Bride-to-be Dies in a Tragic Accident on the Way to Bachelorette Party
By Sachin Trivedi | June 26, 2014 1:37 PM EST
In a tragic car crash, a 26-year-old U.S woman was killed just weeks away from her wedding. Collette Moreno is survived by her son and other family members. The family is currently trying to raise funds for her funeral.
The bride-to-be Collette Moreno was reportedly in the passenger seat of a car along with her best friend Ashley M. Theobald. According to a report by KCTV5, they were traveling to the Lake of the Ozarks for her bachelorette party. The two friends shared a selfie just minutes before the crash.
The accident reportedly occurred when Theobald was trying to overtake another vehicle. According to Theobald, the vehicle they were trying to pass emitted fumes from its exhaust that caused Moreno to get an asthma attack.
The car collided with an oncoming vehicle driven by Melvin E. Garber. Both vehicles swerved to avoid a collision. The Dodge Ram, driven by Garber collided with the Chevy Malibu, driven by Theobald, on the passenger side. All three involved in the accident were wearing seat belts. "We both thought it was clear and there was a hill that neither one of us saw," Theobald said.
Both were taken to the University Hospital in Columbia. Theobald suffered minor injuries while Moreno was reportedly pronounced dead 3 hours after the crash. Theobald will reportedly face traffic charges of careless and imprudent driving.
Jesse Arcobasso, the fiancé of Moreno, reportedly rushed to the hospital to make sure she was alright. The two of them were due to be married by the end of July. Her son is yet to fully comprehend what has happened.
Collette Moreno reportedly has a 5-year-old son named Braden. Her mother, Kelly Arie, and her sisters are planning to travel to Missouri to bury her. They are planning to raise $15,000 in the next few days.
The family has managed to raise around $13,000 so far. The Web page has over 400 supporters. Click here to read their appeal and make a contribution. Messages of thoughts and prayers are pouring in from social media. The tragic story of a bride-to-be killed while on the way to her bachelorette party has shocked many people.
Star Wars 7: Top 5 Roles Tom Cruise Can Play in the Upcoming Movie [Read]
Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Where Tyrion Lannister is Going [Read]
The Amazing Spider-Man 3: Top 5 Super Villains [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- 15 Orgasms/Week, $27K/Yr Salary Not Bad for Professional Toy Tester Cara Houiellebecq (VIDEO)
- Thai’s Crackdown on Commercial Surrogacy Exposes Aussie Couple’s Appalling Deed
- 2014 Perseid Meteor Shower vs. Supermoon: Best to View Meteor Shower Display before August 12 to 13 Peak
- Australian Wanted Man Threatens Terror in Australia, Demands Release of Muslim Prisoners
- Viral Video Cyring Sadie: 5-Year-Old Little Girl Does Not Want Her Baby Brother to Grow Up [WATCH VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff