Bride-to-be Dies in a Tragic Accident on the Way to Bachelorette Party
By Sachin Trivedi | June 26, 2014 1:37 PM EST
In a tragic car crash, a 26-year-old U.S woman was killed just weeks away from her wedding. Collette Moreno is survived by her son and other family members. The family is currently trying to raise funds for her funeral.
The bride-to-be Collette Moreno was reportedly in the passenger seat of a car along with her best friend Ashley M. Theobald. According to a report by KCTV5, they were traveling to the Lake of the Ozarks for her bachelorette party. The two friends shared a selfie just minutes before the crash.
The accident reportedly occurred when Theobald was trying to overtake another vehicle. According to Theobald, the vehicle they were trying to pass emitted fumes from its exhaust that caused Moreno to get an asthma attack.
The car collided with an oncoming vehicle driven by Melvin E. Garber. Both vehicles swerved to avoid a collision. The Dodge Ram, driven by Garber collided with the Chevy Malibu, driven by Theobald, on the passenger side. All three involved in the accident were wearing seat belts. "We both thought it was clear and there was a hill that neither one of us saw," Theobald said.
Both were taken to the University Hospital in Columbia. Theobald suffered minor injuries while Moreno was reportedly pronounced dead 3 hours after the crash. Theobald will reportedly face traffic charges of careless and imprudent driving.
Jesse Arcobasso, the fiancé of Moreno, reportedly rushed to the hospital to make sure she was alright. The two of them were due to be married by the end of July. Her son is yet to fully comprehend what has happened.
Collette Moreno reportedly has a 5-year-old son named Braden. Her mother, Kelly Arie, and her sisters are planning to travel to Missouri to bury her. They are planning to raise $15,000 in the next few days.
The family has managed to raise around $13,000 so far. The Web page has over 400 supporters. Click here to read their appeal and make a contribution. Messages of thoughts and prayers are pouring in from social media. The tragic story of a bride-to-be killed while on the way to her bachelorette party has shocked many people.
Star Wars 7: Top 5 Roles Tom Cruise Can Play in the Upcoming Movie [Read]
Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Where Tyrion Lannister is Going [Read]
The Amazing Spider-Man 3: Top 5 Super Villains [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Fears Cause Hysteria In United States And Around The World
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess All Smiles In First Public Appearance, Sickness Seems Over
- Baby Corpses Found in Storage Locker in Canada
- Woman Stuck In Chimney: Genoveva Nunez-Figueroa Arrested For Attempted Break-In After Rescue Team Pulls Stuck Woman Out Of Chimney
- ISIS Taking U.S.-Airdropped Weapons An 'Embarrassment'; Another Yazidi Massacre Looming [VIDEO]
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]