 to 4.3 Jelly Bean and 4.4 KitKat.
9. Unification of fitness tracking experience to a single app named Google Fit which will support various wearable brands.
10. Optional data request access for the Google Fit platform.
Google is yet to confirm the official dessert name and numerical coding of Android L while the firmware is expected to arrive on Nexus devices around fall.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- ‘Dark Souls 2 Crown Of The Old Iron King’ DLC For PlayStation 3, XBox 360 And PC Released On Aug. 26, 2014 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Nokia Lumia 1320 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- Update Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 I9205 To Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUDNF2 Firmware
- ‘Super Smash Bros.’ Gets Massive Leak For Character Roster, Game Details And Sleep Mode
- Robin Williams to Be Honoured As A Character In 'World Of Warcraft: Warlords Of Draenor'
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown