Bride-to-be Dies in a Tragic Accident on the Way to Bachelorette Party
By Sachin Trivedi | June 26, 2014 1:37 PM EST
In a tragic car crash, a 26-year-old U.S woman was killed just weeks away from her wedding. Collette Moreno is survived by her son and other family members. The family is currently trying to raise funds for her funeral.
The bride-to-be Collette Moreno was reportedly in the passenger seat of a car along with her best friend Ashley M. Theobald. According to a report by KCTV5, they were traveling to the Lake of the Ozarks for her bachelorette party. The two friends shared a selfie just minutes before the crash.
The accident reportedly occurred when Theobald was trying to overtake another vehicle. According to Theobald, the vehicle they were trying to pass emitted fumes from its exhaust that caused Moreno to get an asthma attack.
The car collided with an oncoming vehicle driven by Melvin E. Garber. Both vehicles swerved to avoid a collision. The Dodge Ram, driven by Garber collided with the Chevy Malibu, driven by Theobald, on the passenger side. All three involved in the accident were wearing seat belts. "We both thought it was clear and there was a hill that neither one of us saw," Theobald said.
Both were taken to the University Hospital in Columbia. Theobald suffered minor injuries while Moreno was reportedly pronounced dead 3 hours after the crash. Theobald will reportedly face traffic charges of careless and imprudent driving.
Jesse Arcobasso, the fiancé of Moreno, reportedly rushed to the hospital to make sure she was alright. The two of them were due to be married by the end of July. Her son is yet to fully comprehend what has happened.
Collette Moreno reportedly has a 5-year-old son named Braden. Her mother, Kelly Arie, and her sisters are planning to travel to Missouri to bury her. They are planning to raise $15,000 in the next few days.
The family has managed to raise around $13,000 so far. The Web page has over 400 supporters. Click here to read their appeal and make a contribution. Messages of thoughts and prayers are pouring in from social media. The tragic story of a bride-to-be killed while on the way to her bachelorette party has shocked many people.
Star Wars 7: Top 5 Roles Tom Cruise Can Play in the Upcoming Movie [Read]
Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Where Tyrion Lannister is Going [Read]
The Amazing Spider-Man 3: Top 5 Super Villains [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Of Cambridge ‘Dissed’ By Camilla Parker-Bowles; Delivery Expected In April- Reports
- 'Green Alien Eggs' Spotted on Sydney's Dee Why Beach
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde Attends Father’s Funeral Without Handcuffs, Brother Thanks TPB Founder’s Supporters on Facebook
- Drag Queens Fume That Facebook Is Banning Aliases And Threaten to Drop Out Of It
- Tigerair Australia, AFP Evicts Male Passenger For Terrorism-Themed Drawings Amid High Terror Alert
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?